Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday

Hello!

I've made a birthday card, but it can actually be used for any occasion. I've stuck the sentiment inside the card.

I'm using this card as my entry to 3 challenges:
Papertake Weekly Challenge -- Take Your Pick Colour Combi. It's very easy peasy and all you have to do is to create your card using a colour combi from the following - pink, black, white, yellow, green, grey and lilac You can use as many or as few of those colours as you want and of course, you can use your own preferred colours for skin tones and hair etc.

I've decided to use pink and green, but of a particular shade of each colour, because over at
Passion for Promarker Challenge, their colour challenge for Week 9 is rose pink & lime.

The 3rd challenge is Dutch Dare Card Challenge #56: Use cutting dies and/or punches.
I love punches. I've got punches coming out of my ears, LOL.

This is another one of my favorite Tilda (ahem...I guess I do say that about a lot of my Tildas, don't I? Well, they're ALL favorites. LOL. I love them all!!!) . This Tilda I think has the sweetest espression and just a touch of sadness or sorrow, as though to say I'm sorry. Well that's exactly the sentiment I want to express, because this is going to be a belated birthday card. Ouch!! I've been a bad girl. I keep putting it off. I just hope the recipient of this card feels it's better late than never.

I actually couldn't decide which colour to use for her dress and which for the scarf and which would look better. So I coloured both combinations. They both look okay to me. It was a coin toss. I put one Tilda on the front of the card and stuck the other one inside sitting on a present.


That's all folks. Have a wonderful day!


Stamps: Magnolia #310 Waiting Tilda, Imaginisce Snag 'Em Stamps Present, MSE! M126 Birthday Circles.
DP's: Basic GreyBasic Grey Archangel, Momenta A Family Affair Relations.
Tools: EK Success Retro Flower punches (large & medium), EK Success Photo Corner Curved punch, Martha Stewart border punch, Marvy Uchida Scallop Circle punch, Colluzel circle template.

33 comments:

Gina said...

Wow gorgeous card, fab colouring :)
Thanks for joining in at PFP this week :)
Gina xxx

Katie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!
Fabulous color combo and wonderful coloring.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a darling card! And I think you're right about her expression.......she does seem to be a bit sad & melancholy. But still precious!
Huggies ~
Sharron

Barb Hardeman said...

Okay, stop!! You're killing me! I just got that image and haven't had a chance to 'play' with her yet. This is gorgeous, and I love how you switched up the colour combo on the inside. Wonderful job...

Nancy said...

Love Love Love your card Norma!!!! How very cute. I love everything about your card it is a wonderful birthday card and your friend will love it.
Hugs,
Nancy

Ida / Little said...

Wow this is beautiful Norma! :) Lovely coloring and such pretty decorations, love that you have used a Tilda on the inside to :) Thanks so much for joining us at PfP this week :)

Hugs Ida

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma, Your card is so cute, I love your colors that you used.I hope that one day I can post my own card.
Linda

Natalie said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card Norma. I love your colouring and the pink & green is a fab combo. Love the layout too!

lil-paper-pixie said...

Stunning card Norma, I love everything about it, Thanks for playing along at PFP.

Hugs

Sarah

Kellie said...

WOW Norma as always your cards are like eye candy! I just love this one! The colours, and the stamp I would had never thought to use for a birthday card, but it works so well! Love it, fantastic work on getting more than one challenge on the card :) xx.

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Norma, what a gorgeous card. I love the two Tilda's coloured in opposite colours, very striking. The papers and embellishments are stunning. Love what you've done with the large flower. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sheri said...

Truly beautiful!

Danielle said...

wow Norma, this card is gorgeous! Tilda in these colours is really beautiful and I love your layout and all those punched corners! Very beautiful colouring too!
Hugs, Danielle

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
Your card is beautiful!! Great work to get three sketches in one card.......
Hugs, Candy

mynewblog said...

This is so adorable!! It's one of my favorite Tilda's also. I have yet to make a card with it. Your colour combo and design are just superb!

cabio's craft corner said...

Funny we both used the same color combo on our card with different challenges for the same date to post?!
Love this Tilda and a little distressed/vintage touch. It'll be a sweet card to give on a birthday!
Hugs,
Cabio

Cami said...

Very cute card, Norma, and I love both color combos, the DP you used, and your flowers! Cami

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness! This is GORGEOUS!! I love all the details you added and your layout! The colors you used are awesome, and the flowers!! I guess I just love it all. :)

Lauren said...

Adorable! Love the colors and the layout!

Lauren

Denise said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors & that sweet Tilda image.

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Norma. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Wiccababe said...

beautiful card Norma, love how you've done the inside too
thanks for joining us on PfP this week and good luck
Debbi
xx

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness..this card is just simply stunning. Can you get any better at doing these cards. wow. The inside is just done to perfection! Thank-you so much for inspiring me!
I love this little Tilda..actually I have to say I love them all!
Christine

Carolyn said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog. I'm really glad I found your blog. Your cards are stunning. I absolutely love how you finished the inside of your cards. I haven't been able to push myself that far yet. You are sure inspiring me. Fabulous work.

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card!! Love the colours you used!

Caryn said...

I'm sure they will think it was well worth the wait, it's a totally beautiful card and I agree, she's a gorgeous stamp. Thanks so much for sharing this week at PFP.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

Another WOW card Norma - I just love your colour combo - so fresh and fun! And the layout is as always AMAZING...
xXx

Suzanne said...

This is a stunning card and great colouring thank you for joining us at PFP this week. Sue :o)

Bec said...

OMG.. All your cards are just so amazing and stunning.. I love the colour combo and the layout.. Bec xx

Sam said...

wonderful card. I love how you have decorated the inside, especially with the reversed colours on Tilda.
Sam x

Carolyn said...

Norma this card is gorgeous. I love the colors you chose. I haven't been to my dashboard for a few days, so I have to catch up on your cards. Stunning.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Marion (Australia) said...

Hi Norma!
this is the first time I have been on your blog. I am so impressed with your cards. they are all so beautiful. Your colouring is perfect even with a close up look. Thank you for sharing your lovely cards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...