Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Thinking of You

Hello! It's the second Tuesday of the month and it's time for a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.

Woo-hoo...I'm the hostess for this month of May and for this colour challenge I've chosen one of my favorite colour combos: black and white plus one other colour. Here's my DT card.


When I first thought of using this colour scheme, I thought I would probably choose for my other colour either red, pink or purple. Then I bought this DP that the craft store was clearing out--it's part of a Halloween paper collection...heh heh. I like the shade of green and I thought it looks good combined with the black. It's sort of a medium olive green. Hmm...I've thought of a more elegant name for this...chatreuse green--yeah, that sounds better! LOL. The combo is a bit out of the ordinary, but I like trying new stuff.


I've used this Magnolia image called Tilda With Butterfly Jeans from their Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011. It is available from Magnolia-licous on-line store, as well as the other stamps that I've used on this card. For the background, I used Lazy Summer Flowers from the Lazy Summer Days Collection 2009 and the sentiment stamp is Just Sittin' Here Thinking of You.



As with most of my Tildas, I've cut her out and mounted her on pieces of foam tape to give the card a more 3-dimensional look. I've added some stickles to the butterfly on her jeans. I've decorated the underside of the card front with more of the DP and a blank space to write personal messages.


A few challenges that I am entering with this card:

PaperPlay Challenges - Week 18 - Show us your style. My style is using Magnolia Tilda images--my favorite, paper edges distressed with ink, hand-made flowers and easel cards are my favorite type of card.

Allsorts Challenge - Week 101 - Use 3 different stamps. Got that covered--see above.

ABC DT Challenge - April showers bring May flowers.

7 Kids College Fund - Challenge #20 - April showers bring May flowers.

Just Magnolia and hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 105 - Anything goes.

My Mum's Craft Shop - Challenge 4 - Cute & Girly.

Polka Doodles - Week 18 Challenge - Easel Cards

Everybody-Art-Challenge - Challenge #141 - Flowers

Papertake Weekly - Fancy a Punch?


I hope you will join us in our Challenge. The prize is a $25 Gift Certificate from Diana's Magnolia-licious.

And to inspire you, please hop over to the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and have a look at the fabulous cards and projects of the other DT ladies--really...they are fabulous!





DP's: Cloud 9 Design Witches Brew Luster Eye, DCWV Black & White Splats.

Tools: Marianne Design Creatables, Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles and Classic Scalloped Circles and Grommet Tags, Coluzzle Circle Template, Punch Bunch Daisy punches medium and small, Martha Stewart Daisy Dot Edge punch (used the small flowers for the flower centre) and Rose Leaf punch.

Embellishments: Making Memories brads.

Misc.: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp pads Black Soot and Crushed Olive, Studio G glitter glue.

50 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

You've putnso much prettybdetails on this shape card Norma and it looks gorgeous. Thank you so much for hosting this challenge. It's a fun one :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Silvie Z said...

wow, Norma, you did it again! I so love your shaped cards and this one is no exception! Fabulous!!!The embossing on the scallopes look really pretty and your handmade flowers are a delish! The sentiment is just perfect with this Tilda! LOVE IT!!!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Maria said...

Another beautiful creation with lots of inspiration Norma! So many details to drool over from your colouring to the flowers to the layout ...... I could go on and on. Hugs, Maria

Debs M said...

this is gorgeous, so beautifully put together x

Maria Therese said...

Gorgeous card!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
How adorable. I love the shape of this easel card Norma. I love how you shaded the edges. Tilda is placed beautifully. I love the background you gave her and the clouds look awesome. I love the color of your flowers and the little bud. If I don't make some flowers soon I'll forget how to.
Your cards are always so inspirational.
Hugs Maz

aino said...

Beautiful, so beautiful and this shape is gorgeous. Very lovely work.

dolcreations said...

It's gorgeous Norma...you have outdone yourself again! I love the colour combo.
P.S. Way to go Vancouver...onto the next round...yahhooooo!

Danielle said...

Gorgeous card Norma! Your colour combo choice is unusual but absolutely stunning .. I love it! The shape of your card is so pretty too ... beautiful work as always!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

Love this shaped easel card - my favorite shape for sure! Love the combo of colors you chose too with the various greens along with black and white. Another work of art Norma - your work is beautiful as always! hugs, Angela

Steph Ackerman said...

THis is absolutely lovely. Love the details and the colors.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in the ABC DT Challenge!

charlene said...

what an adorable little card I love it !
Hugs

Sharon Caudle said...

Beautiful card, Norma! I really like the green with the black and white, and the papers are cool! Beautiful coloring as always!
hugs, Sharon

Kelly said...

I love your card, it is so fresh and beautiful Norma. Over at the Challenge, there is no link to put on our cards. I cannot find it, could you help me.

Audrey said...

Oh Wow! I love this card so much! Every detail is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

Julie M said...

Oooh, gorgeous card, Norma. I love the colours - that is a very very nice green no matter what it's called!!! Lovely background too.

Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Kitty said...

Wow this is sooo pretty! Love everything about this one it's so detailed!

Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenges and hope to see you for the next challenge!

Kitty xx

Candy said...

Hi Sweet Norma!
What a beauty this one is!!
I always love your cards - I think you make the best round easel cards around :o)
Great paper find! You have become an expert at the sky colouring my friend!
Your Tilda is awesome! You have so many wonderful things on your card. I adore that die you have been using - it is sooo pretty. Awesome that you got to use more than one image on your special card. LOVE your flowers once again :o)
Thanks so much for this fun challenge.
Hugs, Candy

Saskia said...

Wow! Gorgeous easel card!! Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Janine - Ellabella said...

OMG Norma you did it again a masterpiece of art. Love your sytle!

Meera said...

WOW Norma, this is just absolutely awesome, I love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly x

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Card

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us in the April Showers/May Flowers 7Kids Challenge!

Jean said...

Norma, I absolutely LOVE this card. It has so much going on with it and I adore your color combination and your Tilda you used.. All your accessories add so much perfection to your card....
Great card.
Hugs, Jean

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 May 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

charlene said...

Norma your card is just stunning I love the color combo !
Hugs

Alex said...

oh, wow - what a wonderful card! Love the composition and the stile you used!
Thanks for playing along EAC!
Hugs, Alex

Suzi Mac said...

What a beautiful card you have created. love the design and distressed look. Tilda is so pretty sitting on the grass, she is coloured to perfection.
Hugs
Suzi x

Cami said...

I love it when you make shaped cards, Norma! This color combo looks really great together! It's a nice shade of green. Thank you for a fun challenge...I hope to finish in time!
Hugs, Cami

Iulia said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Norma! These colors work so well together! Love your olive green and your coloring is fantastic!
I have to make some circle easel cards- they look so sweet and elegant! Love the shape you have chosen and those beautiful handmade flowers! Great work!
Hugs, Iulia

Anonymous said...

Amazing card, love the shape and the colours look fantastic, the green pops nicely! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

cathylynn said...

Norma your card is down right gorgeous! Wow So much detail and those colors are awesome. And.....I'm loving your die cuts!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! Wow what a creation!!! You have great talent love it!!!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Completely delicious, Norma. That's a beautiful green and so well paired with the black. Love your beautiful flower...fantastic card...hugs...Barb

Kathy Gerace said...

Beautiful card! Love the unusual greens you used. Great job!
Huggeroonies,
Kathy

* Üla * said...

This is a beautiful card, Norma. I love your lovely image and great colours. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
hugs Ula

Christina C. said...

A magnificent work of art, as always!!! So inspirational!

Card Crazy said...

Absolutely stunning card. The unusual color combo is gorgeous and your creative talent is so obvious once again!
Sue S.

Rene said...

So PRETTY!!!!! Another fabulous creation!
Rene :D

Debs said...

Simply stunning!
Love the colour combo and the shaped easel is fab!
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
{{Debs}} xx

Mummylade said...

this is adorable! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge with this creation and good luck!

Grenouille Greetings said...

I have had house guests and have been a naughty commentator then blogger went down but I have thoroughly enjoyed catching up on your recent makes. This one is particularly beautiful!
Hugs Lesley

Pat said...

Hi Norma...what a fabulous challenge theme, sweetie!! I totally enjoyed this one! And this card is just delightful! Your coloring is fabulous, as always! And the DPs and design and sentiment just perfectly showcase this darling little Tilda!! Hugs. Pat

Colette said...

Gorgeous card, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx
PS I have candy on my blog at www.digiredoodah.blogspot.com

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Brenda Dean said...

Love these colors and I love the name "chartreuse". Beautiful card!

Fliss said...

Really lovely card Norma and I adore the olive green which is a favourite of mine.
Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles easel card challenge and good luck.
x

Tip Top said...

Bargains are great! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

UHHHH SO PRETTY Norma!!! I love love your cardmaking skills!!

You have a clever way of laying them out and to top it off the stunning colouring! I admire your work so much ((hugs))Ruby♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...