Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cherish

Hello and a happy Tuesday! This being the 4th Tuesday of the month, it's time for a new inspiration challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. And here's my DT card.

I was trying to make it look like she is taking a ride on the wings of the butterfly--although she really isn't...LOL.




Anyway, for the month of May it's my turn to be the hostess and I chose this picture.

I was at Home Depot in their paint department and they have an aisle section where they have Behr Paint colour samples. I was leafing through one of the Behr booklets and saw this picture. I looked at the chairbacks and that was my inspiration for this card...LOL. The chairbacks made me think of a layout that I could use. Do you see it? The 4 triangles to form a square? That's what made me choose this picture. I didn't even think about the colour scheme here--any colours would have done. But I decided to use it for my card anyway and I'm loving this combo.

The gorgeous butterfly image is from Magnolia and it's called Large Butterfly from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011 (available from Diana's on-line store Magnolia-licious).

I'm trying a new type of card (new to me...LOL) called a cross-over card--at least that's one of the name that I found for it.





Yes, I did glue the Big Butterfly image first to a black cardstock before I cut it out, so the back of it wouldn't look so messy.



Here's a closer look of the inside image. I've used a couple more of Magnolia images here, Beautiful Tilda (I adore this stamp!) from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011 and Big Daisy from the Jingle Jangle Collection 2008. All Magnolia things of course are available from Magnolia-licious. Oh and you don't want to miss checking out the new Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011--ready for pre-order!!!



I found a little poem on the internet that I like, so I thought I would use that as the sentiment for the inside of the card: (by unknown author)

Love is like a butterfly
It goes where it pleases
And it pleases wherever it goes.

Love is like a butterfly
Hold it too tight, it'll crush
Hold it too loose, it'll fly.




I am entering the following challenges with this card:

Creatalicious Challenge #22 - Flourishes
Paper Sundaes - Challenge #70 - Pop It Up!
Sundays with Crissy -Challenge #17 - Flowers
Flutterby Wednesday - Open Challenge
A Spoonful of Sugar - Challenge 153 - Things with Wings
Sir Stampalot - May Challenge - Magical Worlds



I wanted to show you what I did to the eyes of the butterfly. I've dabbed on some acrylic gloss medium to make it look shiny and glassy. Hope you can see the sheen. This took half a day to dry by the way.



That's it for me! Hope you will come and join us in our challenge. Please visit the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and have a look at the other DT ladies' cards to inspire you further.

Thanks so much for dropping by. Appreciate the visit and just luvvv... reading you comments. Have a wondeful week. And go and create!!!



Materials and tools used:

DP's: Basic Grey Wisteria Jardin, Keeping Memories Alive Lavender Stripe, unknown yellowish cardstock with the art nouveau design on it.

Tools: Go Create Die, Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die Elegant Flourishes, Martha Stewart monarch butterfly punches large and small, EK Success Paper Shapers Photo Corner Curved punch, McGill Baby Blooms punch, Michaels $1.50 flower punch, Punch Bunch Ash Leaf Small punch.

Misc: Half-Pearls from my stash, DeSerres acrylic gloss medium.

Medium: Letraset Promarker, ShinHan Touch and Letraset Pantone Tria markers, Prismacolor Premier, Faber-Castell Polychromos and Derwent Coloursoft coloured pencils.

48 comments:

Sally said...

Really stunning card. Love the layout and fantastic colouring.
Hugs Sally xxx

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
I love the shape of this card and how you have the butterfly on the edge. The butterfly is colored to perfection. Great work on the eyes. I love the DP's you have used.
The inside looks lovely. I love how you did the sides.
Tilda looks gorgeous. I love that purple. I love the flowers she is sitting on as well and the clouds look great.
Hugs Maz

cabio's craft corner said...

Super cute folds and the fun way you sit Tilda on the flowers. Very sweet and pretty card Norma :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous!!

Silvie Z said...

wow Norma, you did it again! Such a gorgeous shaped card! I really like how the card opens! The big butterfly is so pretty - wonderful coloring by the way! Love the inside too! WOW!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Chrissy said...

Absolutely stunning work Norma...a really beautiful card, and the colouring is amazing.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Denise said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Norma xx

Dena said...

Awwweeee! She looks precious on those flowers! Love your photo inspiration pick! Beautiful card and amazing coloring Norma!
Hugs, Dena

Lori said...

Oh wow, this is an amazing card, there is just so much detail and beauty and the colouring is brilliant!

charlene said...

Norma my jaw just hit the table when I saw this beautiful card...you are just amazing !
Well done
Hugs

Hope C. said...

What can I say... GORGEOUS! Your shading is incredible and done with colored pencils no less - AMAZING! If you have a tutorial on how you shade sign me up - I want to learn from the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Norma! Another work of art! Your cards must be treasured by everyone who receives one. This is just beautiful! Gorgeous papers and combination of images. Your coloring is wonderful too!

Thanks for a month of fun challenges! hugs, Angela

Janine - Ellabella said...

This is so freakin' adorable. Everything about it but that is something I always say about your delightful make me smile kinda cards.

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, hold on a second while I pick my jaw up from the floor. It just dropped there looking at your card. Goodness this is so darn pretty, and the design is so well thought out, I'm VERY impressed. Hugs, Frea

Shanna Shands said...

Super cute!

Candy said...

Norma,
Your card is outstanding!!
Your colouring is awesome -love those eyes on the butterfly.
Beautiful papers. Love your cross-over shape.
Fantastic ideas and images you have used :o)
Hugs, Candy

Sally H said...

A fabulous card - such lovely colours! Thanks for joining us in our magical world at Sir stampalot and good luck!

brenda said...

A delightful card Norma.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot this month and good luck.

B x

pinky said...

Wow Norma its absolutely stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Christina C. said...

WOW....I am speechless! This is an exceptionally gorgeous creation.

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Norma dear, THIS IS VERYVERY STUNNING!!!! Love your picture and the story behind your card...

And YES she looks like she is riding the big butterfly..
hugs, Janiel

Karen said...

This is gorgeous! : )

Rene said...

Oh wow!!!! Norma this is beautiful!!!
Rene :D

Barb Hardeman said...

OMG! Norma this card is absolutely stunning! Your coloring is so amazing, exquisite in every detail. Your pairing of the dp's is gorgeous, you've achieved such fabulous depth. I'm speechless! (ya, right!)
Big hugs...Barb

Kelly Schelske said...

Norma this is just amazing! I love all of the details, fab coloring, gorgeous colors, amazing details!

Card Crazy said...

Your artist's eye is amazing. This is such a lovely creation, just another in your repertoire.
Sue S.

PinksyDoodles said...

This is amazing Norma. I particularly love how it looks when it is open.
Thank you for joining our "Magical Worlds" challenge at Sir Stampalot.
Clare x

Auntie Em said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the design and the pretty colours.
Thanks for sharing! :)

cathylynn said...

Norma I'm practically speechless at the Beauty of this card. Your colors and coloring are OUTSTANDING!! Great layout and details!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Lisette Morris said...

Wow Norma!! Stunning! I love the opening and the sentiments. Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

What a really unique and fun folded card!! I adore the pretty colors and design!! :)

Danielle Champagne said...

OMG!!! Norma... now...your card is really makingme regret not buying this Tilda...HOW pretty you have made her, and showcased her. Wonderful. Gorgeous folding!
Hugs.é

Francesca said...

A Brilliant card
Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month

Hugs
Francesca

Kelly said...

your card is just simply gorgeous.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mary Lou said...

WOW Norma this is SENSATIONAL!!!! Great colors together and cool idea for layout!! AWESOME detail hun!!!
Marvelous as usual!!
Hugz

cheryl said...

oh this is one stuning card the design,and detail is just amazing,
,bless you for playing at creatalicious this week hugs cheryl xxxxx

duchessdee said...

Absolutely one of the most gorgeous (if not the MOST gorgeous cards I have ever seen!! Took my breath away. Dee

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Norma,
I've been away so long that I haven't seen this stamp before. Love your card and I'm so glad to see that you are still creating out side of the box. Keep on crafting!
Have a fantastic Memorial Day.
Hugs,
Leslie

Amanda R said...

Beautiful card, your coloring is spectacular and I love the cross over card! Thanks for joining in this week at Paper Sundaes!

Fiona said...

wow Norma...this is gorgeous. I love the colour combo and what a great interpretation of the photo. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

Fi
x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, loving the colours, gorgeous work, thank you for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy, big hugs love pops x x x

Unknown said...

Wow amazing fabulous card!!!! I love it!!!! The design is outstanding!!!!! Great job!!!!

eMKa said...

Great card! :)

Pat said...

Oh Norma...first, thanks for the great inspiration photo! Such fun!! And secondly...your card is stunning!! I love the intricate details! Your coloring is exquisite!! Hugs. Pat

Linda said...

WOW what a beautiful and very creative card!! Awesome job with the coloring!!
Thank you for joining us at Creatalicious for our flourish challenge.

Sarah-Jane said...

Fantastic, really beautiful card. Love your colouring. xx

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

What a GORGEOUS card you made, Norma! It definitely has the WOW factor! Great job!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...