Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Happy Birthday Card - Magnolia-licious September Colour Challenge

Hello!

Since today's the 2nd Tuesday of September, it's time for a new colour challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Here is my DT card.



Our wonderfully talented Tracy is the hostess for the month of September and she has chosen these colours for the challenge: orange, teal and brown.



Oooh, I love love love how these colours look together, don't you? I think I have found a new favorite colour combo!!! Woo-hoo... (Tracy, thanks for introducing it to me.) You will see me using these colours again and again...LOL.



This adorable gal is called Tilda With Peony from Magnolia's Wedding Collection 2010.

An excellent source of anything and everything Magnolia is the Magnolia-licious on-line store and Diana provides fabulous services. Not to forget also that many of the stamps are available in the mini version.

I've used my markers to colour the images for this card. As with most of my Tildas, I've cut her out and mounted her on pieces of foam tape/dimensionals, although you probably can't tell from the pictures. It takes longer to do it this was, but I do love the more 3-dimensional look this gives the card.


This is the view of the inside of the card.


I have another Tilda here sitting at the edge of a blank circle where I can write my personal birthday message on. This image is called Tilda With Butterfly Jeans and she is part of Magnolia's Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011.



I was looking for a birthday poem for the page opposite and I found this one from an old birthday card that I have received from someone in the past.



I am using this card as my entry to the following challenges:

Paper Sundaes - Challenge #86 - Finishing Touches (finish the inside of your card)
Simply Magnolia - Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge - Week 120 - Flowers and Swirls
Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge #51 - Birthday Time
Everybody-Art-Challenge - Challenge #159 - Flowers


I hope you will come and play along with us in our challenge. There's is a prize of a $25.00 Gift Certificate from Magnolia-licious. And to further inspire you, have a look at fabulous cards and projects that the other DT gals have created HERE!


Thank you for taking the time to drop by. I very much appreciate your visit. And I am more than grateful to those who leave me a comment as I do enjoy reading what you write.
Enjoy you day!



Materials and Tools Used:

DP's: Recollections Batiked My Interest Surf and Mango; K&Company Teal Floral and Letter; Chatterbox Tangerine Gingham

Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Lacey Circles and Classic Circles

Punches: EK Success Medium Retro Flower and Leaf punches, Martha Stewart Lace edge punch

Misc.: Recollections and Kaiser Crafts pearls; ribbon from my stash; Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp Pad Walnut Stain


34 comments:

paola said...

MIND BLOWING! gorgeous, i want sure about this color combo, but you sure know how to make fabulous with everything you do, love the poem too and your cards always look so proffessional, STUNNING!
smiles
Paola

Anke said...

Beautiful card. thanks for joining us at simply magnolia.
hugs Tessa & Anke

brenda said...

Your card is just beautiful Norma and a super colour combo.

Thank for for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck and really hope you join us again.

B x

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
Love, love, love this one. The colors are gorgeous. I love how you have the frame and then the larger circle behind like that. it is very effective. your flowers look wonderful with the sqiggly bits hanging down. The design papers you have chosen are super.
hugs Maz

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Norma! The color tones are so vibrant and work beautifully together! Love the design of your card and of course your coloring is perfect! hugs, Angela

Lisa Minckler said...

The pleasure has certainly been all mine. Your card is wonderful and such a delight to learn from. I admire any crafter who decorates every aspect of a card...I'm not one of them. LOL. Love that color combo as well. :D
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "Birthday challenge."
Good luck to you...
Lisa xx
And remember, if you have a TIP you’d like to share with us crafters, just write it up in your post and then add TIP by your entry name and you’re eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well. 

karen irvine said...

wow, i really love your card! it's just beautiful! i will definitely be trying these colors together!

Crystal said...

AMAZING!! I love this, the colours are gorgeous as is your colouring & I love the layout too! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Beautiful,inside and out! Gorgeous DP and colouring,just lovely!
Hugs Julie P

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty card Norma. Love the way you used the colors, not as bright and a touch of vintage. Cool and sweet :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Candy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Norma!!
Love the papers you have used and the beautiful
design.
Your colouring of both Tilda's is wonderful.
Hugs, Candy

Silvie Z said...

Gorgeous card Norma! I really like the layout, it's so pretty! Awesome choice of papers and the flowers with swirls are so beautiful! The inside of your card is gorgeous too!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes this week. This is such a gorgeous card and your colouring/shading is perfect. Love it!

Iulia said...

It's one gorgeous piece of art, Norma! Your coloring is more than fabulous and when I magnified the pic I was amazed at how perfectly you cut the image- I didn't even realize it was cut. This is just the way a perfect card should be. Love it!
Hugs, Iulia

Kelly said...

your card is gorgeous, I love the inside too. Re-using the poem is a great idea.

Peggie said...

Lovely fall card.

Christina C. said...

This is a phenomenal creation, Norma!
Love the color combination....stunning papers, fabulous details and a magnificently colored Tilda!
Absolutely exquisite inside and out!

Danielle Champagne said...

Totally, absolutely PRECIOUS. I love this color combination, soooo rich. Your Tilda iswonderfully colored Norma, the inside or your card is fabulous. I love your layout and those wonderful papers.
A piece of art.
Hugs.

Sandy said...

Oh Norma this is beautiful - absolutely gorgeous. And the inside is just as beautiful as the outside. What a wonderful sentiment. Great card!!!
Sandy

Sharon Caudle said...

Love the colors you used, Norma!! Gorgeous design and spectacular coloring! I too love to cut out my images and pop them up for that dimensional look! Stunning work as always, Norma!
hugs, Sharon

Elle said...

Great job on the coloring. You certainly did hit the colors on the dot!

cathylynn said...

Once again FABULOUS!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Teri said...

Love this!!!!! I wasn't sure about this color scheme, but oh it is sooo pretty!!! Your coloring is fabulous!!!! Love all the embellishments and the way you did the inside of the card is adorable!!! You are soooo talented!!
Hugs,
Teri

Unknown said...

What a super adorable card!!!! Wow outstanding!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

Jean said...

Norma, Norma, this is soooo beautiful, georgeous.. I love the orange, brown and turquoise together.. so beautiful.. Your coloring is so perfect and your layouts and all your different layers are so stunning.. the inside is so amazing. A most enjoyable card.
Hugs, Jean

Unknown said...

this is a lovely card. The colours are gorgeous and the stamp is colored very well.
Francy

Barb Hardeman said...

Stunning card Norma. Your coloring is gorgeous. I love the way you did corner things, tucking the circle into the corner piece on the front and doing half circles in the inside. Beautiful theme! Your poem is brilliant! Stunning card...hugs...Barb

Cami said...

Wow Norma, you definitely made these colors work beautifully together with your DPs and coloring! The poem is beautiful and the recipient will be touched to receive this lovely card. I like how it all come together both inside and out.
Hugs, Cami

Jill said...

Gorgeous card!
Love the colours and the inside is sooo beautiful too!
Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week for my Flowers and swirls challenge!
Good luck and I hope to see you again
Hugs, Jill

Anonymous said...

Goodness me Norma another beautiful card sooooooo pretty! Love how you added the gems too! Thanks coming to play with us this week for the Birthday Time!
Challenge @ Top Tip Tuesday, Hugs Samantha

Patti Jo said...

I sure love checking out every detail in your creations Norma! You make such wonderful combinations and your layouts are fantastic! Love your flowers and how you've tipped them with color! Absolutely gorgeous creation!!!

Marion said...

Stunning card! I like everything on it!
Hugs Marion

Chris said...

Wow! There are so many interesting elements in your card. I love, love, love the interior! Thank you for sharing it. Tilda is just lovely. Everything is lovely. You are such an inspiration, Norma!

XO,
chris christnsen

Pat said...

Oh Norma...absolutely STUNNING!! Your coloring is pure perfection! You really created a masterpiece with these challenge colors, m'dear!! Hugs. Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...