We're kicking off a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. The theme for this challenge is 'Winter Fun with Doohickey'. Along with Magnolia Stamps image(s) we want you to also use Magnolia Doohickey cutting die(s) on you card/project. To get complete details of the challenge and how you can join in the fun, visit the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Also have a look at what my DT teammates have created to inspire you.
And here's what I've created for my DT card for the challenge.
On the hidden tag, it simply says 'Winter.'
Close-up of the winter scene featuring four Magnolia Stamps images. Masking work was required to create this scene.
These are the stamps used:
- Tilda in Cozy Coat from the Waiting for Christmas Collection 2014
- Winter Fence from the Santa Collection 2008
- Winter Forest from the Santa Collection 2008
- Frosty With Snowflake from the So Snowy Collection 2009
Part of this challenge is to use Magnolia Doohickey dies. These are the four doohickeys that I've used:
- Magnolia Doohickey Swirl (and Leaf)
- Magnolia Doohickey Cozy Fern and Snowflake
- Magnolia Doohickey Vintage Tag
- Old Swedish Lace
Magnolia stamps and Magnolia Doohickey cutting dies are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps. And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, ask Diana if she can bring it in for you.
Check out also the stamps from Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Saturated Canary and Candibeans.
Check out other cutting dies from various companies including Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Wild Rose Studio.
Prices are discounted, you get excellent customer service and there's a customer reward program where you get to earn 2% credit to be applied to future purchases.
- comments on related postings on the DT gals' blogs for that week (which includes this one...hee hee)
Creative Fingers Challenge #64 - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #2 - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #96 - Winter
Totally Tilda and Friends Challenge #112 - Easel, Stepper of Joy Fold Cards
Fun With Shapes and More Challenge #174 - Again Wintry
Hanna and Friends Challenge #214 - Snowmen
Scrapper's Delights Challenge #39 - Anything Goes w/twist favorite colours (blue)
Crafty Cardmakers and More...Challenge #131 - Combine 2 or more stamps (I have used 4 stamps, masking technique)
Dream Valley Challenge #98 - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards Challenge #11 - Always Anything Goes
Thanks for stopping by. Your visit is always very much appreciated. Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!
Sentiments: Computer generated
Designer Papers: Recollections Starry Nights and Bold Basics paper pads
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles; Magnolia Doohickey Swirl (and Leaf), Doohickey Cozy Fern and Snowflake, Doohickey Vintage Tag and Old Swedish Lace; Spellbinders Scrapy Land Custom Design dies; Spellbinders Die-D-Lites Fancy Label Tags One
Punches: EK Success Snowflakes, Martha Stewart Aspen Snowflake
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pad Walnut Stain, rafia, pearls, rhinestones/blings from my stash
Colouring medium: Alcohol ink markers from Letraset - Promarkers and Pantone Trias; coloured pencils to help with the shading- face and skin: blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks: oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and boots: burnt sienna, caramel, sandstone, black coloured pencil
- blue coat: twilight sky, polar blue, denim blue, pebble blue, april shower
- tights: black, cool grey 5, cool grey 4, cool grey 3
- snowman's scarf and nose: burnt umber, coral, 484-T, mango, 170-T
- trees: apple cider, 617-T
- white shading: warm grey 5-T, cool grey 4-T, cool grey 1-T
- dotted background: grey green, 5507-T, tea green, 5527-T