Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Magic Card - Magnolia-licious July Colour Challenge

Hello.  

It's the second Tuesday in July and it's time for a new colour challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.  Here's the card that I created. 


Suzan is our hostess of the month.  She has chosen the colour combo of red, white and blue for the challenge.  I hope you will play along with our challenge--you have a couple of weeks!  For inspirations, have a look at the fabulous cards of my DT teammates displayed at the challenge blog HERE. Diana is offering a $25 Gift Certificate for her store Magnolia-licious to the lucky winner.

This Magnolia image that I've coloured with my markers is of Tilda Loves Flowers--just like me...LOL  



This style of card was created by Marianne and she calls this a 'secret card'.  I found her tutorial for it HERE at the Scandinavian on-line magazine StampARTic.

A side view here so you can see the layers.


The fold of the card is at the top.  




This image is of the adorable Tilda as a Star.  


Both of the Tilda's I've coloured here are from the Sweet Crazy Love Collection 2012.  The stamps for the images are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store.  Check out her store for her excellent selection of full-size and mini Magnolia stamps, as well as cutting dies from Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Magnolia, Marianne Design and Cheery Lynn.  The prices are discounted and as a bonus you also earned 2% credit to be applied to future purchases.  Sweet! 

Challenges for this card:
PaperPlay Challenges '12Week27 - Happy Birthday
Divas By Design Challenge #42 - Red, White and Blue
Card Makin Mamas Challenge #50 - Rubber
Allsorts Challenge Week 162 - Red, White and Blue 
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges Week 66 - Fancy Folds
ABC DT Challenge for July & August - Colour Inspiration Challenge
Stamp With Fun Challenge #169 - Favorite Stamps (Magnolia stamps are my fave)
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Flower Power (2 of my DP's are my oldies but goodies)

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by.  I always appreciated your visit and even more your comments--just love reading them.  Have a wonderful week!


Materials and Tools Used:
DP's:  Cloud 9 Design Razzberry Heaven; Hot Off the Press Mixing Masculine Papers; paper from Michaels $1.50 bin
Dies:  Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two, Petite Ovals and Standard Circles; Marianne Design Leaves LR0156
Punches:  Martha Stewart edge punch Deco Fan, pine branch; EK Success medium retro flower and small star; Michaels tiny flower
Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pads Walnut Stain, Aged Mahogany and Faded Jean; pearls from my stash.  


Medium:  Letraset Promarkers and Pantone Tria markers
- face and skin--blush, coral, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and shoes--burnt sienna, caramel, sandstone
- dress and socks--midnight blue, cornflower, 277-T
- leaves and branches--olive green, moss, apple, meadow green


40 comments:

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous Norma, I made one of these style cards last October Here if you are interested in seeing mine :-)
Yours is far prettier as you have used a lovely Magnolia image of course :-)
Hugs Julie x

Maris said...

hi Norma, greatttttt creation this is, love the coloring xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! I love the design of the card and your coloring and details are fabulous!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for participating in our Chocolate,Coffee and Cards challenge this week! Hope to see you again next week!!!
~DEANNE~

Christina C. said...

WOW...Norma, you always seem to come up with the most amazing card designs! Absolutely adore this gorgeous creation and your Tildas are just beautiful, colored to perfection! Your cards are all amazing works of art!

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, what a lovely card; when I read 'red, white and blue' I was expecting cards in the Independance day colours, but I love this toned down version you made. Really like the colour combo this was. Hugs, Frea

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, your card is so gorgeous inside and out! I just love all the details that you have added to it! You are such an inspiration my friend! I just love it!
Hugs,
Suzan

Elizabeth said...

Wow, Norma, this card is abselutely STUNNING! Your coloring is totally AMAZING! Thanks for sharing, you are such an inspiration! Hugs, Elizabeth

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wow it´s just lovely! Your colouring is fabolous, I adore it! Such a happy card with great colours!
Hugs Janine

Sonny said...

WOW! I love your colouring!
Hugs Sonny

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful creation Norma, I love all the folds and your beautiful Tildas, very pretty
Hugs Julie P

Mummylade said...

amazing colouring and I love that shape of card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge!

Marji said...

Gorgeous Card. I luv all the colors in this card. Beautiful

Patti Jo said...

Norma it is no secret that your cards are always magical!!! Absolutely gorgeous through and through!!! Love all your details and your coloring is spectacular!!!

Leslie said...

Very, very cute! Love the fold!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Oh Norma, this is so beautiful! I love it! : )

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Norma and so beautifully designed as well. Gorgeous coloring as always and lovely card all around! hugs, Angela

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Hi Norma, so fantastic. Your card design is fun and pretty. Love the folds, neat card.
Have a super great day
Blessings Doreen

Rene said...

Good grief Norma, how do you come up with these amazing cards? Your design skills are UNBELIEVABLE! Just gorgeous!!!
Rene :D

Cathy Lee said...

Stunning card, Norma. I love these magic cards and your design is fabulous. Tildas are both colored wonderfully and I love the way you did her background on the front of the card. Spectacular!
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Kelly said...

I like this style card, maybe I might try it sometime. I love your styles and creativity with your cards. It is always fun to come by and see what you come up with

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Your colored Tilda so wonderfully, very sweet.
Doreen

Only By His Grace said...

As always a beautiful card. I love the design of it. I will check out if I am able to make one of these designs. You have put so much work into it.
congratulations on your new DT post. you certainly deserve it.
Hugs Maz

Candy said...

Another fantastic work of art!!!
BEAUTIFUL in every way :o)
Big hugs, Candy

cabio's craft corner said...

Love the soft tone of these tri colors combo Norma. Beautiful design of this fold card and the multiple use of these cute images :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Karen said...

Norma,

Your card is gorgeous! I love the design and choice of colors. The Tilda's are colored so beautifully. Congratulations on your new DT position. It is well deserved. Have a wonderful day!!!

Karen

Pam said...

Norma,

I have to disagree. Your card is quite magical. Just love the coloring and your design is absolutely adorable. I have never seen the Tilda as star. Your card has made me add her to my wish list.

MAGDA said...

Bonita tarjeta y los sellos son preciosos, un saludo Magda

Elle said...

What a stunning card! You have designed and colored to perfection. I LOVE it!

Teri said...

Shut the front door!! This is sooo beautiful!!! Everything about it, big and small!!! I love that style and will have to check out the tutorial!!! Your coloring, Norma, is just fabulous!!!!
Hugs,
Teri

cathylynn said...

Well Norma another magical adorable card! Gosh I love the coloring. Fabulous style too. So much to admire that I must go back for more .
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Laura said...

Your cards are ALWAYS gorgeous! I am so envious of your coloring and style!

♥ Laura C.

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! what a beautiful card you've created Norma, I love the style, colouring, papers and the inside is just as beautiful, stunning work my dear.
Hugs
Suzi x

Astrid said...

Absolutely stunning Norma, I love your colouring, fab details !!

hugs Astrid

Debs said...

Simply stunning card Norma - awesome design and amazing colouring.
Thanks for playing along with us at An Oldie But Goodie and Allsorts this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

uksharon said...

Love everything - your stamps, the colours you used, your design - all fabulous.
Thanks for joining us at CMM's this week.
Best wishes,
Sharon

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

What a beautiful card Norma!! I love it !!Thanks for joining in our challenge.
Hugs
Tina46
Stamp with Fun

Lisa Jane said...

Wonderful project , so pretty
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight for our flower power challenge
Lisa x

Julie Foote said...

Thanks for joining the ABC DT Challenge.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 3 post on Aug. 17, 2012. Thanks again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...