Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fall is in the air

Happy Tuesday!

Oh I can't believe it's the nearing the end of October already. Where did the month go!? Anyway, it's the 4th Tuesday of the month, so it's a new inspiration challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and here's my inspiration card.



And this is our inspirational photo chosen by Candy, our hostess for October. Don't you just love it? This picture speaks to me of 'Autumn' and I love those glorious warm autumn colours.



My card is a front-panel side step card. I think this is probably my second favorite type of card next to the easel card.



Here's a close-up of the altered Magnolia image that I've coloured with my coloured pencils. This is Tilda on the Loose from the Bon Voyage Collection 2010. In the original image, Tilda is carrying a suitcase, probably hurrying to catch a plane and that's why she's holding on to her hat. I thought this would be the perfect Tilda image for a windy autumn day.



The background image of leaves blowing in the wind is called Fall Background from the Autumn and Halloween Collection 2008.


Now if you know me, it's just not in me to leave the inside of a card alone...LOL.



I went searching for a poem on fall/autumn on the internet and found this one that I've put on the top inside section of the card:

"Come said the wind to the leaves one day,
Come o're the meadows and we will play.
Put on your dresses scarlet and gold,
For summer is gone and the days grow cold."
(A Children's Song of the 1880's)


In keeping with the 'fall is in the air' theme, for the bottom inside section, I've used this adorable Tilda. She is called Bubbling Tilda from the Fairytale Collection 2010. Tilda is playing the roll of the Autumn Fairy blowing bubbles of colours to paint the world in shades of autumn.

All the Magnolia images I have used here are available at Diana's online store Magnolia-licious. Diana has a fabulous selection of the Magnolia images, the full-size and the mini versions. Check them out HERE--the images from the newest Sweet Christmas Dreams Collections 2011 are just too adorable!!!

I hope you will join us in our inspiration challenge. There's is a prize of a $25.00 Gift Certificate for a shopping spree at Magnolia-licious--you can use it to buy these images...LOL. And to further inspire you, have a look at fabulous cards and projects that the other DT gals have created HERE!



And for me, here are a few challenges that I am entering with this card:
Dutch Dare Card Challenge - DDCC #135 - photo inspiration (they have an autumn-theme photo also)
Totally Tilda - Challenge #34 - Autumn leaves
Flutter By Wednesday - Challenge #176 - Open
Magnolia Down Under - Challenge #119 – Get Punchy
Emerald Fairie Garden Challenge #11 – Flowers, flowers, flowers
Scrap & More - October Challenge - Autumn



That's it for now. Thanks so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your visit. Have wonderful and productive week. Better get working on those Christmas card. Only 2 months from today...yikes.



Materials and Tools Used:

DPs: Chatterbox Small Great Plaid; Recollections Fall Leaves

Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Five, Marianne Design Creatables Leaves

Punches: Punch Bunch Daisy medium and small; EK Success Leaf and butterfly: McGill Baby Bloomsand Pine; Martha Stewart Rose Leaf and Pine.

Miscellaneous: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp Pad Tea Dye; Recollections Autumn pearls.

Medium: Coloured Pencils - Faber-Castell Polychromos, Derwent Coloursofts and Prismacolour Premiers








38 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Oh hun, this is just fabulous! Love the style of card and Tilda is looking mighty fine, inside and out. Your colourwork is superb. Simply brilliant. Hugs Sxx

cabio's craft corner said...

I really feel that I almost can see the autumn leaves falling and the wind blows on Tilda's face. Love the beautiful coloring on both Tildas. Very sweet card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sue said...

Stunning card Norma,love every thing about it.
Sue x

Cheryl said...

Nobody, but nobody, colors the folds of a dress like you do Norma!! I always strive to get them right, but never succeed! Just love this card!

Loz said...

omgosh Norma! I haven't been on blogger much lately and have just been looking at all your work! I have to say your colouring with pencils is incredible! The shading and folds in the clothing look amazing!!
I love this card, the shape, colours,and flowers are perfect xx

Isa said...

So beautiful :)

Miranda said...

What a lovely card, i love it, really nice colours.

Anonymous said...

This is a masterpiece, Norma! What beautiful coloring on these images - love the folds! I love the flowers embellishing the sides of your card. So beautiful - I could stare at it all day! hugs, Angela

Teri said...

Oh my gosh, Norma!!!! This is absolutely fabulous!!!!! Your coloring is soooo beautiful!!! I love that you work in pencil!! Everything about the card is top notch.... just gorgeous!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh Norma, what a gorgeous creation!!! I love the rich fall colors, your amazing coloring, everything! Absolutely fantastic!!!
hugs, Sharon

Chrissy said...

Stunning Norma...I love your beautiful colouring, the card shape and then thr wonderful surprise on the inside, just gorgeous.
You could enter this at 'Make it Monday' so everyone can see it...too beautiful not to share and never too late to enter cards at MIM....

Luv CHRISSYxx

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Lisette Morris said...

Stunning!! I can't stop looking at it! Just gorgeous!

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is beautiful, love your altering of Tilda and gorgeous colouring, love the inside too,thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz xx

Henny said...

What a beautiful card Norma. Fantastic colours and flowers. Super!

Greerings Henny.

Cami said...

Gorgeous autumn card, Norma! You can almost "feel" the wind blowing and see all the pretty colors of autumn. Love your card inside and out! Beautiful coloring as always and I still love this style card.
Hugs, Cami

Candy said...

Norma!
What a gorgeous card!!
I love both the Tilda's you have used, they are perfect for your 'fall' card even though they are from other collections - that's the great thing about Maggies isn't it??
Your coloured pencil work is amazing. I can't get over the folds in Tilda's dress and the skin :o)
Beautiful work as always!
Hugs, Candy

Peggie said...

Love how you removed Tilda's suitcase. I love fall cards and this is one classy fall card.

Pam Sparks said...

Charming and delightful alteration Norma! Beautiful coloring and designing.. I'm with you on this type of card! love it!

Christina C. said...

This is totally exquisite, Norma!!! Beautiful job, as always!

Card Crazy said...

Lovely, lovely card, Norma. And a beautiful take on the inspiration photo.
Sue S.

Rene said...

You had me at plaid! LOL! LOVE it...just gorgeous..my favorite season, my favorite colors, my favorite pattern! Marvelous!!!
Rene :D

Julie said...

FAbulous card, Norma! Great autumn colours and such a great design!! JUliexx

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma, don't tell me Tilda blew away October... It just went tooo fast. Your card is stunning. I love Miss Tilda holding her hat, your coloring is just beautiful and mise en scène fabulous inside out. Totally awesome. it has blown me away!!!!!!!! LOL. I had to pick myself up!!!
Have a nice day..

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! I love the fall colors you chose. Tilda's dress look amazing.

Karen

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Norma! I just knew that your card would be stunning! The very first time I ever saw a card done like this was one you did and I copied down all the dimensions. I still have them in my drawer! Your coloring is, well, so beautiful, so beautifully dimensional! The fall colors are so pretty and the finishing touches on the inside are fabulous! All flowers and leaves are beautifully placed and I love that dp! Am I gushing yet?? Your work always blows me away!!
Hugs,
Barb

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Woow your card is really beautiful, love the flower arrangements the inside just everything! Bye Mascha

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card inside and out, you've done a fabulous job Norma, love those flowers
Hugs Julie P

Monique said...

What a beautifull card Norma ! I love all of it. Wonderfull papers, cute images and I love how you decorated the inside, outside, what should I call it :)).

Hugs Monique

Elle said...

Fabulous job following the inspiration photo. I love the flower sprays.

Unknown said...

Wow this card is stunning. I love the front and the inside.
Gorgeous colours and papers.
Francy

Becky said...

hi norma, this is a beautiful card, i love her.

hugs, becky

Dina said...

wauh what a gorgeos card amazing thanks for joining us at scrap&more

sara said...

beautiful card love the colours and those gorgeous flowers thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week
hugs sara x

Mommy Name Labels said...

What a beautiful card. Love all the fall colors!

Christine said...

Sweet Tilda Autumn/Leaves creation gorgeous colouring great take on the chall theme.

thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda chall this time.

smiles Christine TT DT & girlies x

Pat said...

Hi Norma...I love this card! And modifying Tilda is brilliant! I love the leaves in the background! Gorgeous coloring...and fabulous card style too!! Hugs. Pat Frank

Jackie said...

Stunning card, and so beautifully coloured.Thank you for playing along with us at Totally Tilda this time, good luck Jackie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...