Tuesday, January 25, 2011

jingle all the way...

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

This is my DT card for:
1. the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog - Challenge #6 - January Inspirational Challenge, and
2. the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group Christmas All Year Long Group Blog Hop (boy that's a mouthful...LOL).

The posting launch date for both is the same date this month--that's today, January 25th. Sorry, but I wasn't about to make 2 cards, as I simply don't have the time to do it--I'm a slowpoke...hee hee.


If you're taking part in the January Christmas blog hop and have come here from Nadyne's blog, then you're in the right place. A list of the participants and the start of the blog hop can be found at the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog.

This card was inspired by Cabio's picture that she's chosen for the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog January inspirational challenge.
Please pop over to the Challenge Blog to see the other DT ladies' fabulous cards and see how this picture had inspired them.


You're probably asking how the heck did she get from this picture to that card!? LOL...My mind sometimes works in mysterious ways--by that I meant weird ways...tee hee.
Well, what hit me first was all that warm brown colour--so something on the monochromatic-brown colour scheme, I thought.


Since I had to make this Christmasy, the fireplace said "Christmas" to me, as I have a Christmas fireplace stamp.


And I've used that round table for the shape of my card.
Hope you followed that.




For the layout of this card, I used this sketch from Create4fun Challenge - for their Week 04/Challenge #77.




A few other challenges for this card:



Wild Orchid Challenges - Challenge 15 - Let's Get Sentimental.

Crafts and Me Challenges - Challenge 22 - Monochrome.

Stampin' for the Weekend - Challenge #2 - Getting Warmed Up. Well, brown is a warm colour and the image of the fireplace fits the theme, doesn't it?

Let's Ink It Up - Challenge #8 - Anything Goes.

Everybody-Art-Challenge # 126 - My Favorite Things (that would be easel cards and Christmas).



Okay, okay, yes it's another easel card!! I hope you guys aren't getting tired of seeing them. But hey, at least it's a round one...LOL. This one is a full-size 6 inches across/in diameter.



I have this MS jingle bell punch that I've been wanting to use, but didn't get a chance this past holiday season. So I chose this Reindeer Tilda for my card, because she is wearing a necklace of jingle bells to match my punch. This Tilda is from Magnolia A Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010 (available from Magnolia-licious on-line store). I've also added a few brass-colour jingle bells from my craftroom stash.





The fireplace image is called Fireplace with Stockings from Magnolia's So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009. Diana doesn't currently have it in stock at Magnolia-licious, but you can contact her and I'm sure she will order it in for you.


Thanks for taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit very much. Much more thanks if you are taking part in the Christmas Group's Blog Hop. You are almost at the end...woo hoo!!! I am 2nd to the last on the list. You only have one more blog to visit from here...and that's to Tanya's blog to see what fabulous Christmas card she has created.


Have a wonderful day!




Stamps: Reindeer Tilda, Fireplace With Stockings, Imaginisce Snag 'em Stamps 'Be Merry', the 'jingle all the way' is computer generated.



DP's: The Paper Company Christmas Treasures Gold Swirl, Hot Off the Press Paper Pizazz Sheets Mixing Masculine Papers, Magenta paper--I don't know the name.



Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Sixteen, Magnolia Doohickey Leaf, Martha Stewart punch jingle bell (I'm guessing the name here).



Misc.: Tim Holtz distress ink pad Vintage Photo, Queen & Co. pearls Chocolate Delight, Jewel Ritz micro-fine glitter Cinnamon.



Medium: Alcohol-ink markers and coloured pencils:

Promarkers--blush, soft peach, cinnamon, putty, safron, cocoa, caramel, sandstone, gold, mustard;

Touch markers--27 powder pink, 136 blush, 102 raw umber, 92 chocolate, 95 burnt sienna, 103 potato brown, 97 rose beige, 100 walnut;

Prismacolor: pencils PC939 deep orange, PC1010 peach, PC928 blush pink;

Cretacolor Marino pencils--chesnut brown.









42 comments:

Candy said...

Norma,
I love how you think :o)
What a beautiful Christmas Card and in such unusual colours- wonderful rich browns!
You are the master of round easel cards and I never get tired of them :o)
Tilda as always is coloured so beautifully. Love the hanging jingle bells and all of your 'special' touches. This Tilda is one of my favourites in the Christmas Collection this year.
Great sentiment.
Hugs, Candy

Bea said...

Prachtig Norma!!!
Gr.Bea.

Chrissy said...

I love this Norma, its stunning. I love the rich brown colours and your colouring is perfect.
Luv CHRISSYxx

cabio's craft corner said...

How clever you are Norma to combine both the yahoo group and inspirations in one card plus other challenges. Love the mono tone and the jingle bells are fun accents to add. How cute!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Monique said...

It's gorgious Norma !! I love your colouring and the colours you used. And I love your easel cards :)).

Hugs Monique

ellabella said...

Oh ow Norma, wonderful card. Love the colorcombi! So sweet little details.
Janine

Regina said...

Norma!!! It´s so gorgeous! The colors are amazing!! :)) Always such a pleasure to visit your blog.
Have a marvellous week!!
Hugs
Regina

Frea said...

WOw Norma, such a great card, love the round shape and the fact that it's an easel card. Lovely warm colours too! HUgs, Frea

dolcreations said...

Are you kidding me...I LOVE this card! Easel cards are so special..a little more work...but so beautiful! You are the master that is for sure.I just love the colour scheme, and I LOVE the jingle bells. I am so happy I have some of those now too...thanks for the inspiration Norma!

Danielle Champagne said...

Gooood morning Norma, How pretty, I just love the shape and layers of your card.So very nice... I might just borrow(!) this. Tilda is adorable, sitting there waiting for Santa. Love those gorgeous papers and the little bells !
Hugs. Danielle.

SuzanneK said...

Wonderful job, fantastic colour choice, the papers too are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Barb Hardeman said...

Stunning, my friend! I love the monochromatic feel you have on this card, and the sketch is awesome. Your coloring is fabulous! I love the way you come up with such creative things on your cards. The bells with the sentiment are perfect!!!! Fabulous, just fabulous!
Hugs,
Barb

Grenouille Greetings said...

Fab sketch. Lovely DPs and beautiful card! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Corinne said...

Norma, your card is absolutely beautiful. Love the rich browns you used....and Reindeer Tilda is so cute...adding the bells to the card was the perfect touch.
Hugs~
Corinne

LindaC said...

Norma, I love this card. You did a fab job intrepreting the sketch with your layers. I too like the monochromatic look of this card. Great job! LC

Angela said...

Hi Norma, your card is beautiful. I love the pink and brown combination and the papers you combined here are so pretty! It's nice to see non-traditional colors used for a Christmas card. You did an amazing job with this challenge my friend! hugs, Angela

Cami said...

Another beautiful card, Norma. Great take on the inspiration pic. Love the colors and layout and of course a round easel card! Love this! Hugs, Cami

Kathy said...

Oh my Norma, this is beautiful. Love the monochromatic brown colors, so warm and inviting. That fireplace is darling, love your bell punch and hanging bells, perfect accents. Wonderful creation!

Julie said...

Wow Norma! I love this! The layers are gorgeous and fabulous job on the coloring. Thanks for joining the blog hop this month!

Julie

Pam S. said...

So FUN Norma! love this Tilda and that chimney! So fun to create with and I love coming to see what you've been up to! Thanks for the color info. I've been thinking I want some promarkers and this helps. I have Tria but I forget to use them! ugh! I need a mother! lol
Pam Going Postal

Sandy said...

Hey Norma! I didn't know that you were a double dipper --- how clever taking the round coffee table - the fireplace and a monochromatic color scheme! Wonderful idea - that is what an artist does - it's all about texture - your sketch - shapes - again your sketch and the round card - vocal point - Miss Tilda sitting on that fireplace and color! Very creative card!
Sandy Dehon

Rene said...

Norma Norma Norma! How do you always manage to top yourself? This is STUNNING!!! Love it!
Rene :D

Cricket said...

Norma, once again you have blown me away with your talent. Beautiful!

Iulia said...

Gorgeous, as usual! I wouldn't have thought of making a round card. I have barely noticed the table was round:)) But it looks great! How clever of you! Gorgeous color combo, almost monochromatic, but not really. Just the right amount for not making Tilda look sad:)
Your coloring is flawless and I wish some day I could do that too. Far away, I guess:))
Hugs to you, iulia

Silvie Z said...

wow Norma, this is absolutely wonderful! Love the brown color combo and the shape your your card! Everything is so beautifully put together! Fantastic job!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Carissa said...

Beautiful card, so warm and rich. I love the round easel. I will have to try it. Hugs, Carissa

Beth said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Norma! Love the rich colors and wonderful details!

syllie said...

Beautiful piece of art !! I love it.
Hugs Sylvia

Abbylicious said...

Norma, your card is beautiful! I absolutly love, love, love your coloring and choice of papers!!!
Judy K.

Jean said...

An absolutely beautiful card Norma.. love your coloring and your layout and everything else about this card.. I it is MARVELOUS...
Hugs, Jean

Christina C. said...

Ohhhhhhh, Norma....what a GORGEOUS CARD!!!! Love the papers and your coloring is always fabulous! A magnificent easel card!!!!

Diana Crick said...

Very interesting interpretation, I love your thought process. The fireplace is perfect sitting spot for Reindeer Tilda. Gorgeous card Norma!!!
hugs, Diana

Stampin'Piper said...

OMG this is so cute! This Tilda is one of my favorites and the colors are wonderful!

Big Hugs Tanja

Claire said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at LIIU
Claire xx

Karen said...

WOW says it all, very impressive card

Leslie Avila said...

Loving your take on this challenge. Totally love all the browns! Beautiful
Blessings!
Leslie

Eulanda said...

Oh that is so brilliant!!! BRILLIANT!! I MUST make some xmas cards FAR before xmas next year. But I say that every year. LOL! I like your take on the picture inspiration and I can't wait to play this weekend. I'm crossing my fingers that my new Maggies make it by the weekend! Woo hoo!! Gorgeous card!

Glenda said...

Norma I love the "comfort food" feeling of your card. The papers work so well together, and your colouring, as usual, is awesome! I never get tired of seeing your creations, even if they are another easle card!

Lisette Morris said...

Wow Norma! Such beautiful rich chocolate colors. Stunning Card!

Berni said...

Great card! The colours are beautifully warm and so inviting.

Thanks for joining us over at SFTW

Hugs
Berni x

Gunn (Merete) said...

This is a beautiful card,I love the colors. Tilda is always cute on cards.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Pat said...

Oh Norma...what a gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Another stunning creation, hon!! Pat Frank

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...