Monday, September 01, 2014

Pumpkins for Sale - Magnolia-licious Fall Blog Hop

Hello.  Wow, can't believe it's September already.  Happy September, everybody!

Today we're kicking off our Fall/Autumn Blog Hop at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.  If you're already taking part in our blog hop and have arrived here from Karen's Blog, then you're on the right track.  If you didn't come from there and want to start at the beginning, here's a list of the participating DT gals in blog hop order:


Here is my project for the blog hop--I'm calling it 'Pumpkins For Sale'.  I've been working hard on this and only just finished it about 6 hours ago...yeah, cutting it close...ha ha.




I started out planning a roadside stand selling only pumpkins but ended up adding vegetables too.


These are my eggplants, cabbages and carrots.  I used an Extra Large Daisy punch (Marvy Uchida) for the eggplants, Medium Retro Flower punch (EK Success) for the cabbages and rolled up orange tissue paper for the carrots.


The farm cart I made from heavy kraft cardstock then covered up with popsicle sticks.  I made the pumpkins by wrapping circles of orange tissue paper around facial-tissue balls.

These are close-ups of the Magnolia images being featured:


Frizzy Tilda from the Sea Breeze Collection 2013


- Tilda With Lace Pants from the Animals of the Year Collection 2014 (I have her standing on a stool because the counter is too high for her...hee hee)


- Virgo Tilda from the Zodiac Collection 2014


- Tilda With Big Tulip Pot from the Little Easter Collection 2013 (I cut out the Big Tulip Pot of course and replaced it with the pumpkin)


- Jungle Sign from the Tilda and Edwin's Pet/Animal Collection 2009

Magnolia stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps.  And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, ask Diana if she can bring it in for you.
Check out also the stamps from Wee StampsWild Rose Studios and Candibeans.
Magnolia-licious also carries cutting dies from various companies including Memory BoxPoppyStampsMagnolia Doohickey.  Have a look!  The site is sporting a brand new look.
Prices are discounted, you get excellent customer service and you also get to earn 2% credit to be applied to future purchases.  Sweet!



Challenges I am entering with this project:
613 Avenue Create Challenge #87 - Anything Goes w/optional Sights, Sounds, Tastes of Autumn
A Creative Romance - A Touch of Kraft
Crafting At The Weekend Challenge #5 - Anything Goes
Suzy Bee's Blooming' Challenge #44 - Anything Goes
Creative Corner Challenge - Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #336 - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart Challenge #34 - Anything Goes
Anything But A Card Challenges - Use Five (I have stamped and coloured 5 Magnolia images)
Pile It On #35 - Punch It Out! (eggplants and cabbages made using punches)
Dutch Magnolia Lovers Challenge #86 - Use Something of Wood (gebruik iets van hout)

Thanks for stopping by.  Your visit is always very much appreciated me.  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!

And now, hop over to your last stop in this blog hop...and that's to the fabulous Julie's blog!


Materials and Tools Used
Dies:  Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles; Memory Box 98360 Classic Lower Alphabet Set; Crealies Creative Shapes No. 20; Spellbinders 2010 Snowflake Pendant 
Punches:  EK Success medium Retro Flower; Marvy Uchida Extra Large Daisy;   
Miscellaneous:  Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint Picket Fence; popsicle sticks, raffia, tissue paper
Colouring medium:  Alcohol ink markers from Letraset - Promarkers and Pantone Trias, coloured pencils 

56 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous Norma, I love all your little vegetables, they look good enough to eat, a wonderful scene, very clever indeed
Hugs Julie P

KathR said...

This is soo cool, I want to buy Pumpkins from this stall.

Patti Jo said...

Oh my goodness Norma, you always amaze me with your creativity!!! Absolutely love all your details....Tilda's and vegetables AND construction!!! Fantastic work as always!!!

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

How sweet and cute scene
gorgeous Norma
hugs Tamara

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! wow! and another WOW!! how amazing is your creation Norma. I just love your imagination (wish I had a smidgen on it) everything about your creation is perfect. Love love love it.
Hugs
Suzi x

Sunshine Girl said...

This is fabulous - I love the little cart with the pumpkins in

Unknown said...

Oh wow this is so so cute!!!!

Chris said...

Oh Norma,

My first reaction was a huge smile. Then, I got tears in my eyes! Suddenly, while looking at your project, I was just so touched by the sweetness of each and every image so actively involved with the fruit stand! It was as if they all came to life! What a sweet, sweet project. I wish I could create something lie this. It is just so beautiful in eery way. I love all the little elements - the carrots, the pumpkins, the cabbages, the eggplants. They are AMAZING! YOU ARE SOOOO GIFTED! I just love this so very much!

XO,
Chris

Dena said...

You have totally outdone yourself!!!!!!!! Norma, this is so over the top AMAZING!! How in the world did you make all those veggies?! I mean, wow oh wow!!!! CUTE project!!
Hugs, Dena

Christine Dol said...

Are you kidding me Norma....how do you come up with the most amazing projects!!! Girl, I need you to be my crafty neighbour for lots of inspiration! YOUR the best! I mean look at the pumpkins and the veggie stand! AMAZING!!!!!

JenniferD said...

Wow! I bet you had a fabulous time Creating this AWESOME Scene! Looooove it! Enjoy the rest of your Weekend!

Karen said...

This is amazing Norma!! I love every detail....those paper veggies are just perfect!!!

Louise said...

OMG!! I am speechless, this is so awesome. Such a beautiful and creative project. Everything is so perfect
hugs Louise

Beth Brovold said...

Holy Toledo Norma...I'm smiling from ear to ear here!!!!!! This is simply STUNNING!!!! Your veggies are ridiculously real looking...FABULOUS!! You are my hero!!! Of course your Tildas are PERFECTION!!
Take care,
Beth

Scrapthat said...

Wowza! You did an awesome job of this!! I think my DD might just eat carrots if she had your carrots to inspire her! lol

Donna said...

Wow!!! I can't believe my eyes!
What an absolutely stunning work of art.
It's amazing.
Thanks for sharing your inspirational creations.
Hugs, Donna x

Zulma said...

Beautiful scene. Stunning job, cute vegetables, gorgeous Tildas.Thanks for shearing. ZULMA

Marieke said...

O my what a work on thoose little vegtables! It's really cute tho.

Marieke

Céline said...

oh wow !!!!! so fantastic and realistic project! totally amazing
husg
céline

Sande said...

Your project is simply amazing...a labor of love. Makes me want to ask how much are your pumpkins.

Martina said...

Everytime I visit your Blog I think you can not top your gorgeous creations and everytime I am speechless again! Amazing! I am out of words for this creation!
Martina

Danielle Champagne said...

OH!!!!!! NOrma, this is soooo sweet! love love the scene your created. OH my... such patience for creating those cute vegetables, and such imagination! even the baskets. as always your coloring is beautiful, and I salute your creativity and imagination. Hugs.

Barb Hardeman said...

WOW! Norma, this is fantabulous! I had to go back a second time and look at those pumpkins and veggies to see how you made them! WOW, WOW, WOW!! Right down to the smallest detail this project is a treasure. You are so amazingly creative, you blow me away! Hugs...Barb

Sarah - Crea S said...

OMG Norma, this is just stunning! I love your little scene! Hugs,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

Elins Cards and other handscrafts said...

Wow.. that is just gorgeous ♥ Love all your work, and thanks for your great inspiration.
Hug Elin

Patty said...

I am at a loss for words!! This is so adorable..and you are so clever creating all your vegetables with different dies & products!!

Jacee said...

Such fantastic work Norma, totally amazing, I love it!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Ella's Design said...

Oh my word, Norma, this is amazing! Your attention to detail is phenomenal and I just love your baskets of veggies! Stunning! Hugs, Lisa x

Janie Printz said...

Oh my goodness Norma this is just incredible & looks totally EDIBLE ... What a fantastic creation that looks as tho it should be sitting alongside a country road & I for one appreciate all the time it took you ... All I can say is WOW !!!, you have really knocked it out of the park with this one... I'm still pinching myself cuz it doesn't seem possible to make veggies that tiny & scaled so perfectly for this miniature stand ... I would so love to watch you at work one day.
hugs, Janie

Only By His Grace said...

Chris has said it all Norma. An outstanding creation. I am blown away by your gorgeous vegetables. all so lovingly made. the little cart of pumpkins and all the gals enjoying themselves. beautiful.
Hugs maz

Unknown said...

Hermoso trabajo te felicito...
muchos éxitos y bendiciones

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness your project is gorgeous.
There is so much to look at your design and coloring is great.All your hand made vegetables at great

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Norma this must have been a labour of love! There is so much to see and admire. Thank you for joining in Anything But A Card's 5 Challenge with such a wonderful project!

Sue said...

Love the project :0

Shelly G said...

This is absolutely amazing! All the details and work that went into this. You truly have a gift! Absolutely adorable!

Kathy Gerace said...

What a creative lady you are! This is even better than your barnyard was.
Everything you've done is perfect for a fruit/veggie stand. It amazes me that you made all the veggies! Every Tilda is perfect for the scene.
Hugs, Kathy

leonenkarin.blogspot.com said...

AAAAHHH!!! This is so much fun!! Your creation is marvelous! Love your details! it reminds me of the old days when my and my mom are sitting at the table. I was only 6 years old and my mom made something like yours is clay... # memories...

Love it!

Hugs, Karin

lvtaz2000 said...

Norma, you never stop inspiring me. This is absolutely too wonderful.

Maria Eugenia said...

WOW!! que hermoso proyecto, cuantos detalles!!! realmente es un espectaculo , difrute paseando por tu puesto de venta de calabaza!!!

Mis Cinco Amores Scrap

Cathy Lee said...

This is the most adorable project, Norma. Ranks right up there with your fabulous barnyard creation. I love how your Magnolias are perfect for this farmer's market scene and ingenious 3D vegetable elements. Love it to bits!
Hugz,
Cath

Rosemary said...

Amazing!!! You are so talented!!

Chana Malkah said...

You are good! And, once again we have decided to feature your project on our FB page. Your feature will run on Saturday, September 6th. Thanks for playing on our street here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
http://avenue613.blogspot.com

FB: facebook.com/avenue613

mgoll88 said...

wow...what a great job...fantastic!!!LOve it

LG
Michaela

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh my word, I adore this wonderful project! so clever, and fabulous!!!
Mel. xxx

Monika1011 said...

What a beautiful creation in a lovely design !!
Hugs Monika

verybellemakes said...

Wow! Fabulous make, simply stunning :)

Thank you for joining the Crafting From The Heart challenge, hope we'll see you again very soon.

Victoria DT

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Norma that's breathtaking! So much creativity in every little detail. Executed to perfection! What a stunning fall creation. Love it! Hugs, Wends x

NPurdum56 said...

Oh this is absolutely stunning! Beautiful Norma! Nancee :)

Margy (DS4J) said...

Unbelievably stunning!

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite projects I have EVER seen! This is absolutely fabulous!! Incredible workmanship and creativity. SUPER!!!!

Tamara said...

This is amazing Norma! So much creativity in one project! wow
Hugs, t.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is THE most amazing project I've seen. So many Tilda's and such a lot of work must have gone in to making the pumpkins, vegetables and the stall itself. Stunning!
Lorraine

EnblogSail said...

This is breathtaking!!!
Caryl

manucreativa-forever said...

Mamma mia!!!!!! Che meravigliosa scenetta hai creato
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

wowowoowowowowoowowow

Fantastica! Sono rimasta letteralmente a bocca aperta dallo stupore

Complimentissimi Norma!
Mi hai incantanta!

:D :D

un abbraccio
manu

Yvonne said...

Oh my....this is really a stunning creation...wow...
Thanks for entering our DML Challenge.
Hugs,
Yvonne

Christa said...

This is just AMAZING !!
Thank you for joining us at DML.
Christa ; DT.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...