Sunday, October 03, 2010

Hang a Shining Star...

Hello! Happy Sunday!

I really wasn't going to make another Christmas card so soon after the last one, but when I found my order from Magnolia-licious in my mailbox, I just couldn't wait to stamp and start colouring this Magnolia image of the oh, so adorable Star Tilda.


For the card, I've used Nixe-Moni's wonderful sketch pictured here that she created for the challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.

This card is also for the following challenges:
Totally Tilda - Challenge # 6 - Glitter and Sparkle.
Diecut Dreams Christmas Club - Challenge 37 - Glitter Ribbons and Gems.
ABC Christmas Challenge - T is for Tree.
Charisma Cardz - Challenge # 39 - Christmas crafting.
Just Magnolia - Week 75 - Anything Goes.
Stamp Something Challenge - Something to Celebrate.
ABC Challenge - E is for Easel Card.
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge # 103 - Easel Card.

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #79 - Layer It On!


I took parts from the the lyrics of the Christmas song "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and use them as my sentiments. So...no stamps for these, both are computer generated.

I've actually used quite a bit of glitter on this card. I've outlined the edges of both the base DP squares with my glue stick pen and dipped them in glitter. All the star punchies are also covered with glitter. These pictures don't really show the effect of the glitter, but if you see this card in a dimmer light, it twinkles at you...LOL.

This card ended up being more colorful than I had planned. I usually choose the DP's that I want to use on my card first and then colour my image with the colours taken from the DP's. But this time, because I couldn't wait, I went ahead and colour my Tilda and ended up with yellow and green colour combo. Ooh...she's got freckles on her nose! So cute. So her image herself isn't too colourful, but I found this Bo Bunny paper and it just added a whole bunch of colours to the card.

I've been finishing my easel cards this way. By adding, to the top part of the inside of the card, a half-card panel to write my personal messages on and a Handmade 'logo'. And in fact, I've gone back to some of my older easel cards still in my collection and added these finishing touches as well.

Thanks so much for dropping by. I know your time is precious, so I appreciate the spare moment that you took for a visit. Have a wonderful and hopefully productive weekend.


Stamp: Magnolia Star Tilda from the A Merry Little Christmas 2010--available from Magnolia-licious.
DP's: Making Memories Spring Collection double-sided Brocade Spring, Bo Bunny's.
Tools: Martha Stewart border and corner punches Lattice, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Eight, EK Success star punches, Fiskars corner punch (for the small stars).
Miscellaneous: Tim Holtz distress ink pad Tea Dye, Sakura Quickie Glue stick pen, Jewel Glitter Ritz micro-fine glitter light gold, some shiny pearls/rhinestones and ribbon from my stash--don't know who makes them.

50 comments:

Unknown said...

So nice card! Thanks for sharing :)

Fiona said...

wow this is stunning.

Fi
x

dolcreations said...

This is such a beauty Norma. I love the papers that you used and how you used the dark green to really accent all the edges! LOVE how little Tilda is in the inside on the bottom corner. PERFECTION!!!!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Beautiful easel card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC:)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Anonymous said...

so AWESOME Norma! I can tell you had a good time creating away with this Tilda! She's a doll! love her freckles and lovely coloring!!!
Pam Going Postal

Karen said...

Really lovely, love the colours, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx

Debbie said...

Just lovely Norma. No wonder you couldn't wait to colour her in, she is delightful, I love that freckly nose!!
Good job. Debbiexx

Patti Jo said...

You are amazing! Love your work! So inspirational!!! Nice touch with the "floating stars" too! Another fantastic card Norma!!!

CraftyC said...

She's gorgeous Norma and the papers are just beautiful!
Clairexx

Julie said...

FAbulous Christmas card, Norma!! Love this image and your colours and papers are fab together! Juliexx

Baukje said...

Such a sweet little Tilda with the cutest nose and coloured absolutely perfectly,
Baukje

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Norma this is stunning I love, love, love that Tilda image which you have coloured so beautifully and the papers and design are superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lynne said...

Beautiful card - gorgeous colouring - just perfect! thanks for joining in at Totally Tilda xx Lynne xx

Stephanie said...

The shading you did in her dress is just phenomenal. Lovely, lovely card.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is just beautiful! I love the way you colored the folds on Tilda's dress. Really stunning! Love the touches of gold glitter on your papers too! Beautiful job! hugs, Angela

Barb Hardeman said...

Norma, this is just the most stunning card! Firstly, I love that Christmas Tree DP - I have some and have been hoarding it. To me it looks like porcelain! Secondly, your Tilda's are so beautifully colored in that pretty green and the Tilda with the nestie shapes is gorgeous. Thirdly, I love the golden stars and ribbon - awesome touch. Lastly, I love the way you finished the inside flap of your card with your signature stamp and a place for a comment. You did a wonderful job on this card.
Hugs,
Barb

Rene said...

Oh this is so very very pretty! I love those sweet little freckles :D
Your papers are just perfect too! Love your coloring...ok, I love it all!!! ;)

Peggie said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Love the coloring on Tilda's dress.

Gloria Dawson said...

Norma your card is absolutely stunning! I went back and looked at it a couple of times just so I won't miss any of the beautiful details! Love the way you finished the inside....may use this idea myself if you don't mind!

Blessings,
Gloria

linda said...

This is really beautiful!! I love it all!

Anonymous said...

Oh Norma, She's just gorgeous!!! I love the idea of adding your personalized stamp. Your coloring is wonderful! I heart her freckles!
hugs,
Shell

Unknown said...

Oh Norma...how absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! I seriously love this card...makes me want to stay home tomorrow and make Christmas cards!! I love your coloring...and DPs...and I love how you have the little Tilda in the lower right-hand corner. (I may have to "borrow" that idea from you!!) Pat Frank

charlene said...

Norma your card is just beautiful as always, the detail and coloring perfect. TFS
Hugs

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma,Yes.... thanks giving is next monday, already. On that day, we will be about half the month of October, that fast... then, it will be the race for Christmas. What a wonderful card. I am in love with your papers, OH' so beautiful. Your layout is gorgeous, and with all these fantastic layers, may I invite you to play along with us at Stamptacular where this week's challenge is "Layer-it-on"...
Hugs.
Danielle

Cabio Tse said...

My goodness gracious Norma. You did beautiful card and the inside is so pretty too. Love the awesome DP and the festive theme!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Norma!!

Candy said...

Absolutely wonderful card, Norma. Beautiful papers and your colouring of Tilda and her dress is fabulous! Love that you used the Christmas song for your sentiment. Also the stars and gold ribbon is a wonderful accent.
Hugs ~

Lia said...

wonderful card norma I love the papers and the new tilda is to cute
hugs lia

KayBeScraps said...

wow.. sooo beautiful.. ♥♥♥♥
Hugs, Katrin

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fabulous Norma, and you're right, this little Tilda is adorable. The DP's work perfectly with the image and colors.
hugs

Cami said...

Beautiful card, inside and out, Norma! Love the glitter and sparkle! It's never too soon to start making Christmas cards! I never tire of seeing your beautiful creations! Hugs, Cami

Silvie Z said...

Awesome Christmas card, Norma! Love your color combo! And those DPs are so beautiful on your card! And love the idea of writing a personal message on the pannel!
Wonderful card!
Hugs,
Silvie
xxx

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE the double frame around your gorgeous Tilda - fabulous card as always!
xXx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so adorable, gorgeous card Norma.
luv
Debby

Tracy Valure said...

Norma! Beautiful job with the dress! Your pleats or whatever you call them look wonderful!

Tracy

Teri said...

So, so pretty!! The colors you chose are perfect!!! Love this stamp!!
Hugs,
teri

chrissy xx said...

This really is Gorgeous. LOve your colours. Thank you for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
Chrissyxx

Gem said...

oh what a pretty creation! Thanks for joining in this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Christine said...

Hi gorgeous glittery Tilda creation thanks for sharing & joining us at Totally Tilda chall.

smiles Christine xx

Clare Lloyd said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us @ DCD Christmas challenge. Good Luck. Clare (GD)

Tracey Feeger said...

Absolutely stunning as always Norma. I love the images you used and perfect colouring all round. Wonderful job. Great DP. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Deb said...

Beautiful, Norma!

Lori said...

I am in love, i have to have this Tilda now, gorgeous, I love how you used the bobunny papers, thanks for joining us at the Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge, hope to see you back again!

Iris Wiechmann said...

Norma this is gorgeous! Love how you colored Tilda and the DP you've used is so pretty. TFS

Hugs,
Iris

Christina C. said...

I love, love, love your MAGNIFICENT card! This Christmas easel card is drop-dead gorgeous! The dp is fabulous and your coloring of this image is phenomenal.

Betty Wright said...

Beautifully adorable easel card design, Norma! Wonderful detailing and layers! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Annette said...

What a delightful easel card! Such wonderful layers & papers! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Bev said...

Fabulous card, the colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x

Carolyn said...

What a gorgeous card. I love all the layers and easel cards are my favorite. Love all the gold on your card. Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous creation with us for our Layer It On Challenge at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Adria Slauterbeck said...

That's a great sketch and your interoperation is magnificent! what a gorgeous Christmas card.

Thank you for sharing your "layers" of creativity with us over at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...