Monday, March 21, 2011

Easter Parade - Magnolia-licious Easter-Spring Extravaganza Contest Blog Hop

Woo-hooooo... Spring is finally here!!!

Happy Spring everybody! Hippity hop...hippity hop...Magnolia-licious has a Spring-Easter Blog Hop for you. This blog hop is to inspire you to be creative and enter the Magnolia-licious Easter-Spring Extravaganza Contest. The contest is being hosted at Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog. There you will also find the COMPLETE details and rules for the contest (the prizes will floor you, really!)...and have a peek at the entries that have already been submitted...LOL.

Moving on to the blog hop, if you've come here from Mindy's blog, then you're right on track. If you get lost and/or want to start at the beginning, click here to go to the Magnolia-licious Highlites for a list of the participants. And from here, your next stop is at Paola's.

There are 3 categories to the contest (you can submit one entry per catergory--3 chances to win!!!):

#1 - Full size Magnolia images on an Easter/Spring Themed Card.

#2 - 'Magnolia Minis Only' on an Easter/Spring Theme Card.

#3 - Any Magnolia Easter/Spring Project, anything BUT a card. My project falls under Category # 3.

I've been working on this for the past week and a half. Oh not full time of course, just a few hours at a time. It took me a while to get started though as I had a mind block and couldn't think of what to make for this blog hop. So I went net surfing looking for inspirations and found this 'Flower Cart' tutorial in the Scor-Pal website (this is a fabulous site with tons of tutorials) and then the ideas just start popping in my head.

So this a picture of my entire project--an EGG-stravaganza Easter Parade.....LOL. (Click on the picture to blow it up.)



Here are the close-ups...


I coloured this Tilda with Laced Flag (from Autumn Collection 2010) a few months ago, but haven't used her on a card. I thought she would be perfect to lead the Easter Parade. I needed some sort of vehicle to pull all the parade floats together. There is tutorial for a UPS delivery truck in the Scor-Pal website, but I didn't think that would do. So, I fiddled around with the measurements and made my own pick-up truck. You have to use your imagination--this is my super duper red pick-up truck able to pull all the six parade floats behind it...LOL...and pretend that all the floats are all hitched up together. This is Leaning Tilda in the truck. She is from the You Are So Special Collection 2011

.
The flower cart tutorial is super easy to do. And it took less time to decorate one cart than a card, because hallelujah, I don't have to try to match DP's--that usually takes me forever to do when I'm card-making. The only designer paper I used for this project is the wood pattern one to cover the sides of the carts. I'm making them wooden parade floats--hey, this is a country Easter parade...LOL.






This is special-edition Celebration Tilda (from Creashop Duymelot).






And last, but not least, this is Edwin with Egg Basket (from the Hoppy Easter Collection 2010). Hmm... you can't see very well, but those are little chicks on the ground running all around Edwin...hee hee.


A few details on the project:


The back of a coloured Tilda usually looks pretty messy, but normally it's to be mounted on a card, so who's going to care...LOL.. But since this time the back is exposed, I've glued each of them first on a black cardstock before I cut them out.




I used chipboard for the platform inside the cart (not as per tutorial), so that the platform wouldn't cave in under the weight of the egg. I had to cut out the hole for the egg with my craft knife as the chipboard is too thick for my circle punch.



I found this perfect die for the spokes of the wheel in a set of Spellbinders Shapeabilities called 2010 Snowflake Pendant--who would have thought!




A few challenges I'm entering with this project:

Totally Tilda - Challenge #18 – Tilda with Chipboard. I’m not sure if my entry qualifies. Although I used a piece of chipboard in each of the cart as mentioned above, it is used for support and is all covered up and not showing.

Stamp with Fun Challenge 103 – Spring. Easter is synonymous with spring to me.

Creative CottageChallenge #35 – Spring has Sprung

Wild OrchidChallenge # 19 – Dieing to Punch It Out. Beside all the spokes for the cart wheels (Spellbinders 2010 Snowflake Pendant), the huge pink rose was made using Magnolia doohickey die and for the rose leaves, I used Spellbinders Sunflower Set 2. And of course there are those punches--I can't even begin to tell you how many punches I used. All my flowers are handmade.

Charisma Cardz – Challenge 11 – To Die For

Stamp Something - Something Sweet Challenge. Well, you can't tell me these Tilda images aren't sweet! They're adorable!!

Secret Crafter Saturday – Challenge #126 - Anything But a Card


My Easter Parade is on my fireplace mantel right now. Some of the eggs have already been eaten (yes, they're real eggs) and the rest is in my fridge--they'll be eaten soon enough. I'll have newly-boiled eggs for when Easter comes in April. I was thinking that I would use this as a centrepiece for the dining table, but on second thought maybe not, as I don't want food spots on them...LOL.

Anyway, thanks so much for dropping by. Appreciate your visit very much. Sorry this is so long, but hope you've liked looking at my project just the same.

If you're taking part in the blog hop, I hope you've been enjoying yourself and are getting a lot of inspirations from the projects that you've seen so far. Only a few more blogs to visit...hang on, LOL. Your next stop at Paola's blog will show you what this amazing lady has created.


I will TRY to put in more details later (when I can find the time..LOL). I was in a colouring marathon and I was grabbing tools from here and there and everywhere. I didn't stop to take notes...LOL.


**************************************************************

I've copied and pasted the complete rules from the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog:

BLOG CONTEST DETAILS

********************* Contest Details—How To Play:

Three Categories (you may do ONE PROJECT for each category)

#1-- Full size Magnolia images on an Easter/Spring Themed Card.

#2-- "Magnolia Minis Only" on an Easter/Spring Theme Card.

#3-- Any Magnolia Easter/Spring Project, anything BUT a card.

CONTEST DEADLINE: projects must be uploaded by 11 pm EST on April 19th!!

Winners will be announced on May 1st, 2011.

PRIZES:

First prize for each category (3 in total) - $150.00 Gift Certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store

Second Prize for each category (3 in total) - $75.00 Gift Certificate to the Magnolia-licious Store

Random prizes chosen by Diana will receive $25.00 Gift Certificates

RULES: -You may enter EACH category ONLY ONCE! -You MUST USE at least one Magnolia image on your project-Link your image to Magnolia-licious Store if you can in your post-Place a direct link below in the InLinkz system. If you do not have a direct link to your project you will not be entered. If you need help/directions with this please email Suzanne.**You do NOT need a blog to link your project to--any online gallery will do **

VOTING: -The Magnolia-kicious Yahoo Group members will vote for their favorite card/project. Contest is NOT open to Design Team Members of any Magnolia-licious DT Teams but they will be playing and creating to provide lots of inspiration for you!

-Once all projects are uploaded by April 19th voting will start. You may ONLY VOTE 1 time for each category—so three votes in total (the poll will keep track of votes/emails) and yes you may vote for yourself, LOL!

Voting will run from April 20th thru April 27th! Winners will be announced on May 1st 2011!



100 comments:

Mina974 said...

Fabulous work!!!

Renkata said...

OMG Norma,
you have created something utterly amazing.
Ohhh wait for me I want to be on this treain too. :)
Well done you!

lamanuelle said...

Absolument fabuleux!!! J'adore!! Bises. Nadine

Chrissy said...

This is absolutely brilliant. The work you have put in to this is amazing. Your colouring is perfect,SOOO clever.
Luv CHRISSYxx

debby4000 said...

WOW this is amazing and so cute.
luv
Debby

Patti Jo said...

Who doesn't love a parade, especially with Tilda's and Edwin! Norma, you come up with such awesome ideas and your work is outstanding!!! Love the parade!!!

Monique said...

Wow Norma. That must have been a lot of work. But how cute is this !!! I love it. So many cute datails. Really love it :)).

Hugs Monique

Durvina said...

This one is amazing!!
so big project, i love this one!!!
AMAZING!!!

hugs, Durvina

Cheryl said...

Well, this is The Best Easter parade I have EVER seen!! I always love coming here to see what you've been up to and I'm never disappointed!
Love, love this!

Merry said...

OMG....this is the best Magnolia project I have ever seen. Such amazing colouring and creating.

Only By His Grace said...

Oh my oh my!!
You keep amazing me Norma. This one beats the cake. (Do you have that saying in America?) It means it is the very best. If you were allowed to go in the contest no one would stand a chance. What a super idea making the wheels like that. You re so clever. I love the little umbrella and the watering can. So much to look at. It's a delight to see. Just precious. I would be proud of myself if I made just one of these little carriages.
Hugs Maz

Dena said...

You have outdone yourself Norma!!! OMG I am amazed at all the cute characters on one project! Oh to have your creative mind!!! Love it!
Hugs, Dena

Bribrie said...

Y a un sacré travail et c'est superbe ! Bravooo

Maria said...

OMG Norma! This is OUTSTANDING!!! I'm in total awe of you hun. Hugs, Maria

Angela said...

Norma, wow! I love your parade train! So adorable and beautifully constructed and decorated. Gorgeous coloring on all your images and I love the sweet umbrella on one of your carts! Too cute! hugs, Angela

Tracy V. said...

Oh Norma, you outdid yourself on this one! This is breathtakingly gorgeous. Awesome idea and project. I want to make one now! My kids would love this!!
Tracy V

Suzi said...

Wow!! can I buy a ticket to join all those sweet Tilda's on their journey. Your creation is just out of this world. Stunning in every aspect, from colouring to the eggs and little brolly etc. Amazing.
Hugs
Suzi x

Pat said...

Oh Norma!! Girlfriend, you have done it again!!!! This is absolutely stunning!! I can imagine that it took a full week...and for me it would be a full week without breaks!! LOL! Just fabulous, hon!! Hugs.
Pat Frank

Tammy said...

What a fabulous idea....and a perfect centerpiece. Wow you sure were creative on this. Love it!
smiles...Tammy

cabio's craft corner said...

Oh my goodness Norma, this is an amazing creation. I love every single one of this cart and of course the front Tilda leader too. Too cute :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

paola said...

You always make the most AMAZING projects, with so much detail, this is just phenomenal, i love everything about it. What a lot of work, STUNNING!
smiles
Paola

Brigitte said...

OMG, what a fantastic project!!! You probably slave at this for ever! TFS
brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

Danielle said...

Norma, I am totally speechless ... this is the MOST INCREDIBLE project I have EVER seen!!! WOW!!!! I love every single thing you have done on this creation ... totally amazing doesn't even come close to saying how gorgeous this is! Can I come to your house for Easter this year, LOL!!!! Truly inspiring ... and thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Danielle

Iulia said...

OMG Norma, I'm just out of words! Your stunning work here is a masterpiece. And so much coloring went into it! You have such an imaginative mind and surely lots of ambition to put your thoughts into practice!
Love every inch of your Easter Parade!
Hugs, Iulia

Angie said...

Ok...my jaw actually dropped when I got to your blog. Seriously! You must have started this adorable project a month ago. I can't believe all of the detailed and perfect work that you have put into this. It's gorgeous and I want one!

Angie

Maureen said...

Oh. My.Goodness Norma!!! What an incredible cration!!! I can't believe you made this! What a gret idea; wonderful colouring, and such fantastic construction work! This would make a beautiful Easter decoration for years to come. Wowzers!

charlene said...

OMG Wow Wow Wow and Wow again is all I can say...you amaze me this is just out of this world, over the top, perfecto !
Hugs

Dawn said...

Your creativity is beyond words!!! This little parade is just adorable and all the tiny little details that you put into it - this is by far my favorite Magnolia creation of all time!

Myrna said...

You have gone and done it again!!! This is the most ADORABLE little train I've ever seen! Just LOVE it Norma!

Suzan L said...

Oh My Goodness Norma!! What a wonderful project!! I wish I had that Easter train for my mantel!! I better get busy, because I know how much time it took you to make this treasure!! I just love it!!
Hugs,
Suzan

Kate said...

This is amazing, so much work! You are one talented lady.

** Kate **

Stampin Mindy said...

Wowzers!!! This is adorable!!! You are always so creative, this is just amazing!!! AMAZING!!!!!! Wow!

Hugs, Mindy

Danielle said...

OMG! NOrma, I spent so much time admiring this wonderful easter project of yours, so many details, AND SO ADORABLE. You made may day, I have a big big smile on my face. I love all the little carts, they are so so cute.
Hugs. Danielle.

Eulanda said...

Leave it to you Norma!! To come up with something uber AMAZING!! OMG!! This looks like a lot of work you put into this but how fun it is! Great job!! I'm working on mine this weekend. It started with paper mache. hee hee That's all I'm sayin'. Thanks for the inspiration!

Shirley N said...

Wow, wow, WOW! Your project is just amazing, I LOVE it! Love all your images and your beautiful coloring! Awesome work!!!

Linda Palmer said...

This is totally amazing. Every image is perfectly colored and beautiful. Love this project. I wouldn't want food on it either.

*mieke* said...

Wauw... I love this one...what a bunch of work but so beautyfull!!!
Love from Holland...Mieke

Linda said...

Wow what an adorable and beautiful creation!!!! Very talented lady!!

Cathy said...

WOW! Awesome project, Norma. What is more perfect than an Easter Parade in Spring? Each of your little maggie cuties are adorable.

Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Candy said...

Norma,
I am so proud of you I am bursting!!!
The work you have put into your project is unbelievable!
Beautiful colouring. Beautiful flowers and grass!
I can only imagine the time it took you to make this awesome train......
NO - don't put it on the table * big grin!
Hugs, Candy

Debbie Pamment said...

I just don't know WHAT to say Norma!!! WOW WOW WOW just isn't enough!!!! This is BEYOND any words I have - AMAZING PROJECT!!!!
xXx

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

DUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! O M G!!!!!!!!! Norma ***gasping**

I'm just gonna stand here and drool! Not kidding my eyes poped out of my eye ball! I need air omg! omg!

This is the cutest ever omg!!! Can't breathe lol!!! OK i'm leaving and i'm shaking.Thank you for the inspiration!
(((legs are shaking))) LOVE YOU !!I MEAN LOVE YOUR WORK NORMA LOL!Ruby♥

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

How adorable, and the cutest parade I've ever seen!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Norma! I don't know how I missed this on the blog hop today, but I was going through my blog roll and decided to visit you! Girl FRIEND! This is over the top stunning! Each little wagon is sheer perfection with it's own little Tilda (or Edwin) all colored to perfection and enhanced with beautiful embellies! I'm sucking the air out of the room with all my gasping and oooooh and awwwwwwing! Your project takes the proverbial "cake". Okay, I can't think of another thing to say about this stunning project! It's amazing, awesome, gorgeous and very creative....humble hugs...Barb

Teri said...

THUD.... you made the exact thing I did for the contest!!! NOT!! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!! I can not believe this absolutely gorgeous, fabulous, magnificant, adorable and any other adjectives to describe this piece of art!! You have completely blown me away!!! Gorgeous!! Darling, etc... etc.. etc....every one of them is perfect!!! Congratulations, this is beyond belief!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

LindaC said...

Well Norma, pick me up off the floor!! What an amazing project! This is absolutely brilliant! Great creativity, awesome coloring, wonderful design! You amaze me!

lrlee001 said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Sharon Caudle said...

*THUD*....that's the sound of me falling out of my chair!!!! OMG!! Norma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honey...I don't even know what to say! You are so talented, and so creative, and this project has just left me speechless! I can only imagine the hours of time you have put into this project. Amazing! Absolutely amazing!!!!
hugs, Sharon

Julie said...

This is absolutely fabulous Norma! I love this train. Such a wonderful idea!

Hugz,
Julie

Peggie said...

Such a lot of work but so well worth it. Great job.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Wowza Norma! A total fabulous labor of love--I have made a few of these and I know how much work goes into it all. You did each detail so beautifully and such a delightful way to display those Mag cuties! Brilliant!

hugz,
Suzanne

Brook said...

What an incredible idea! Love all of the details that you added, right down to the little chick running around Edwin's feet! Beautiful project...I don't blame you for wanting to keep it away from the food!

Card Crazy said...

Fantabulous!!!!
Sue S.

Beth said...

Oh my goodness, Norma, your Easter train is fantastic! Wowee! The work that you put into this is unbelievable! Awesome!

Cricket said...

Wow, Norma, this is amazing. I love it!

catz said...

omg...omg....omg......you have outdone yourself....AMAZING! Teresa

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Norma, I don't know how you do it woman....you are sooooo creative! I can never create the stuff you think of. Just in awe of your creations!

Diana Crick said...

Norma, Norma, Norma you have blown myself and my husband away. I am in awe and I want one!! This is absolutely brilliant, so much detail, everything so, so perfect. My jaw is still on the floor. WOW!
hugs, Diana

dj said...

Absolutely amazing creativity Norma. Your one talented lady!

Leona said...

Hi Norma,
Your creation is out of this world!!! Thanks for inspiring us with your talent and lovely projects.

hellerlittle said...

OMG ... Norma ~ you made me speechless... can´t find the right words for this faboulus ARTWORK !!!
It´s amazing, stunnig ...... and and and .... this is the sweetest little creation, each one is so precious.
I´m in love with it !!!

cu in blogland - hellerlittle

Harma said...

OMG Norma!!!
you have created something utterly amazing.This is the most stunning idea I ever have seen,I cant get over it that you made this amazing project.I want one like that.
hugs harma

Silvie Z said...

OMG Norma, this is outstanding! Love, love, love your project! You have put so much work in this! Love how you made the wheels and all the flowers added look gorgeous! Of course, all your Tildas and Edwin are adorable! Asolutely brilliant!
hugs,
Silvie
xx

Diane said...

This is an amazing project, Norma and it must have been such a marathon to create! It's fabulous!
Diane x

lindyloo said...

oh my word what a fantastic project all the work involved thank you for joining us at the creative cottage with such a work of art hugs linda x

Maria Therese said...

Wooooooooow this is stunning!!

Esme said...

Lost for words! That is amazing!! So unique!!

Esme x

Sarah said...

What an adorable train of Magnolias! Beautifully done!

downrightcrafty said...

Great idea so out of the box and AMAZING perfect for our anything goes challenge thank you for sharing your beautiful work with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

*Vicki* said...

Holy Moly!! This is totally amazing so very stunning!! I adore everything about it!! ;) Thanks for the blog hop fun!! Such a lovely creation!
Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week ~Sr. DT member

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

OOPS wrong comment box!I came to see your new creation.I see everyone is speechless on this one Norma lol!!

You got us going crazy lol!Ruby♥


p.s
3 more days eeek!!!

Gemma said...

lovely creation! Thanks for joining in this weeks Die Cuts challenge at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely!

Thanks for joining us on our "Anything but a card" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Donna said...

Incredibly sweet project and such fab spring colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at TCC this week :) Donna x

Marie-Anne said...

Wow what a great project.

Marie-Anne

Sharon said...

Oh wow Norma, this is just amazing. It must have taken you hours but it is absolutely fabulous.

Francesca said...

Gorgeous creation

Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Kim said...

Norma~ Oh my word am I in awe over this beautiful and stunning creation! I am speechless at how FANTASTIC this is!!! Stunning work hun!!! Thanks so much for blessing us with your presence at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow these are stunning, love them, well worth the work, lovely images colouring and details, thanks so much for joining into our chip board challenge at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz and the TT DT xx

Baukje said...

You never cease to amaze me Norma with all your fabulous ideas and all your attention to detail.
What a lot of work in this AMAZING, OUTSTANDING creation.
Hugs.........Baukje

Pam S. said...

oh my Norma! This is so far over the top I don't have words to rave about it! I need new words! How to say the cutest, cutest, sweetest, most darling Easter parade in the world! : )) Magnolia-precious for sure!
Pam Going Postal

NGCARDS said...

Stunning work hun xxx

Joanne Moses said...

May I just say, "WOW!" Your creativity knows no bounds. Great work, as always.

Nancy said...

I have never seen a more amazing papercrafting project! Ever! So beautiful and most amazing! Your coloring is beautifully done and all the details are very impressive! I'm so glad I found your blog.

Nicola said...

Incredible work, its truly beautiful and such an inspiration! You've blown me away with this, I cant believe all the work that's gone into it, I love it!!
Thanks for sharing
Love Nicola xxx

Theresa said...

Wow! I am speechless....my jaw is dropping to the ground. This is absolutely fantastic....a work of art....a work of the heart!!!Agree with Nancy....most amazing papercraft project! Lucky me for finding your blog.

Kelly said...

AMAZING!!!! Thanks for all the tips on how you put it together. FANTASTIC!!!

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Rose said...

Your project is beautiful and your images are exceptional! It was a pleasure to see your work.

couponsforzipcodes said...

Just came across your blog! it's fabulous! you have some great insight on your posts! what a fabulous post- i love all the pictures!

Susie Sugar said...

Wow this is stunning Norma darling so much work has gone into this fantastic creation
Thanks for joining us for the Totally Tilda chipboard challenge
Hugs Susie & the TT DT XX

Crafteezee said...

Oh My God pick my jaw up from the floor. This is totally stunning and must have taken you ages. Love every detail, those carts are just fabulous! Hugs Tracy x

Franca said...

I have never seen something like this before. Amazing, unbelievelable

Thank you

Franca

cebelica said...

So cute!!!

Lori aka Lo Lo said...

OMG...this is fab!!! Sooo cute!!!

xoxo,
Lori

Lena said...

Oh!!Darlin, this is absolutely fantastic. I'm stuning. Your hands are really magic.
You make so so beautiful things. I don't get tired of admiring them.
Hugs and much love.
Lena

Nela said...

What a great project!
Hugs Nela

Lorraine said...

OMG This is AMAZING

Martha said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is amazing!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...