Sunday, April 04, 2010

Hoppy Spring - In2stamps April Challenge

Hello! Oops, I am a bit late with this posting.

Happy April! A new month! That means a new challenge at In2stamps. The theme for April is...Spring. The prize is 16 sheets Marianne Design Eline's Vintage patterned papers and three In2stamps stamps of your choice. You can find out all the details for the challenge here at the In2stamps Challenge Blog and also check out the wonderful creations of the other DT members. This is my card for the challenge.

I've chosen this Flower Bunny from the Get Well Collection. And this is the funny part... It's simply because I found this sentiment stamp that says 'Hoppy Spring' and I wanted to use that for the card. The only image I could think of that would match the sentiment is our resident bunny here. I've used her before as a Valentine bunny. Now she is playing the role of the white Easter bunny...hee hee...she is very versatile. Isn't that a hoot, though! Usually it's the other way around--you choose your image first and then find whatever sentiment will go with it...LOL. It was a lucky find for me too, as it only cost me $1.50 at Michaels. I've punch out a tiny circle from white felt and glued that on the bunny's tail to give it a bit of fluff--I think you can only see if you magnify the picture.

With spring finally arriving--and yes, it's really Spring here!--I see a lot of clematis vines flowering around me and that gave me the idea of using it on my card. Or rather that's what I was trying to create. I love clematis.

Also, I wanted to connect the top/front of the card to the bottom section of the easel card, so I've used the flowering vine to do that. I've also made it so that even when you lay the card flat, the vine design also continues. Well, I really like how this has turned out. Me thinks...LOL...I will do this vine thing again...and again...

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you've enjoyed your weekend. Woohoo for me, I get an extra day off tomorrow--more time for crafting!


Stamps: In2stamps Bunny with Flower Bunny from the Get Well Collection, Crafts Mart sentiment stamp 'Hoppy Spring' from Michaels $1.50 bin.
DP: Art Impressions Green Ivy.
Tools: EK Success border punch, EK Success small retro flower punch, flower centre punch from Michaels $1.50 bin, Punch Bunch leaf punch.
Misc.: Recollections pearl stickers.







18 comments:

Lizzy said...

Such a beautiful card~ luv the image, fab colour combo & great card shape ~ very inspirational... Thank you xx lizzy xx

Penni said...

I love your card Norma, especially the way the flowers flow from the bottom to the top of the card. Gorgeous.

Hugs
Penni
X

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
This easel card is a masterpiece.
It's beautiful. I love the bunny and was trying to find where the bunny tail was and then I saw it on the sentiment. How cute.
I love how you did the vine with the flowers. your colouring is gorgeous. I love the colours.
Hugs Marion

RoseSommer said...

I agree with Penni; how lovely it is when the flowering vine continues. Real art! I'll use this idea soon, - very soon! Happy spring to you from Kari/Rosesommer in Norway.

Irena said...

Very beautiful card :)

Tracy said...

A most beautiful and creative Easel card Norma. I love the trailing flowers, If i'd have had a leaf punch I would have asked if I could have pinched the idea. It's so pretty and inventive.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This card is wonderful. I love this flowers.

Patricia Garcia said...

Awesome card Norma, pretty colors too! This cute Bunny is my Fave!!

Hugs,
Patricia

dolcreations said...

Wow Wow wow...Norma another beauty card here to admire! I was just sitting down to make a card, and was not sure what direction to go! I love the oval idea for the easel card! I hope you do not mind if I take that idea from your gorgeous card! Your flowers flowing on your card is brilliant! I tell ya...you have such great ideas up that sleeve of yours! Have a wonderful Easter Monday!

Nancy said...

Norma--this is such a fun and happy card...your colors are perfect and I really love how you have the flowers going up the card like you do. AWESOM!!!!

Hugs
Nancy T.

Pink Heather said...

Wow. Gorgeous. I love the trail of mini flowers!

Marlene said...

This is gorgeous! Love the little flower trail!

Eulanda said...

Oh I LOVE the vine thing you created on here! You are so clever!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Norma this is totally stunning that image is gorgeous and I just adore your colours and design especially the flowers leading from top to bottom so creative I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Andrea said...

Hi Norma, today I found your blog and all your cards and projects are so beautiful!!!
xAndrea

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Jodie from Oz said...

Norma, Wow, love the shape of this one, and the flower trail is wonderful. hugs Jodie from Oz

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow, Norma, I love those cute flowers you spread on this easal card. Very pretty touch for this cute card!
Hgus,
Cabio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...