Thursday, October 14, 2010

Broom Tilda - mini easel card

Happy Thursday!

This is my first mini easel card!!! This is so much fun to make that I wonder that I haven't done one before now. And this adorable apprentice witch..lol..is named Sitting Witch Tilda and I leaned here against the Pumpkin & Leaves. Both images are from Magnolia and you can purchase them at Diana's store, Magnolia-licious. If she doesn't have them in stock, you can just ask her and she will order them in for you.


I gave my Big Shot machine quite a work out. I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities. I have the various circle and scalloped-circle sets, but I don’t know which sizes I used for this card. I just played around with the die cuts to see which circle fits into which scalloped circle which fits into which circle which fits into which…and so on—you get the picture.

This mini card is only as big as your largest die cut. In this case it is 4 1/8 inches in diameter. And of course this is an easel card, which makes it even cuter when it’s that small. Hmm…new obsession maybe?



Ooh, lots of challenges that I can use this card to enter with. It seems to be the time of year where everyone focuses on Halloween.

Let’s Ink It Up - Challenge #4 – Halloween colours.
Double Dutch – Challenge 54 – Boo to you!
Papertake Weekly – 3 of a kind. I’m sure I have at least 3 of a lot of things here, but the most obvious is there are 3 base circles.
Everybody-Art-Challenge 112 – Halloween.
Crafts and Me - Challenge 15 – Halloween.
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Challenge 21 – Halloween project.
Stamp Something – Something punchy challenge.
Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge104 – Distressing.



I was inspired to make this card when I saw Marianne's card and you can see hers in her posting here. This being a mini card, there is hardly any space to write your personal messages on, so there is a third circle that has been added. This is secured with a brad and you can swing this to and fro to reveal the hidden circle underneath. She is one smart cookie! I just luuvvv…this idea.

Thanks for dropping by. Your visit is much appreciated. Enjoy your day. Just one more day after today before the weekend. Woo hoo…

Stamps: Sitting Witch Tilda and Pumpkin & Leaves, both from Magnolia's So Spooky Collection 2009.

DP: Provo Craft Tim Coffey Fall Pumpkins and another DP that isn't marked at the back so I don't know it's name.

Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large and Small, Petite Ovals Large and Small, Classic Scalloped Circles Large and Small, Petite Scalloped Circles Large and Small, Big Shot machine.

Embellishments: Recollections pearl brad and Autumn Collection pearls.
Misc: Tim Holtz distress ink pad Vintage Photo.

33 comments:

dolcreations said...

Norma this is awesome... I just love the pull out to write a little note! Cute Cute Cute!

Unknown said...

Stunning easel card, you have coloured Tilda so beautifully. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge and hope you come back soon. Cheers Suzanne

Christina C. said...

Wow, this really is very clever...love it!!!! Tilda is colored magnificently.

CraftyC said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous Norma. Love the colours on this and a great shaped card!
Clairex

Sammy said...

That is so lovely. Very very Cute.

Love,

-Samya :-)

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma,
Another super card. This is so cute. the colours are awesome and I love the pumpkin DP. Must try one of these.
Hugs Marion

Pat said...

I absolutely love this card. Thanks for playing with Lets ink It Up.

Danielle Champagne said...

Hi Norma, Isn't sitting witch Tilda fun to color? I am working on a card with this image. Your colorng is beautiful, love the black dress. very clever way to add space to write ! Beautiful work.
Hugs.
Danielle.

Lia said...

beautiful card norma I lvoe the colors and the stamp cute
hugs Lia

debby4000 said...

Oh what a sweetheart of a card, its adorable.
luv
Debby

Debbie Pamment said...

Ooooooh LOVE the idea of the extra card!!!! I love making mini easels and this is a fabulous touch! It goes without saying that your card is GORGEOUS!
xXx

Dena said...

Fantastic idea Norma! You are too clever! I love the extra circle you included!!!!! Beautiful card!
Hugs, Dena

PCM said...

Oh, this is ADORABLE!! I LOVE it - all the layering and the triple base. TFS

Kendra said...

What a great idea for a third circle! Love it. Great orange color as well! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up!

Helen said...

Norma, this is GORGEOUS!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Another homerun for you Norma. Oh, this card is so adorable and your coloring is so exceptional! Not only is it a mini Easel card but now you've added an extra panel to use for writing. I checked out Marianne's blog but couldn't find her card. Would you conisder putting up directions on your blog??? PLEASE????? Such a delightful card...I Love everyhting about it....hugs...Barb

Myrna said...

Norma, I LOVE, LOVE this card! I've always loved small things. I have to make one of these cards. Thanks for sharing this and giving a link to finding the directions for it. Beautiful work!

Renkata said...

Norma, that is some fantastic design. Great DP and these cute Tilda with the big pumpkin is amazing.

downrightcrafty said...

wow what a super easel card, love the image and the inner hidden base such a fabulous idea, truely stunning with all the distressing too
Hugs Kate xx
SCSC GDT

Netty said...

Terrific Halloween card, love your design and the little Tilda. Thank you for playing at LIIU. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Norma this little Mini Easel card is simply beautiful and the coloring is wonderful. I love it and will have to give it a try. TFS
hugs

Rene said...

Oh she is FANTASTIC! Love everything about this beautiful card! :D

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Norma! I LOVE everything about it! Awesome Tilda coloring...awesome shape easel and love how you did the bottom! COOL! TFS! AND your photo presentation w/the trees in the background is over the top! I LOVE coming here! : )
Pam Going Postal

Shirl said...

Awww Norma can't wait to make one of these it is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Shirley

Louise said...

Hi Norma
Beautiful card, what a fantastic layout. I am so jealous of your coloring
hugs
Louise

charlene said...

Norma you card is just adorable... I have yet to try a mini easel just may have to give it a go ! Awesome coloring , perfect colors and paper.
Hugs

Linda Palmer said...

Absolutely gorgeous, your coloring and the card.

Cami said...

Norma, what can I say? INCREDIBLE! What a delightful mini easel card with that clever hidden note area! I love this smaller size and the focal point makes a great inpact, especially with your beautiful coloring! Yes, you are incredible...I always enjoy seeing your creations. What an inspiration you are! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Cami

Claire said...

Norma your mini easel card is totally gorgeous!! I love it, such a little cutie and so beautifully coloured too. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck and hope to see you again soon :-)
Claire xx

Auntie Em said...

How cute! Love the colouring on your little witch!
Thanks for sharing! :o)

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous mini easel card, sweet Tilda image and cute coloring. Fun shape!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Agnieszka M said...

Norma, your card is amazing. I love it (your stamp, design and colours are great).
Thanks for joining us at Lets Ink It Up this time. Good Luck.

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Chelsea said...

Cute card, love the pearls. Thanks for getting fussy and fancy with us this challenge. Stop back soon to play along.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...