Saturday, December 05, 2009

Lantern Gift Box #2 and Candle

Happy Saturday!!!

I've got 2 different non-card projects this time.

I saw Beate Johns' video toturial on how to stamp on a candle and she made it look sooo... easy, that I just had to give it a try. The link was provided by WinterWonderland because that's their challenge: stamp a candle or decorate a candle holder. So this is my entry to their challenge.


This is my second lantern gift box. A lantern needs a candle, so what better gift box to place this candle in, hee hee. (The candle is just the right size too to fit into the box. Bought them at Canadian Tire--comes in a package of 2 for $4.99 CAN.)

I can use this project as my entry to the challenge at Passion for Promarkers. This is their Mega Christmas Challenge: ‘anything but a card - with a Christmas and New Year theme’.
A third challenge I can enter both these items into is the one at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge. Their theme is matching set.

I have no idea why I chose these non-traditional Christmas colours. I think I just wanted to get away from all the reds and greens for awhile and try something else--before going back to them, hee hee.

Actually my good friend Cami and Linda asked me for the measurements/templates to the earlier lantern box I made. I didn't jot them down the first time. So in order to do the templates, I have to recreate the lantern gift box--only too happy to do so. So now I have another gift box and the templates done. While I was doing that, I took lots of pictures. Just in case anybody else is interested, I'm working on a tutorial to go along with the templates so they're easier to understand.
Edited. I've just posted the tutorial for the lantern gift box. If you're interested, you can find it HERE.


Enjoy your weekend.


Stamps: Magnolia Silent Night Tilda
DP's: from Making Memories Autumn Splendor collection.







27 comments:

Stampin Mindy said...

How adorable! Love the colors and your coloring. I've never seen one of these before it's really cute!

Debbie Pamment said...

You are a STAR!!! What a fabulous gift set and I'm sooo going to make one of these amazing boxes when you get the tutorial done!!! Incredible work as always!
Lotsaluv
xXx

Jacque said...

Beautiful job, Norma...she is absolutely stunning!!! Such a magnificent project!! Love those non-traditional colors too...Hope your weekend is delightful...Hugs...Jacque

Sharon Caudle said...

Norma, this is so gorgeous!!! What an amazing gift! Absolutely beautiful! hugs!

Barb Hardeman said...

How adorable this gift set is, Norma. I can't tell you how much I miss not having a Canadian Tire down here!! I've done the candles before, but you've taken it to a much higher level. Love your work...hugs...Barb

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
Your candle and lantern gift box are lovely.
Super colours too. What a terrific job on the stamping of the candle. I must give this a go.
I am looking forward to the tutorial of the lantern. Beautiful creations.
hugs Marion

Cami said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Norma! Wow! Your candle came out so pretty and I love this lantern box you made for it. What a lovely gift it makes. Your non-traditional Christmas colors are beautiful...love it. Fantastic job! Hugs, Cami

Anonymous said...

Wow, Norma, that's beautiful! What a wonderful gift this would be to receive. I can't wait to see your tutorial - would be wonderful teacher's gifts too! hugs, Angela

Nilla said...

You did a great job, they are both stunning! I manage to melt the candle instead, lol! Hugs Nilla

Jodie from Oz said...

Norma, These are so beautiful, I love the colours you've chosen. I am with Debbie and can't wait for your tutorial to make one of these beauties. Such a perfect gift with the matching candle and you colour so wonderfully. Thanks again for the inspiration.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

Wow this is fabulous Norma, y0ur such a clever lady.
Kristy x

stephanne said...

Now this one is for me, right?? Haha, just kidding. Love the nontraditional colours, phew, there is a lot of red and green and blue out there this time of year!! Gorgeous colours and a lovely set, I don't know how anyone could bring themselves to burn this!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Jackie Thomas said...

Wow, you've done it again Norma. These are truly stunning. xo Jackie

Karen Arthur said...

Wow, what a fabulous project. You did a wonderful job and it is just gorgeous. I have not tried this but you are getting me inspired.
Hugs, Karen A

doris said...

Wow this is soooo fabulous Norma!!

xox doris

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, what a gift idea!

Saskia said...

WOW!!!! Lovely work!!!

Saskia :)

Teri said...

WOW! This is fantastic! Not only a gorgeous candle, but a fabulous lantern to put it in!! Wonderful!
Thanks for sharing at WW this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Krista said...

Wow, how beautifully made, I love it, so very nice!!

Drea´s World said...

Wow is sooo graet thanks for the great Pictures!
Hugs Drea

CraftyC said...

These are gorgeous Norma, a perfcet match!
Clairex

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Norma, wow what a stunning set. The colours are beautiful and the images are perfect. I love the lantern box - it looks so professional! Thanks for joining in with our mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Stampin'Piper said...

Absoulutely stunning my dear! Love the colours and the lantern is wonderful!

Big Hugs Tanja

Ramona Michaluk said...

WOW.more fabulous projects - this set is awesome ! Love the gift box and the candle - such beautiful, rich colours. Thank you for sharing your amazing work with us all - you give us so much inspiration.
Will definitely have to try out these ideas !
Just love your work.
Hugs,
Ramona xx

Helen said...

These are gorgeous!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

lil-paper-pixie said...

Fantastic project Norma....I will be having a go at a candle and gift box now........perfect christmas gift, thanks for playing along at Passion for Promarkers & good luck.

Hugs

Sarah

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous project Norma. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...