Friday, February 25, 2011

Christmas in February

Hello and Happy February 25th.
Yes, it's time for my February Christmas card for the Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop--thanks to Julie for organizing it. Our group is part of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group--thanks to Deb, the owner. A group within a group, dedicated to producing Christmas cards on every 25th of each month to ease the mad rush to get everything done around Christmas time...LOL.

A list of the participants and the start of the blog hop can be found at the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog. If you're taking part in the blog hop and have come here from Nadyne's blog, then you're in the right place. The next blog to visit after me is Peggie's.

So this is my February Christmas card.

I didn’t know what I was thinking when I started this. I just chose a Tilda image that I wanted to colour and started colouring her in whatever colours I felt like it at the time. This is not the way to do it—at least not for me!!! I had the hardest time determining the colour scheme for the rest of the card and the DP’s to match. Much, much, much easier to pick out your papers first and then pick out your colours from them. But I knew that, you know…. like I said, I didn’t know what I was thinking!!! LOL. And that’s why I ended up with this non-traditional Christmas colours.

For the card, I used this Skecth # 103 from Inspirational Card Sketches, designed by Stacy. An added/optional challenge is to make it an easel card...woo hoo my fave!

Other challenges:

Top Tip Tuesday - Bling it on challenge

Creative Inspirations - Challenge 100 - Stripes!
Paper Play Challenges - Week 8 - Let's Get Sentimental

Fussy and Fancy Friday - Week 31 - Embossing and/or Paper Piecing

This is Tilda in Winter Light from Magnolia's A Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010. She is available from Diana's online store Magnolia-licious.

I have lots of glitter on this card: all the snowflakes, TIlda's white fur trimming, lantern and to outline the label die cuts. LOL...I have lots of glitter all over my craft room table and floor too.

I can only found one DP in my stash that would work for this card, the striped one. The other one, I took a plain coloured paper and just stamped some flourishes/swirls on it. For the embossed one, I took one of those card stock sheet that is surfaced-coloured only, You know, it’s coloured on the front and back, but the middle is still white. I embossed it using a snowflake embossing folder. Then by rubbing a piece of sand paper all over, took some of the colour off so that bits of the white shows through.


Here's a view of the entire easel card.


Other than the recipe for this card, not much more to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit very much. Enjoy your weekend!

Okay, from here, please go say hello to Peggie.

Stamps: Tilda in Winter Light, Inkadinkadoo clear stamp set Sketchy Flourishes.

DP: Keeping Memories Alive Simple Expressions Lavender Stripe.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten, EK Success border punch, Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Snowflake embossing folder, Magnolia doohickey die Swirl, Martha Stewart Snowflake punches large and medium, Marvy Uchida Snowflake punch small.

Misc.: Jewel Glitter Ritz micro-fine glitter Lilac Pink and Cool Highlights, Martha Stewart Crystal fine glitter, Tim Holtz distress ink pad Walnut Stain, Rhinestone/bling stickers and pearls from my stash.

51 comments:

Teri said...

Oh Norma, this is just beautiful!! I love non-traditional colors for Christmas cards and these are gorgeous... wintery and Christmassey all at once!! Love the Tilda, she's so adorable!!
Hugs,
Teri

Cordine said...

She's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello NOrma, I love non traditional colors for Christmas cards, and yours is just perfect! these purple shades are so rich. Love the embossed background behind Tilda and all the wonderful swirls and snow flakes.
Gorgeous - Hugs. Danielle.

charlene said...

Norma I love the colors of this card...so glad it worked for you I usually do it that way most of the time
Awesome job as always
Hugs

Peggie said...

Pretty, pretty card. Love the purples. Tilda looks good in this color.

Debs M said...

gorgeous card, love the colours you used and that punch is lovely x

dolcreations said...

Norma I just love your non-traditional Christmas card colours! I love how you embossed those gorgeous snowflakes! Beautiful as always Norma...

Kathy said...

Wow Norma, I love the coordinating papers you selected to go with your coloring, they work so well. Beautifully colored and embellished. Love it!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Darling easel card, Norma! Love it!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Lamanuelle said...

C'est magnifique et février c'est l'hiver après tout!! Bises. Nadine

Helga said...

heel erg mooi
gr. helga

Patti Jo said...

Awesome job no matter if you start with the Tilda first or the papers! You always make it come together beautifully! Love your snowflake arrangements with the swirls! Gorgeous card Norma!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely Winter/Christmas card Norma! So many wonderful details! Love your Tilda!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

Hello Norma, another lovely card and this time for Christmas, and in my opinion Christmas cards can go the entire year long! This one is extremely pretty! HUgs, Frea

Jean said...

Norma, this is so very beautiful.. Love the colors of pp and the nesties, the flowers, all the accessories, Love the Tilda you used and your coloring of her.. and love the fact that this is an easel card.. that makes it
even better! I love the sketch u used for the card.. Just a perfect card...
Hugs, Jean

Cassy said...

How pretty! The colors you used came together beautifully! I love how you embossed the snowflakes behind Tilda!
:o)
Cassy

Robin said...

Gorgeous card!! I LOVE the colours that you've used and all the little details on the easel card.

Julie said...

Norma - Your card is gorgeous! I love the shade of purple you used. It is so soft and lovely. Your embellishments are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining the blog hop this month!

Julie

Candy said...

Another fabulous creation Norma.
Great paper you made to match your non traditional colours. LOVE THEM by the way.
I too have to pick out my papers first!!!
Love your punched edge - so pretty.
Wonderful job :o)
Hugs, Candy

Iulia said...

Oh, what a lovely card, Norma! I've missed these Christmas stamps! This one is one of my favorite! Love the colors, the papers and your gorgeous coloring! Just beautiful
Hugs, Iulia

Muckyfingers said...

I love Christmas cards at the wrong time of the year and it's a great way to keep ahead of the December rush :)
Thanks for playing along with us at Paperplay this week :)
Annette xXx

Linda Palmer said...

I love your colors for a Christmas card. Love the unconventional colors. Great coloring and love the dp. Beautiful card.

Kelly said...

Your card is very snowy and your color choices enhance it. I buy my card stock and then forget what I was going to do with it and then I cannot seem to find anything that coordinates. It keeps my brain juices flowing

I really like your card and the embossing with the distressed white showing through is so wintery and very pretty. Alot of nice elements.

Rene said...

Super pretty (as always!)!!!
Rene :D

Pat said...

Hi Norma...another stunning creation, m'dear!! I love the non-traditional colors for this Christmas Card. If I were smart - and organized - I'd start working on my holiday cards now too!!! Thanks for the great inspiration! Have a fun weekend sweetie!
Pat Frank

LINDA W. said...

HI Norma...another beautiful
card I love your color choices
and as always beautiful coloring.
Hugs Linda

LindaC said...

Norma, This is a really pretty card, and the unusual color choice makes it even more awesome. Only you could pull this off so well!
I love all the elements of your card! Great coloring as always! LC

Janine - Ellabella said...

What a precious card! I always love how you mix & match your papers and colors, such a personal touch.Janine

Cami said...

Lovely Christmas card in non-traditional colors and it exudes warmth. Love the embossed background mat piece and al the snowflakes and flourishes. So very pretty!
Hugs, Cami

Christel Webb said...

Nice - I love those colours. I think any colour does it for a christmas card, it doesn’t always have to be red ’n green.

Christel

Monique said...

Beautifull card Norma !! I love the colours you used and I love easel cards :)).

Hugs Monique

Katy said...

Wow Norma this is beautiful! Thanks for joining in with our challenge of Stripes at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog!
By entering the challenge you can enter my blog candy, just leave me a comment at:
http://katybooscards.blogspot.com/2011/02/tilda-with-small-giftand-some-sweet.html
Hugs. Katy. xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Norma. Perfect for winter. Love your papers and colors. Fabulous design! hugs, Angela

Barb Hardeman said...

Stunning card Norma! Your embossed panels are fantastic and of course Tilda with Lantern is impeccably colored. Love the soft colors and the shower of snowflakes...beautiful work...hugs...Barb

Sandy said...

Hey Norma! Well this card might have been hard to put together but it sure did turn out a winner! I love the colors and the background paper. Nice design and I love the swirls and snow flakes.
Hugs
Sandy

Nicola said...

Wow a truly amazing card. Love the image and colouring. Many thanks for taking the time to share with us at ICS. Nicola xx

Caroljenks said...

What a gorgeous card - the colours are fab and I LOVE that paper.

Thanks for joining in with our 'Bling it On' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Debbie Pamment said...

Hi Norma - apologies for not visiting for sooooo long - am trying my bestest to catch up on all of your GORGEOUS work! And as always you just blow me away with your amazing work!
xXx

Aunty Sue said...

How cute and stunning is this thanks for playing along with Creative inspirations this week and hope to see you next week

Mona Evy said...

Beautiful card with stunning colouring. Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday’s Creative Inspirations Challenge!!

Anonymous said...

What a Beauty! awesome card! I love it! love making Christmas cards and love your colours and bling! Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this week, hugs Samantha :0)

Eiglas said...

Oh Norma! What a beautifully coloured image and card! I just love it!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at Top Tip Tuesday!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Bernadet said...

such a great card, your coloring is so gorgeous

Rachael said...

wow this card is beautiful i love the layout and the image looks brill. thanks for joining in over at creative inspirations and my candy :) rach xx

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

It's beautiful, Norma! I love this Tilda! Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy this time! Lisa

cabio's craft corner said...

Another gorgeous Tilda card Norma. Beautiful textures with those snowflakes and I love your sending technique. It looks very pretty :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Norma, so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play for our "Lets get sentimental" challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, thank you for your lovely comment in my blog. I love your works and this card is gorgeous. I love all: the embossing, the colouration of the Tilda.
Francy

Sandy Ang said...

This is so wonderful ! Thanks for the inspiration.

TRACEY O said...

What a beautiful card. I love the colour combo.

SusanLotus said...

Your February Christmas card is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...