I am participating in a blog hop...woo-hoo. The Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog DT are joining the Magnolia-licious Highlites DT in their Summer Bash Blog Hop. Details on how to play and win the fabulous prizes can be found at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog HERE.
We were asked to create a summertime card/project with one of the following themes:
Beach Bash, Summer Barbecues/Picnics or Fishing Fun!
I went with the picnic theme and this is my Lazy Summer Day Picnic card. I call this type of card a 3-easel card.
Now, the story behind this card is the Tilda gang have decided to go on a picnic on a lazy summer day and everybody assumed that somebody else will bring the picnic blanket/quilt. Of course nobody did...LOL...so they are having their picnic sitting on the grass underneath the old oak tree.
I think I went a bit too ambitious using all these Magnolia images...LOL. All the images/stamps I used here are available for your purchase at Magnolia-licious on-line store.
- Relaxing Tilda from the Magnolia and Lilac Collection 2008
I've dotted the paper with glue and sprinkled green flocking to make it look like grass. I hardly ever work with flocking, but I thought this might work.
I've altered a couple of Magnolia images here:
- Tilda with Spring Bundle from the Hoppy Easter Collection 2010 -- I replaced the spring flower bundle with a bottle of wine.
- Vintage Tilda from the Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010 -- I replaced the Christmas tree ornament with a watermelon.
- Log from the Autumn and Halloween Collection 2008
- Tilda on Elbows from the Easter & Spring Collection 2007
- Sweetie Tilda from the Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011
- Old Oak Tree from the Summer and Sea Collection 2008
I've altered a couple more images...LOL...can you tell I love doing this!...hee hee.
- Wilma With Rose from the Raising the Ceiling & Right Through My Heart Collection 2010 -- Wilma had to let go of the rose in her mouth because she managed to grab some sausages from someone's picnic.
- Gingerbread Tilda from the Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010 -- I replaced the gingerbread hearts with a couple of baguettes.
If you are taking part in the blog hop, then you probably came here from Patti Jo's blog, so you are in the right track. If you haven't been following, then you may want to start at the beginning.
Here is the order of the blog hop participants:
Norma (you are here!)
For you blog-hoppers, you know that you are to collect a letter from each of the participants, so
my letter is: s
Now please hop to the next blog, of the amazingly talented Pat, to see more inspiration and collect another letter! Woo-hoo, she's the last on the list!!!
When you are finished collecting the letters you will put them together to create a 3-word sentence. Find contest details at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Blog HERE! Thanks for joining us!
I am also going to use this project as my entry into the following challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Challenge 14 - Fun in the Sun
Magnolia Down Under - Challenge #105 - Make a Scene
Crafts and Me - Challenge 43 - Summertime
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Week 41 - Summer
Polka Doodles - Week 28 - Long Hot Summer
Allsorts Challenge - Week 111 - Free and Easy July
Magnolia Stamp Lovers - Summer Colours
Thanks for taking the time to drop by. As always, your visit is very much appreciated. Have a wonderful week.
PS. Sorry I have no list of materials, tools and marker colours used on this project. I was in a marathon trying to finish this in time--couldn't be bothered to jot anything down.