Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Angel Tilda in Blue - Magnolia-licious Challenge

Hello!

This has got to be one of the fastest card I've made. LOL...I mistook the date of our challenge and thought I had another week to create my DT card. Instead there I was Sunday night scrambling in making this one. I looked over the cards I made last year and chose one of them and pretty well went with a similar design/layout, using different papers and image.


Oh yes, this is for the new colour challenge at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog, seeing that this is a new month and it's the 2nd Tuesday of the month. Pat is our hostess for November. For the colour challenge, she has chosen the colours: blue and silver.



So, my card is this shaped easel card. This cute little angel is Halo Tilda and she is from the Sweet Christmas Dreams Collection 2011. Check out this collection at Diana's on-line store Magnolia-licious. Diana has a fabulous selection of anything and everything Magnolia (stamps--regular size and mini version, doohickey cutting dies, magazines,... discount and store credit too).



I hope you will join us in our colour challenge. There's is a prize of a $25.00 Gift Certificate for a shopping spree at the Magnolia-licious store. And to help in inspiring you, have a look at the fabulous cards and projects that the other DT teamates have created HERE!


As for me, a few challenges that I am entering with this card:
Charisma Cardz - Challenge 44 – Cutesy
Polka Doodles - Week 44 – A Shaped Card
Allsorts Challenge – Week 128 – Anything But a Square
Craftyhazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - Challenge 45 – Bright Colours and/or Sparkle
ABC DT Challenge for November – Christmas Card
Magnolia Stamp Lover Challenge – Christmas


That's it for me for now! Thanks so much for stopping by. Appreciate your visit and your lovely comments. Have a wonderful week.



Tools and Materials Used:

Sentiment stamp: Rubber stamp set "Snowflakes"--I don't know the make although I think it's Inkadinkadoo

DP: Provo Craft Stone Washed Denim-Suede

Dies: Nellie Snellen Multi-Fram Dies, Marianne Design Creatables

Punches: EK Success star; Fiskars 3-in-2 corner punch Celestial and star hand-punch

Miscellaneous: Pearls from my stash; Jewels Glitter Ritz micro-fine silver glitter; Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter

Medium: Alcohol-ink based markers--Letraset Promarkers and Pantone Trias, Shin-han Touch markers







42 comments:

Bribrie said...

c'est doux et trés enchanteur ! Bravoooo

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

Such a pretty card.
Hugs Miranda

Chrissy said...

Beautiful shaped card Norma...love the dark blue and silver...gorgeous..Tilda looks beautiful...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Esther said...

wow what a beautifull cards you are making, you gave me inspiration and I love you center step cards. The way you make them I really love.

Greetings Esther
http://cardsbyesther.blogspot.com

Loz said...

so simple but so gorgeous! I love those die cuts xx

Unknown said...

another stunning card. I love the shaped that you used and every details.
Francy

Christina C. said...

What a gorgeous easel card...love the shape and the marvelous die cuts!
Tilda, of course, is colored to perfection. Always a pleasure to visit your blog!

Karen said...

Wow! Beautiful cards. The blue and silver together are stunning.

Karen

Monique said...

Gorgeous card.

Hugs Monique

Hazel said...

Totally gorgeous card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 45 - hope to see you again soon. x

Anonymous said...

Well, for a fast card it sure is beautiful, Norma. I love this shape for an easel card and the layout using the various dies! Beautiful coloring on your image as always. Have a great day! hugs, Angela

Patricia Chalas said...

very cute card norma!

PinksyDoodles said...

This is a beautiful card Norma, I love the design.
Thank you for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
Clare x

cabio's craft corner said...

Precious looking easel card. I love the way you spread out the pretty shiny stars around and it looks gorgeous :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Sharon said...

Beautifully coloured and a very pretty card. Thanks for playing along at Polka Doodles.x

lis-m said...

This is a stunner , and your colouring is fab !
Thanks for joining us over @ Polkadoodles this week . Good luck !
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Norma, You've made the perfect Christmas card for me, I love blue for Christmas. Beautifully coloured, just lovely
Hugs Julie P

Gerda said...

WOW!!!! I love it. I love the clean look and your coloring and layout are stunning, as always!!!

Views From My Scraproom... said...

Norma, your card looks fantastic! Great coloring especially on the folds of her dress. I love your card!
Hugs,
Carolyn

Pam said...

This is a beautiful card Norma!!!!I love the shape of this easel card and the gorgeous colors you chose to use.
Hugs..Pam:)

Unknown said...

Wow what a stunning card!!!!! The design and the color is really magical!!!!! Excellent work!!!!!

Pen to Paper said...

Oh my goodness!! I love this! It is absolutely adorable Norma! Great job!

Hugs,

Jackie

Candy said...

Norma,
I love the shape of this card!
Remember last Christmas?
Your work is as beautiful as it always is!!
Hugs, Candy

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, Your card is gorgeous!!I love all the layers!! You have colored Tilda so beautifully. I wish I would of gotten this image...So many cute images in the new collection!! Thank you for the inspiration!!
Hugs,
Suzan

Diana Crick said...

Norma, she is an absolute delight, beautifully coloured and love how you have showcased her in the pretty frame.
hugs, Diana

H said...

Gorgeous Card Norma your coloring is always so perfect.
Hugs Harma

Barb Hardeman said...

Another beautiful creations Norma! Your shaped cards are always so elegant and the color combo for this challenge works beautifully with both the image and the paper you have chosen. Love the sweet Tilda who is so beautifully colored! Wonderful work as always...Hugs...Barb

Karen said...

Very pretty! Love your coloring! : )

Pat said...

Yep...I was scrambling around with you, Norma! hahaha! I must say...you have now proven that you not only create beauty when you have all the time in the world, you also create little masterpieces when you're under pressues!!! Gorgeous card...love your coloring...the folds are beautiful! Hugs. Pat Frank

Jill said...

Gorgeous card and such lovely colourcombo
fantastic colouring
Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week for my anything but a square challenge. Good luck in the draw and I hope to see you again!
Hugs, Jill

Cami said...

Oh Norma, this is a beautiful shaped easel card. You have colored Tilda beautifully and I like how you put her on the circle frame. What can you not do? Even under pressure your creativity prevails!
Hugs, Cami

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Dear Norma!
So,so cute. I love this shape and how you have layered it. The stars give it that extra 'Magical' touch.
I love the blue color of Tilda's gown.
Super as always.
Hugs Maz

Vee said...

This is fabulous card, and a lovely cute image Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Elle said...

This is beautiful! I LOVE the design and the cut out of your round paper. So pretty.

Tip Top said...

Such a great shape! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Peggie said...

Fabulous card. Love our coloring. Tilda looks like she is floating in the stars.

Mummylade said...

This is such a sweet creation. Thank you so much for participating in our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Jean said...

Norma, this is such a beautiful card. Love your colors and the blue and silver is so beautiful.. adore the easel shaped card.. Always love your different type cards they are so gorgeous as this one is..
Hugs, Jean

Meg Farris said...

I love the design of this card! Thanks for joining the MSL Challenge!

Rene said...

I love love LOVE blue Christmas cards! They are so lovely and this is truly exquisite!
Rene ;D

Jenni said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz challenges this week.
Jenni x

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable Christmas card!! Love the fun easel shape. Thank you so much for playing along with this months Christmas Challenge over at ABC DT Challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...