Thursday, December 18, 2014

Season's Greetings

Hello.

Here's my latest Christmas card.


I did this one just for one.  I wanted to do a Zentangle and tangle those trees.  Do you recognize them?  The image is a stamped image--from one of my favorite Magnolia background stamps.


The names of the stamps I've used are:
Winter Forest all the way back from the Santa Collection 2008.
- Mini Tilda in Cozy Coat from the newly-released Waiting For Christmas Collection 2014

Ughh..I did such a crappy job with the third tree--I'm really really not happy with it!  I'll have to try another pattern next time.
Colouring was done with Letraset markers--colours listed at end of posting.

Magnolia stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini stamps.  And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, ask Diana if she can bring it in for you.
Check out also the stamps from Wee StampsWild Rose StudiosSaturated Canary and Candibeans.
Magnolia-licious also carries cutting dies from various companies including Memory BoxPoppyStampsMagnolia DoohickeyWild Rose Studio.  Have a look!
Prices are discounted, you get excellent customer service and you also get to earn 2% credit to be applied to future purchases.

This is how I've decorated the inside of my card.


Did a bit more tangling.  I need more practice!


Challenges for this project:
Not Just Cards Challenge #8 - Anything Goes
Perfectly Rustics Challenge #38 - Tree
Love to Create Challenge #146 - Create A Scene
Love To Scrap! Challenge #44 - When Nature Calls!
Sparkles Monthly Challenge #63 - Anything Goes
Come and Get It Challenge - Merry Christmas
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #108 - Christmas
Simply Magnolia - Anything Goes
I ♥ Promarkers Challenge #250 - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge #60 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.  Your visit is always very much appreciated.  Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!


Materials and Tools Used
Sentiments:  Computer generated
Designer Papers:  Pink Paislee Noel paper pad 
Dies:  Spellbinders Petite Ovals; Sizzix Tim Holtz Festive Greenery 
Punches:  One-hole hand punch    
Miscellaneous:  Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; ribbon and pearls from my stash; Sakura Pigma Micron pen 01  

Colouring medium:  Alcohol ink markers from Letraset - Promarkers, Flexmarkers and Pantone Trias; coloured pencils to help with the shading
- face and skin:  blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks:  oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and boots:  burnt sienna, caramel, sandstone
- red-brown shades:  burnt umber, coral, mango, peach
- green shades:  apple cider, 617-T, meadow green
- gold/yellow shades:   burnt sienna, mustard, pastel yellow
- white shading:  warm gray 5-T, cool gray 4-T, cool gray 1-T
- dotted background:  tea green, 5527-T  



24 comments:

Christine Dol said...

Norma....you need no practice at all! Are you kidding....you have done perfection I think! I love your card!!!!!!
Have a wonderful day!!! And a fantastic weekend!

Mary Lou said...

Hi Norma....WOW I was drawn to your blog when I saw this card😊. I love the trees and for first time with this technique...you done good!!! Beautiful my friend!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

NancyD said...

Norma this is really stunning. I shared your picture with the Zentangle community as well. Truly inspiring! NancyD

Danielle Champagne said...

Norma, I do not think you did a crappy job on that 3rd tree. it definitely looks like a piano keyboard, and reminds me of all the music of Christmas. your card is awesome. as each and every card your create. Love. xoxo

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

WOW!! Your card is gorgeous inside and out! You did a fabulous job on the Zentangle. Fabulous design too. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Bunny said...

Beautiful inside and out. Including that 3rd tree that still looks good. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Patricia St Martin said...

Norma, I always stop by but wanted to say Started a little early but want to make sure I get everyone, I want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas, hopping you have a fantastic day with your family. The most healthiest ever New Year in 2015. With all the inspiration, creativity and goodies you need for making your beautiful cards thought out the year and then some.
Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
rubber stamping is my game blog

Mayumi said...

I don't know what do you want to practice, because everything is so pretty!

Hope you have a great Christmas and lovely time with family and friends.

Ella's Design said...

Another fabulous creation, Norma! Beautifully decorated inside and out and I love your tangling, gives the trees such texture! Hugs, Lisa x

Jacee said...

Gorgeous work Norma!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

gail said...

Stunning card, love the trees. Gail xx

Gina's Cards said...

This is such a beautiful card and I love the zantangle effect.Thank you for joining us a LHOSM, good luck and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
Hugs
Gina x

Crafty and Green said...

Absolutely Stunning Card!! I just love this and all the gorgeous details! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create: Create a Scene Challenge!! We hope you will come back and play again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina
LTC DT

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! Love the scene, your coloring, papers and design! Thank you for joining our "Create A Scene" Challenge at Love to Create this week.
Ruza ~ LTC Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

* Shell B.* said...

Fabulous card, great details & design!
Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
http://akstamping.blogspot.com

Melvin said...

Wow Norma, you are amazing. Your job is excellent, in Puerto Rico we said that your is "BRUTAL"... Merry Christmas.

Beth Brovold said...

Oh my GOODNESS Norma!!! You never cease to AMAZE with your creativity!!! Your card is GORGEOUS...I love the Zentangle!! And I see that you have joined us at Simply Magnolia...thank you for sharing with us!!
Wishing you and yours a most WONDERFUL Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year!!
Take care,
Beth

Kim Butterworth said...

Beautiful card, love the detail on the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

Nicola said...

Thanks Norma, for sharing your stunning creation with us at Simply Magnolia, good luck and happy new year!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Shuly said...

oh my gosh, this card is such a feast for the eyes!! superb in and out with perfect colours and papers, a fabulous dynamism on the first page with little tilda coming out of the trees, woaw! excellent! well done (again!)
happy new year! hugs
<3

Vickie Y said...

Adorable; love the colors you used. thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge

Unknown said...

Wow this is awesome. I love the style of your card and the gorgeous colors. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

Sharnee Torrents said...

Dear Norma, what a lovely, lovely tree card!! Oh and I LOVE that holly in the corner too!!
Thanks heaps for joining us at Perfectly Rustics!
Smiles Sharnee :)

Rebecca said...

Hi I love all of the magnolia images, especially this one! I love your card, its so cute and chrismassy! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles, hope to see you again soon!

Love From Rebecca xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...