Monday, November 18, 2013

Holiday Blog Hop at Magnolia-licious

Hello.

Woo-hooooo.....we're having a Holiday Blog Hop at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.  Actually it's the Magnolia-licious and the Scor-Pal Design Teams coming together for this Blog Hop.  And this is both a Game and a Challenge.  What's more, there are HUGE prizes from Magnolia-licious to be won!!! 

So first, if you didn't come here from the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog, click HERE to hop over there and get the complete details of the Blog Hop and how to play along. Then you can come back here as I am the first one (yikes!) on the list of participants.

And so.  For my Blog Hop project, I have created this Advent Calendar. 


Here are some close-ups to showcase the Magnolia images I am featuring and also for you to get a closer look of the background scenery.

 
- Tilda with Snow Heart from the Sweet Christmas Dreams Collection 2011
 

- In The Snow Scarf Tilda from the Winter Wonderland Collection 2013
- Mini North Pole Tilda from the Winter Wonderland Collection 2013
- Mini Show The Way Baby Rudolph from the Winter Wonderland Collection 2013
- In the Snow Heart Tilda from the from the Winter Wonderland Collection 2013


- Mini In The Snow Ski Tilda from the Winter Wonderland Collection 2013
- Ski Edwin With Snowflakes from the A Christmas Story Collection 2012

Magnolia stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini stamps.  And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, ask Diana if she can bring it in for you.  Check out also the stamps from Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Penny Black and Candibeans, along with cutting dies from various companies and other crafting items.

What I have done with the little boxes is to put the dates in December before Christmas on one side and then on the other side I've placed some letters. 

 
 
So each day in December, you pull out the day's box, take the goodies out (yummy), turn it around and put it back in with the letter showing.  Oh, and eat the chocolate of course.  By December 25, you will have a holiday phrase--similar to what you're doing in this Blog Hop, except you don't have to unscramble it yourself...tee hee.


I made the numbers--printed, coloured, added glitter, cut out, etc.--but I was running out of time, so I bought some alphabet sticker sets at my local dollar store.  As you can see, I ran out the capital 'S'...arghh.

Challenges I am entering with this project:
Crafty Calendar Challenge - All Things Christmas
Designed To Color Challenge #23 - Christmas/Wiinter
Stamping Sensations November Challenge - Christmas
ABC Christmas Challenge - W for Winter Wishes
Divas By Design - Something Snowy
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge #193 - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes With a Twist of Christmas
One Crazy Stamper - November Christmas Challenge
The Crafty Blogger Network Challenge - Christmas
Challenges 4 Everybody Challenge #33 - Anything Goes

Okay, that's it!

And now, for you hoppers, I have a couple of letters to give you.  They are:  t, Y

Thanks for stopping by.  To continue with the blog hop, head over to the very talented Katie Tate's blog



Materials and Tools Used:
Papers:  Strathmore Bristol 300 Series 100lb.
Designer Papers:  Recollections Batiked My Interest Cinabar; K+Company EB Visions of Christmas paper pad
Dies:  Dee's Distinctively Large and Small Snow Covered Stacker Tree; Memory Box 98143 Twiggy  Tree; Poppystamps 809 Pine Tree Border; Impression Obsession Pine Branch; Spellbinders Petite Scalloped Circles (for the pinecones)
Miscellaneous
Colouring Medium:  Alcohol ink markers from Letraset - Promarkers and Pantone Trias


65 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Norma, love the pretty scene you've created, fabulous idea
Hugs Julie P

Jo said...

OMGosh, this project is utterly stunning, and what a wonderful idea to turn the boxes around once you've eaten your choccie (fantastic choice in box number 1 by the way, my absolute favourite lol) and see a seasonal message, absolutely amazing inspiration, hugs Jo x

Elena F Scrap said...

Awesomw project Norma; really in my small english vocabulary I don´t have many words to explain. Elena.

Chris said...

Fabulous advent calendar Norma and I adore the little scene you've created. Chris :-)

Christina C. said...

This is priceless, Norma! A most beautiful project and what a lovely scene you created with all those Maggies!

Unknown said...

wooow Norma this is AWESOME cration!!!! I have no words - just beautiful!
Jasmina

Dena said...

My goodness Norma! You are soooooo talented!!!!!!!!!! This is the cutest project!!! I would so love to make one! All the dies work perfectly with your snowy theme!! Love how you take it out and turn it around to make a phrase.....ADORABLE!!!
Hugs, Dena

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Norma,
this advent calendar is fantastic,
love all fabulous coloured Magnolia images
wauuu
hugs Tamara

Steph Ackerman said...

THis is absolutely lovely.

Intruderlady said...

wow what a lovely project.

hugs,
kitty

rovianne said...

A stunning project as always. Love it!

Karen said...

This is stunning Norma!!! Your coloring is always perfect!

charlene said...

Norma you are so talented what a great project and your coloring is always beautiful!
Hugs

Kelly said...

Wow this is gorgeous and so fun to have out for Christmas. Gorgeous!!
Hugs Kelly

Janiel/ janny said...

OH MY GOSH Norma!!! This is out of this world CUTE!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
hugs, Janiel

Cindy :) said...

Oh Wow...this is awesome, I love it, every detail....love it!!! Especially that it has a duel use, changing the boxes around to create a sentiment is a fantastic idea. I've been wanting to make one of these for a few years now but I wanted to buy the thick board one in the shape of a tree, I think I've changed my mind now as I love this idea and I'll buy the square kit or create my own. Fantastic Norma, love it :) Season's Greetings to you as well ;)
Cindy cinpot@msn.com

Cathy Lee said...

Wow, Norma. This is stunning. Your creations always seem to amaze me. You put such effort into your crafts. Fabulous advent calendar.
Hugz,
Cath

Meredith said...

I love this project.

Amy A said...

Oh Norma, This is ADORABLE! Too Cute for words even!
:)

Linda Palmer said...

Awesome creation. Love your calendar.

Suzi Mac said...

Now this is utter genius Norma!!! I love the whole design, your scene with so many cute images and the turnaround drawers are amazing. You clever clever girl. Hugs Suzi x

Sanne said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Stunning!!!

Céline said...

fantastic project Norma, you've made a wonderful job
hugs
céline

Mojca said...

Oh waw Norma I am really totally sunned! Amazing calendar! hugs! Mojca

Dina said...

wauh what a beauty

Jackie W said...

Oh, Wow! This is absolutely jaw dropping! What a fabulous idea and project!
Jackie

SchoolinandScrappin

Only By His Grace said...

Hi dear Norma!
I absolutely adore your Advent Calendar.All those gorgeous Maggie stamps are coloured so beautifully and look so cute.
I love how you made the tiny pine cones. Very clever and the pine branches look great in white.
what a super idea having the little boxes reversable. a lot of work but oh so worth the effort.
Hugs Maz

Beth Brovold said...

Norma this is just FABULOUS...I just LOVE all of your Maggies and what a wonderful stash of hidden goodies!!!!

lindaplus3 said...

That is a beautiful calendar,,,, love that you phrased on the back :)

mgoll88 said...

thata a really wonderfull creation, looks fantastic, love the way you decoerated!

LG
Michaela

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Oh my gosh what a wonderful project! I just LOVE it!

Janie Printz said...

Norma this is a stunning over the top creative. I 'm just speechless looking at all you've done for this project. You are a delightful inspiration.
Hugs, Janie

Anonymous said...

This is just absolutely adorable! I love Maggie's and I love seeing what everyone does with them. Wonderful decoration!

Melanie Smith said...

Norma, Your Advent Calender is simply Divine! I absolutely love the way you made it reversible! How clever! Melanie

ednamburgess said...

Such a clever idea and the kids are colored so well and are so cute. Like the added trees too. Edna B.

Joyce said...

This is so incredible! WOW Norma, WOW! Amazing creation!

Patti Jo said...

You are so creative and come up with the neatest ideas besides your awesome coloring talents!!! Wonderful project Norma Dear! Love it!!!

cabio's craft corner said...

Norman, you did a beautiful job on this advent calendar. Lots of dedications and I love the great dimension effect of the amazing snowing background with all the pretty colored images!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Riet Kamstra said...

Hi Norma, not only a beautiful scene you created, but also the idea with the little boxes is so perfectly done with the candy and the possibility to turn them around! What a great job you did here!
Riet xx

Ghost_Writer said...

lovely project... hope to make a similar one :)

Christy Designs said...

Wow.... it's gorgeous christmas project Norma !!Love the images and your coloring! All your embellishments are fabulous!

Bunny said...

How very beautiful. Even with the small "s". I would love to have it.

Sabrina said...

I love your Advent Calendars. They are simply gorgeous!!

Jayne A said...

Such a fabulous idea. Really pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Diva's

Hugs
Jayne

Karen said...

I absolutely love your calendar! Beautifully done and those chocolates look delicious.

Karen

Alison said...

I love this project so much, Norma. Such cute images and a great idea to turn the boxes round for the greeting. Just now I would love to have one of those chocolates. Thank you for playing along at Fab'n Funky challenges.
Alison x GDT

Sarah - Crea S said...

You have really outdone yourself Norma! Just great!
And the idea you can turn the boxes so the other message reveals is so clever!
Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.com/

Pat K said...

Absolutely stunning Norma. Every image so beautifully coloured in your wonderful design. A pleasure to view. Pat K xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I love how you have shown the different ways to use the stamps. TFS Jan

Suzanne J Dean said...

THis is gorgeous Norma...I love them both...beautifully done. I love advent calendars and Christmastime, just makes me so happy!

hugz,
Suzanne

NPurdum56 said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! What a great project! Just too cute! :) Nancee

Janice said...

How brilliant is this! Must have taken all year to make. What a truly brilliant creation, and one to be used for several years I hope. Love your snowy project at Divas this week, Jx

The Craft Bucket said...

Just gorgeous, loving the snow scene. Fantastic, Jane x

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Absolutely stunning as always Norma!! Love the sparkle on your lettering and fun Christmas scene on the top! :) I would love to open one of those drawers each day!! YUM!!

Nathalie said...

Absolutly fantastic !!! I love it
Nathalie

My Paper Epiphany said...

I just discovered your challenge via Penny Black - I look forward to playing along!

Anne said...

Wow!! I love how the boxes can be turned, such a fantastic idea! Gorgeous winter scene, I love the snowy trees, papers and glittering blue letters. Your coloring is just so pretty!

Hugs, Anne.

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is a gorgeous Advent Calender. Thank you for joining us at CBN Challenge. Marlene DT

Chris said...

Oh Norma, this is such a fabulous project! Your work is always stunning! I just love what you were able to create! I love both the blue and the red. I wish I had just a tad of your talent!

XO,
Chris

Helen said...

Wonderful advent calendar!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Lynne K said...

Wow, what an amazing project, Norma, and the reversible boxes are a brilliant idea! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

Lynne

Tindaloo said...

awesome creation! :)

Unknown said...

Very brilliant and crafty creation! That is sooo nice and cute!


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Marilyn @ Christmas greetings

mgoll88 said...

A very fantastic calendar, looks sooo amazing...facinated with all that lovely images!

LG
Michaela

Lorrie Wish said...

Lovely creations! I really like Christmas gifts and handmade crafts. I make my own Merry Christmas Wishes Cards, but your work is a real work of art!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...