Saturday, June 20, 2009

Peahes and Cream

Happy Sunday! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

This is the second card that I made for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge as a guest DT. And after just visiting their blog to see the posting, I realize that I goofed on this one. Ooooops, sorry, Kellie. How embarrasing is this!

The current challenge is a colour challenge, with a choice. You can do either…
Pink, Brown and Cream/White
Orange, Brown and Cream/White
Blue, Brown and Cream/White.

Well, as it turns out, I completely missed the brown part. I thought I would choose the colour combination that I haven't use before, which I thought would be orange and cream, just those 2 colours. Soooooo.... I don't have any brown at all on my card. I was even trying to keep it strictly in orange and cream, but I broke down at the last minute and added a bit of green. Maybe we can pretend the green is brown instead--LOL. Oh well, here's my card anyway.

I've used a vintage Tilda here, the Cross Stitch Tilda. I was able to find one DP with the right shade of orange that I wanted to use, but couldn't find another one. So I stamped my own DP as I do have a stamp ink pad with just that shade of orange to match. I used this for the 3 horizontal strips on the card. The colours of the card looks like orange and white in the pictures, but the white is really cream colour in real life.

Here's how I decorated the inside of the card.

Despite the goof-up, hope you like the card anyway. Thanks for dropping by.
Don't forget to visit the MDUC blog and see the fabulous cards from the DT members there.

Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful.

Stamps: Magnolia #254 Cross Stitch Tilda, Autumn Leaves clear stamp set Stampology Block Stamps 1.DP's: Chatterbox Sunny Flowers.
Stamp pad: Ranger Adirondack Brights dye-based ink pad Sunset Orange.
Tools: Martha Steward border punch and leave/branch punch.

17 comments:

Kellie said...

I didn't even notice I was too in awe over your amazing work! So who cares really and I must be going colour blind as I thought the hair was a dark brown when I first 'stared' at it, I see now it's not but meh it's a gorgeous, GORGEOUS card! I love it!
Kel xo

Debbie Pamment said...

I'm with Kellie - I too was sooo in awe I hadn't noticed there was no brown!! You've done sooo well just keeping it to orange and cream - that would have been tough, the green is a nice little touch!!! Personally I think the dark orange is sort of a light sepia brown in colour and therefore no goof was made - LOL.
Anyhow - with work this gorgeous I'm just pleased to have such great eye candy to look at!
xXx

cabio's craft corner said...

Norma, your card is just so amazing. If you don't mention, I didn't know you missed the brown. I was too busy looking at your beautiful creation!
Hugs,
Cabio

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous. Love the colors, even if brown isn't in it. Great job.

Nancy said...

Norma...your card is beautiful! I love it just the way it is all the flowers are so pretty! I love this Tilda and you colored her to perfection. Great job creating your own design paper. Just beautiful without the brown!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Your card is darling & no worries..........it looks brown on my computer.

Jacque said...

Very cute Norma...And those colors are beautiful but I don't think I have ever used orange...it is so stunning!! Little Tilda is darling and your created paper is NEAT-O...Hugs..Jacque

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Norma, you card is just adorable! no need of brown in there!! it is just perfect!
Hugs
Vivi

Sharon Caudle said...

What a beautiful card, Norma!! LOVE the layout and the colors you used are gorgeous. Gorgeous work girlfriend. I don't think anyone cares it doesn't have any brown! :) hugs!

Lisa T said...

Very sweet! :)

Shawn said...

Who needs brown, your card is perfect the way it is. I have been trying to think of a title for when I put it in the Tilda Gallery...Mustard Moon keeps coming back to me but I am not sure it fits. Do you have any idea what you would like to call it? SIMPLY GORGEOUS!!! You always have a knack at the perfect balance.

hugs,
Diana

Unknown said...

What a fab card! I love the orange. Some say that it is a hard color to use. Well, you just showed them this is to be wrong! Thanks
Sharon L

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
What a beautiful card!!! Sorry you forgot the brown, but I think you are the only one who is worried about it. This card is perfect and you have just shown us all what can be done with orange - it is gorgeous!!!! Your colouring is perfect as are all of your flowers.
Hugs, Candy

Kristie W. said...

What a beautiful card! You did a great job with all the orange/cream. I love how you did the inside too!

Laurel said...

Norma, I absolutely love these colors! This is a beautiful card - I love your details and your coloring is so pretty!! Hugs

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

This is gorgeous dear Norma. Love the layout and the colours you've used just so very pretty.

Thank you sweetie also for ALWAYS leaving me the sweetest comments on my blog.
Hugs Claudia

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh norma.. you made me giggle...
sometimes it is really hard hahaha..
i really must make them fast and get them mailed out
hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...