Sunday, December 06, 2009

Merry Christmas

Happy Sunday!

We got a break in the weather and it's sunny outside this morning. But brrr.....baby, it's cold outside! It was 3 degrees Celcius!!!

A new challenge at Magnolia Down Under--this is Challenge #28. Our theme is Bedazzled - "As they say Tis the Season and glitter, Bling, dazzling Diamonds, Stickles, charms, Rhinestones etc the list is endless go hand in hand. "

This weeks sponsor is Magnolia Down Under *STORE* and the prize this fortnight is the stamp for this adorable image of Christmas Eve Tilda.

I hope you will check out the creations of the other DT members at MDUC. And the details of their project can be found on their individual blogs.

I've chosen these non-traditional Christmas colours for my Christmas card because this card is part of a gift set. The colours here are to match the other items in the set.

I'm using this card as my entry into the following challenges:

The card-and-gift set is for my Mom, so it fits the theme for the Monthly Special Challenge at Just Magnolia Week 34 -- make a card for Someone Special.


I used this sketch provide for Lili of the Valley's Challenge 42. I've flipped the sketch over to its side.

The theme for Stamp With Fun Challenge 35 is Xmas.

The theme for Cute Card Thursday Challenge 89 - Swirly Girly!
The theme for Creative Card Crew Challenge 39 is Christmas.

The theme for Stamp Something is Glitzy Somethings
Here's a closeup to show off the glitz and glitters, etc.

I've applied glitters to the scallop edges of the circle, to Tilda's fur trim and to the falling snowflakes and swirls in the background. Added rhinestones to the orange swirls and the huge punched snowflake.

That's it! Lots to do, lots to do!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for all the lovely comments. I really, really do appreciate each and every one of them. They make my day.



This is the entire card and gift set for my Mom.



Stamps: Magnolia Silent Night Tilda.
DP's from Making Memories Autumn Splendor collection.
Tool: Martha Stewart Large Snowflake punch, EK Success Swirl punch.
Misc. : me&my BIG ideas Icon rhinestones, Mark Richards pearls.

26 comments:

heidy said...

Hi Norma,
Love this image,the coulors are gorgeous
Hugs Heidy

Stampin Mindy said...

Love these colors! I need to venture out and use some different colors. Thanks for the inspiration this is just beautiful!

Mel said...

Your Mum is going to love her gift, it's just stunning ~ Mel x

Myrna said...

Beautiful! Then again orange is my favorite color.
Always love seeing your newest creation.

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous love her colours!

Kellie said...

WOW Norma not only do I like it, I LOVE it! And the colours are just soooo different and they look stunning! Your talent never seems to disappoint that's for sure. What an amazing inspiration to all playing along with us this fortnight, a huge thank you.
Hugs Kel xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Norma, Wow such a beautiful gift set & I'm sure your Mum will love it. The colours are stunning and I am looking forward to making one of these gift boxes with your tutorial. Tilda is adorable all glitzed & glammored with these wonderful rhinestoned snowflakes. Great inspiration for all playing along at MDUC.
Hugs Jodie from Oz

Drea´s World said...

WOW is sooo beautiful my Lovelycolor Orange and Green I love them!
Hugs from Germany your Drea

dolcreations said...

Norma your mom is going to love this piece of art work! She won't be putting this away after Christmas it is just too beautiful. Love the non traditional colours! Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. I love to hear from you!

Denise said...

WOW, how beautiful!! Such great detail & love went into this.

Debbie Pamment said...

Beee - aaaa -uuu- tiful as always!!! Love your cards but don't like the sound of your weather - LOL.
xXx

Mandy said...

This is stunning..your moum is going to love her gift set...thank you for the tutorial can feel the need to make my lovely mum one for christmas...
Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

This is positively stunning. What a magnificent gift for your mother---she will surely treasure this! Hugs, Christina C.

Patricia Garcia said...

Awesome gift, beautiful colors and pretty coloring!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Only By His Grace said...

Your card is beautiful Norma. I love to click on the pictures to bring them up close and see all the detail. I love how you have done her coat with the glitter on the fur. Real classy.
I'll have a bit of your weather. It's very hot here and hard to get things done.
hugs Marion

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow, Norma! I loved your other lantern but this set is just gorgeous! Your tutorial looks very interesting and I wish I had the time to do it. Your instructions are so clear. I talked to my friends in Chilliwack today and their looking for blizzard conditions this weekend. Hope that nasty weather passes you by! Keep warm...hugs...Barb

Jodi said...

This is just so adorable!! Love the matching lantern and card!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Karen Arthur said...

What a beautiful card. The colors are perfect for this and the papers too. The swirls and snowflake are great too... awesome.
Hugs Karen

Tracey said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! I love it!!

LINDA said...

Simply Gorgeous!! WOW.. Your blog is just amazing!!!You are so talented..So many Beautiful creations..
Hugs, Linda

Krista said...

What a fab card, I love the colors and the papers are just so beautifull! Not to mention the stamp, so sweet!

http://ingridsknitting.blogspot.be/ said...

Another beautiful card Nora, I love the colors .... very nicely done!

doris said...

This is so beautiful!!!

hugs
doris

Candy said...

Oh Norma!!! How beautiful!!! Your work gets better everyday. What an awesome gift for your mother ( or anybody! ) Beautifully coloured as always..... love your colours. Thanks for the tutorial. I may have to wait until next year to try it - but I will!!
Hugs, Candy

Lisa H. said...

soooo pretty. love the colors and your bling. thanks for playing with stamp something.

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! Wow! WOWZERS! These are pulchritudinous! truly beautiful pieces of art! You are always such an inspiration,Norma!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...