Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Easter Greetings - Magnolia-licious 'CAS'

To enter your name in the draw for my 5th Blogoversary Candy, click HERE.


Hello.

We're midway in our current 'Clean and Simple' challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.   We want to see cards/projects with limited embellishments and decorations--less is more!  Today it's Team B's turn to post our DT cards/projects for your inspiration.  Hop over to the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog to get complete details of the challenge and how you can join in the fun.  Don't forget to check out my DT teammates' fabulous projects/cards while you're there.  

CAS is definitely not my style!  I love my embellishments--flowers, diecuts, pearls, etc.  And I must confess that I usually end up adding embellisments to my CAS cards before mailing them off.  I simply can't force myself to send any card of mine so bare...tee hee.

Anyway,  here is my CAS card--simple layout and clean of embellishments.


And you know that I simply can't leave the inside of my card undecorated, so I did worked on it but still keeping it CAS also--we're talking layout here...hee hee.


I admit that both images I used here are not what you call 'simple', but if you replace them with whatever you want, toppers or simply stamped images, then it fits the CAS bill don't you think?...ha ha

I did some masking to create the scene on the front of my card.  The two Magnolia images I used here are:


- Tilda With Her Rabbit from the Special Moments Collection 2013
- Tilda's Heart Flowers from the Sweet Crazy Love Collection 2012

And for the inside of the card, I drew a Zentangle egg below this Tilda image.  (Oh, the Tilda's Heart Flowers image above have been tangled also.)


- Frizzy Tilda from the Sea Breeze Collection 2013

You can find the three stamps I used on this card at Magnolia-licious on-line store, where you can also find other equally adorable Magnolia images--both full size and mini.  And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, ask Diana if she can bring it in for you.  Check out also the stamps from Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Penny Black and CandibeansMagnolia-licious also carries cutting dies from various companies including Memory BoxPoppyStamps, Magnolia Doohickey.
Prices are discounted, you get excellent customer service and what's more, you get to earn 2% credit to be applied to future purchases.  Cool!

Challenges for this card:
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #3 - Use a stamp or digi stamp
The Crafting Cafe March Challenge - CAS
As You Like It Challenge - Favorite colouring medium and why (alcohol-ink markers, Letraset Promarkers and Pantone Trias, love the way I can blend colours)
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #312 - Girls, girls, girls!
Stampin' for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Hanna and Friends Challenge #192 - CAS
Pals Paper Arts PPA195 - A colour challenge
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #54 - Easter Parade
Through the Purple Haze Challenge #33 - Anything Goes (with optional bling)
Love to Create Challenge - CAS and/or Classy/Elegant

That's all for me  Thanks for stopping by.  Your visit is always very much appreciated.  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!


Materials and Tools Used
Sentiments:  Computer generated
Designer Papers:  From DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl paper pad
Miscellaneous:  Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; Coluzzle Oval template
Colouring medium:  Alcohol ink markers from Letraset - Promarkers and Pantone Trias 


37 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Wauuuu
gorgeous Easter card
hugs Tamara

JenniferD said...

How Awesome is this CAS Card! loooove your Cool Egg1 Great Images and Perfect Colours! Have a Great Week!

Louise said...

Beautiful card, fabulous image and coloring
hugs Louise

Christy Designs said...

Simply design but gorgeous coloring Norma !

butterfly dream cards said...

Adoreable......just beautiful

fiona DT
TTPH

Laura said...

You know, when I saw the card in the Blogger fed, I went...what, no embellishments! lol. Still, a lot work in your CAS card. And it's still adorable.

Laura Papercuts

Beth Brovold said...

PERFECT as only you can do it!!! Norma this is just so BEAUTIFUL...CAS...that's sure a toughie!!! I just love your Zentangle!!! I would love to give that a try!!

Ann Schach said...

An adorable card, Norma! Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Danica said...

Wau, gorgeous Easter card. I love it.
Hugs Danica

lvtaz2000 said...

You absolutely make the most wonderful cards! Even with no embellishments your creativity is amazing. Love the Zentangle.

Sarah - Crea S said...

WOW, wow, wow! Again a stunning card from your hand Norma! I'm totally in love with the way you always decorate the inside to! And your colouring is just beyond this world! Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Anonymous said...

So pretty Norma, I love that Zentangle egg, very clever
Hugs Julie P

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma, can't wait for easter, hope by this time, the snow will melt,and we will see somegreen! I just love your zentangle egg, wow! I was going to ask what stamp is this? truly beautiful, as both tildas, and lovely spring papers!Hugs.

Candy said...

Beautiful card Norma.
Love your zentangles!
Big Hugs, Candy

Dawn said...

Sweet card & great colouring Norma!
Thanks for joining in the fun at The Crafting Cafe for our CAS challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cathy Lee said...

WOW, Norma. I love the tangles. Gorgeous artwork every time.
Hugz,
Cath

Diane Roberts said...

Such an adorably sweet Easter card! Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts this week.

Diana Crick said...

WOW!!! Norma this is awesome. I love CAS because the image becomes the star. Your Zentangle is so pretty, perfect shapes and you achieved sheer perfection with the shading. You showed me flowers I want to show you more Tangles. Must plan a day together. Hugs, Diana

Diana Crick said...

For those who may have not heard of Zentangle, the Tangles Norma drew are Phuds and Tipple.

Anonymous said...

This is just amazing work! I'm looking forward to getting into copic-style coloring, and this is truly inspirational! Thanks for playing along at Pals Paper Arts this week!

NPurdum56 said...

What a beautiful card, inside and out! Love it Norma! Nancee :)

Edith said...

Hehe, I think you missed the goal... This is not CAS but I love it! :) Your colouring is simply adorable! Beautiful card!

Cazro said...

A sweet card both inside and outside. thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

Ju@nita said...

What a stunning eastercard Norma, beautiful.Although it's a simply card i love the magnolia's they are so cute.

Big Hugs Nit@

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous Easter card, very lovely indeed. We really appreciate you taking the time to join us at
Through The Purple Haze Challenges Hope to see you again next week
Hugs, Teresa DT
Ceesa's Card Creations

Crafty Sandy's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Norma, love your CAS look ha, ha and the Zentangled egg, omg I've only heard the name before but have never seen an image, soooo very clever of you, you must have so much patience! And thank you for leaving a comment on my blog for my CAS card, it is very much appreciated. Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card love the colours too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at As You Like It Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Anonymous said...

She's certainly a beauty Norma! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sparkles Challenges this month, hope to see you again.

Hugs
Brenda
Sparkles DT

Chris said...

Holy molly, girlfriend, that Zentangle egg is stunning! I love your design and the way you've colored it! Brava, Norma! Your entire card is gorgeous! CAS is not my forté either. I need my ribbons, lace, and flowers! You did a great job as always!

xO,
Chris

mgoll88 said...

very fantastic and wonderfull creation!

LG
Michaela

Tamie said...

Clean simple and full of yummy goodness. I absolutely love the way you colored both of your images and the paper you used in your layout. Your coloring is phenomenal. Thank-you for joining us at the CardsGaloreEncore Challenge #3 Stamp or Digi

Tamie DT

Nicola Crowe said...

I love this card it is so beautiful thanks for joining us at TTPH
Nicola DT

Jackie Randolph said...

Gorgeous CAS with your amazing coloring!
Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create with our CAS or Classy & Elegant challenge!
Hugs!
Jackie - LTC

Unknown said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Love the imagez, your coloring and design!
Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create this week.
Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Unknown said...

Wow, that is one gorgeous and stunning Easter greetings you got there Norma. I so love the image, and main sentiment you chose. Simply love the colors and designs as well.

Best wishes to you on Easter.

Love xxx
Rasmi

Zetti said...

Fab card! Great colouring!
Thanks for joining us at Hanna and Friends.
Andrea :-)

Hath said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining us this month at Crafting Cafe - good luck. hugs Angelie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...