Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year, Everyone! & Magnolia-licious Highlites January Challenge

Hello and Happy New Year, everyone!

We didn't have a white Christmas, but we had a heavy snowfall a few days before that turned everything white.  It is also brought the traffic in our city to a crawl.  I was walking along our Broadway avenue and I was passing the cars and express buses...LOL.

Anyway, for our first challenge of the 2013 year at the Magnolia-licious Highlites Challenge Blog--the theme is Anything Goes--I've created this card with a much a prettier scene...


I love the shape of this card.  I used my new Go Kreate dies--a Christmas present to myself...LOL.  I've also made this into an easel card.  Views from different angles here...


  
I am featuring this cute image of Tilda in the Woods from Magnolia's A Christmas Story Collection 2012.  The stamp for this image and other Magnolia stamps--full-size and minis--are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store.  If you don't see the stamp that you are looking for, ask Diana if she can bring it in for you. Have a look there also at the selection of cutting dies from Magnolia, Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Marianne Design and Cheery Lynn Designs.  Diana offers discounted prices, excellent service and you get to earn 2% in-store credit with every purchase--sweet!


I hope you'll be able to play along with us in our first challenge of the year.  The  theme can't be any easier than that!  Don't forget to hop over the the Magnolia-licious Highlites blog for more details on the challenge and to check out what my DT teammates have created HERE.

Challenges for this card:
Magnolia Down Under Challenge #178 - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #46 - Blue Christmas/Winter (oops, I thought they wanted simply Winter, but they meant Blue Winter.  Oh well.)
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 164 - New! (using my new Go Kreate dies)
Charisma Cardz Challenge #51 - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp! Challenge - Anything Goes
I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge 148 - Anything But Square
Crafts and Me Bumper Christmas Challenge #115 - Winter Wonderland
Dutch Magnolia Chickies Challenge #36 - Anything Goes

And a bit of exciting news here...at least for me! LOL.  I am a new member of the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge Design Team.  Woo-hoo...  So delighted and honoured to have been asked to join the talented ladies there.

And on another note, I just want to thank everyone who visits me and especially those that leave me such sweet and supportive comments here on my blog.  They always put a smile on my face and I'm so thankful for you who take the time to do that.  I appreciate each and everyone of you more than you can know!!
Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!

 
Materials Used:
Sentiment Stamp:  Inkadinkado 'Winter Wonderland'
Cardstocks:  American Crafts white; Recollections white
Dies:  Go Kreate XXL Frames Frilly #10; Marianne Design Christmas Tree LR0136; Tim Holtz Festive Greenery; Memory Box Deer Trio and Country Landscape; Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Circles, Venetian Motifs and Petite Ovals
Miscellaneous:  Recollections pearls
Medium:  Letraset Promarkers and Pantone Trias (-T)
- face--blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair-- raw sienna, mustard, pastel yellow, buttercup
- gloves and boots--umber, burnt sienna, caramel, sandstone
- pants and ax handle--umber, cinnamon, tan
- ax blade--cool greys 1-T to 4-T, warm grey 5-T
- hood and top--pine, forest green, leaf green
- tassle--1797-T, 1788-T, 178-T 169-T

48 comments:

Céline said...

Hi Norma,
i wish you the best for this new year!!!
as usual your card is amazing, the trees looks so real !
i love it
hugs
céline

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Norma this is stunning hun, love it!! the design and your colouring is awesome, thanks for sharing with us at ATSC, hugs Liz xx

Anonymous said...

Superschöne Karten, eine Freude Deinen
Blog anzusehen !!
Ein fröhliches neue Jahr wünscht Ingrid

Unknown said...

Happy new year to you!!!

HUGS...NI

Inky Angel said...

Happy New Year Norma! This card is simply stunning. It must have taken you ages to make. Beautiful white on white winter scene, so peaceful.
I had to take my hubby to VGH for an appointment on that snowy day, I spent 4 hours driving that day, what a nightmere it was.
Wish you all the best and another successful crafty year!
Hugs,
Katie

Sinikka said...

A happy creative 2013.

Wow this looks great. So beautiful with only Tilda in color.
Like it a lot
Hugs Sinikka

Christina C. said...

OMG.....trying to catch my breath!!!!
This is an amazing work of art, Norma....love, love, love it!!!!!
This is the most magnificent scenery card I have ever seen...love the gorgeous shape and all the fabulous die cuts. Tilda is colored to perfection....breathtaking!!!!! Love the vibrant colors you used on Tilda against the white background....brilliant!!!!!
Looking forward to your creations in the new year!

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous as always!
Best wishes for you and your family!
Hugs
Cordine

Lorraine said...

Stunning card Norma. Love it!
Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Happy new Year.
Lorraine x

jodyb said...

Hi Norma,
Happy New Year to you too! Your card is absolutely stunning! It is exquisitly detailed. I don't know if you ever do tutorials, but I would love to try this.....
Hugs, Jody

Chris said...

Happy New Year. Oh my goodness, this card is fabulous.

Katja said...

Happy creative 2013.
Love your card and it looks great with the white background and colored tilda.
Hugs Katja

Joyce said...

This is stunning and gorgeous! Congrats on the Fussy and Fancy team!

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Don't take offense to this Norma, but good Lord hunny! This is really beautifully designed and extremely stunning with all of the contrast, depth and beautiful design! Really one of my favorite cards of the season! You never disappoint hun!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Danielle Champagne said...

Happy New Year Norma, now.. let me pick up my jaw! your card is fabulous,I just love the contrast with Tilda, and the 3D effect. Montreal is as white as this right now!
Looking forward to see lots of your awesome creations in 2013.
Hugs.

Unknown said...

Norma, this card is amazibg! I love the die cuts and that you made it in to an easel card (one of my personal fav's). You always do such a fabulous job on the coloring of images.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Wow! This is AMAZING! A real work of art! I love, love, love it! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Maris said...

hi Norma, dear, first of all, a happy new year for you xxx and what a lovely creation again xx

EnblogSail said...

Another Norma magic! There's so much wonder you've created in your cards! They are always perfect, immaculate!
Cheers
Caryl

Cathy Lee said...

Lovely card, Norma. I love the white on white elements and Tilda is lovely in the woodsy colors you used.
We had a white Christmas and it is staying on the ground because it has been so cold here in Colorado. Can't wait for the January thaw. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

mandy said...

Wow Norma your card is stunning I love the shape it's gorgeous love the white on white with the fab magnolia stamp it really pops off the card :)

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz

Hugs Mandy xxx

cabio's craft corner said...

Happy New Year to you and your family Norma. You did another amazing white background card. Love it and your coloring image made a great pick for this background. Beautiful!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sabina said...

Wonderful as always! Love all your things! Happy new year, hope the new year bring lots of joy to you and your loved ones!

Damarys said...

Wow, this is an extraordinarily beautiful card! One really has the feeling of the silence of the winter scene. Congratulations on producing such a lovely work of art!

Unknown said...

Oh Norma, this is gorgeous!!! I love all the layers! : )

Barb Hardeman said...

A stunning creation Norma! Such depth with all the layers. Your image is colored so masterfully it looks alive. This card should be framed!

Candy said...

Oh Norma,
What can I say?
Your card is absolutely beautiful!!
Fantastic arrangement, great new dies, perfect colouring.
Congratulations on you new DT position at Fussy and Fancy 😊
Happy New Year ❤
Big hugs my friend, Candy

Anonymous said...

gorgeous Norma! I was just shopping for these deer yesterday! I have this Tilda... she's so cool! Love this white and you're a perfect fit for this team! congrats!

Myrna I said...

Love, Love your card Norma! Beautiful coloring too! You make white cards look easy but I've tried and there is a trick to doing it right and you do it right!

Kelly said...

I love the scene you created with those die cuts. Very gorgeous card!
Enjoy the snow!
Hugs Kelly

cathylynn said...

Happy New Year Norma! Now let me catch my breath. OK now this is down right a masterpiece!!! Holy cow girlfriend, there is no limit to your talent. This is one incredible beauty! Love the scene with the layers and Tilda is gorgeous. Needless to say that your coloring is brilliant. I guess you can tell that I love this!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Jane H said...

Norma I'm totally amazed! Just beautiful.

Sandy said...

Norma this is one perfect card - a gorgeous work of art --- I do love every jot and tittle - beautifully done. I am pea green with envy over your talent!!!
Happy New Year!
Sandy

Sol said...

Beautiful Christmas Card.. Stunning Background.. and Beautiful Coloring.. I don´t se that much blue color though.. :o) But Your Card is AMAZING.. ! :o)
Beautiful And Clever Card! :o)
Thank you for showing us your card in ATSC! Big Hugs Sol :o)

Anneke. said...

Beautiful creations. Lovely colors. Thanks for joining DMCC.
Anneke.

Unknown said...

Wow fantastic card, I love the total white with the coloured stamp. Gorgeous idea.
Francy

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my late comment on your lovely creation, Love the way you have done it in white and the shot of colour for the image, Great to see you at Totally Gorjuss, hugs Samantha :0)

Ps be great to see you this week too! the new challlenge is anything goes plus ribbon x

Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous!
But i'm can't find the die "pine tree" you're talking about. i'm looking for this die because i loooooove your trees. Do you know where I could buy it?
diddy2703@hotmail.com

Brittany said...

Great card. You have a lovely blog! Hugs, Brittany, xx
http://mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.co.uk/

Mandy said...

Oh wow Norma once again you truly wow me, this is stunning hunny, you are my queen of all white cards :)
I did laugh at your "oh well" with the wrong colour for our challenge & oh well indeed as I might have missed this beauty if you'd realised lol.
Happy New Year lovely lady I hope it is a good one for you :)
hugs Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Norma, I love all the white on this one, Beautifully designed and created
Hugs julie P

Unknown said...

Wow Norma this is just exquisite!!!!Wow what a super elegant card!!!!! Absolutely breathtaking!!!!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card. My husband loves deer and so I really want that die. Which die is the background with all the little trees?

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, your card is so gorgeous! I just love the scene you have created with all the wonderful die cuts! Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Suzan

Rachel said...

Wow...it's gorgeous! Thank you for joinig us at DMCC, hugs Rachel

Janine - Ellabella said...

LOVING the card and all of the BEAUTIFUL details!!

Debbie Pamment said...

Oh NORMA this is GORGEOUS!!!! You really are the master of white on white - plus everything else you do of course - LOL. Am sooo proud to be the owner of a couple of your cards - they are AMAZING IRL!
xXx

miriam said...

wauw wat een schitterende kaart
bedankt voor je deelname aan DMCC
gr miriam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...