Monday, March 16, 2009

My Second Blog Card

Hello! Here's a card I made for the Friday Sketchers Challenge 43.

I saw a designer paper (from Basic Grey) and the colour combination intrigued me. I would never have thought that these 2 colours, a sort of olive shade and a really dark brown, would go well together. But it grew on me the more times I looked at the paper. So I thought let's go with it and see if it works.


If you like my big white flower, I made it using daisy punches of 3 different sizes. Punch out 2 daisies of each size. Then with a small scissor make slashes in each of the petals. Curl the edges up and shade them. Stack the daisies and put a large brad through their centres. It’s a bit more work, but I think it looks nice.


Stamp: Magnolia #262 Traveler Tilda
Designer Paper: Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye Bohemia

5 comments:

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Norma - your cards are gorgeous!! I tried to comment on your Down Under challenge but couldn't see a comment link! I think your layouts and colouring are superb - thanx soo much for playing along - we always welcome another Magnolia addict - LOL.
xXx

Kellie said...

I'm with Deb, so I thought I would leave a comment here and besides that all your cards are just gorgeous! The card for Magnolia Down Under is just amazing, I love the colours and what you managed to do blurry eyes and all! Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. I hope you come back Sunday to see the new challenge :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the way you did the layered flower. I will have to give that a try! I love you Magnolia Down Under card too. You're a very talented lady.

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Gorgeous cards, love the papers you use too! Thanks for playing :)
Kristy

mynewblog said...

WOW! This is a real piece work of art! I love everything about it - the design, the patterned paper, the colours ... all well thought of and assembled. The flowers themselves are magnificent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...