Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sunflower #2

Hello!

I haven't been very productive this week, but I finally got one card finished. I was trying to get this done earlier tonight, but kept getting distracted by the Michael Buble show that was on TV--I just luvvv…that guy. He's such a funny guy…and that voice! (Sigh.)



Anyway, this card was made using Beatrix's sketch for the Friday Sketchers Challenge # 57. Wonderful sketch! Thanks, Bea.

And… at the Just Magnolia challenge, for their week #10, "Our challenge this week is "Summer" - so any project that is inspired by Summer is what we are looking for."

If you ask me to name a summer flower, my first response would probably be sunflower. Sunflowers make me think of a time when I was cycling around Europe through fields and fields of sunflowers (this was in France, I think). It was such a lovely sight. Ah, those were the days. (Another sigh.) Okay, getting back! Of course, the obvious choice of a Magnolia image for this is the Tilda with Sunflower. What else!

(The colours look a bit weird in the pictures. In real life, the colours, especially the orange aren't so glaring--a bit more pastel/softer.)

Check out the sunflowers I made. The flower centre is made using a circle-with-zigzag-edges punch by Anna Griffin. I punched out a circle from brown cardstock. Then I criss-crossed black embroidery thread across it to form those little black squares. Can't think where, but I must have seen this done somewhere.

The inside of my card …

That's all folks! Nighty night. Time for some ZZZZZZ……..

(PS. I actually only managed to get this posted the morning after.)

Stamps: Magnolia #284 Tilda With Sunflower. DP's: My Mind's Eye Bloom Grow "Grow" Funky Vines and Checking Out.

20 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

What a darling card!!! Your sunflowers are fabulous!!

Chris said...

Wow...your sunflowers are AMAZING! What detail and workmanship went into those. :) Such a beautiful card, both inside and out! I'm so excited to be the sponsor this week at Friday Sketchers and I'm so happy that you played along this week.

Cheryl said...

Very cute. Colors are wonderful and I love the sunflowers.

Rach said...

gorgeous sweetie, very summery. thank you for joining us at just magnolia. hugs rachxx

Jodi said...

Very pretty card and coloring!! One of my favorite stamps too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love it.

Jacque said...

What a wonderful card!!! juat a lovely setting for little Tilda...Those sunflowers are gorgeous...Hugs..Jacque

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a cute card! And I love your creative sunflowers! That's using your noggin! LOL

Huggies ~

Sharron

Barb Hardeman said...

Never ceases to amaze me what stunning cards you produce. Beautiful sunflowers! Gorgeous warm and fun colors. Exceptional coloring!!!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Awwww, how totally sweet!! I love all the embellies!!
--Becca

cabio's craft corner said...

Norma, this is so cute. Your sunflowers are just so cute & wonderful!
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
You continue to inspire me with your wonderful cards. This one is no exception.
Your sunflowers are fabulous!! I love the colours and your colouring is supburb!
Hugs, Candy

Cami said...

Very pretty card and I love the colors you used. Your sunflower is awesome! Cami

Nancy said...

Norma...what a great card! Love the sunflowers. Beautiful job coloring as always and love the colors you selected. Great job!

Debbie Pamment said...

Those sunflowers you made are amazing- you are such a clever lady! Love the card too - that goes without saying - you know what a fan of yours I am!
xXx

Katie said...

Norma,
What a super card!
And those sunflowers are to die for!
Wonderful!

Karen Brooks said...

I think it is beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh my word norma..this is ADORABLE
hugs
claudia

dolcreations said...

This card is adorable. You are so good at finishing up your cards. I love how you do your insides! Fabulous!

Vivi Casale said...

Norma, what an adorable card you made! and the sunflowers are just perfect! you did an awesome job on them! Inside of your card is aldo adorable!

Hugs
Vivi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...