Thursday, July 19, 2012

You Are So Special

Hello.

Woo-hoo, my stamps from the new Magnolia's latest collection, the Turning Leaves Collection 2012, came in the mail and I couldn't wait to start stamping and colouring.  Here's a card that I just finished.


I just luvvvv...autumn colours, don't you? This as you can see is a side-step card.


I find this Tilda image oh-so-adorable.  She is called Autumn Tilda With Broom.  The 'you are so special' sentiment is also from Magnolia and it is from the--what else?--You Are So Special collection 2011.  
I have used my Letraset Promakers and Trias, and a few Shin-Han Touch markers to do the colouring.  


This and other Magnolia stamps--both full-size and mini-size are available from Magnolia-licious on-line store. Check out the selection of cutting dies available there too--from Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Magnolia, Marianne Design and Cheery Lynn--prices are discounted and as a bonus you earn 2% store credit to be used on future purchases!

This is what the card looks like when laid out flat on the table.



Challenges that I am entering with this card:  
Marianne's Design Divas - Anything Goes (Marianne Design dies used:  LR0111, LR0112, LR0117, LR0133, LR0192)
Magnolia Stamp Lover - Sugar Challenge (use Tilda)
Totally Tilda Challenge #51 - Tilda plus a Magnolia sentiment
Lovely hAnglar or SweetMagnolia - Challenge #47 – Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #34 – Card for Someone Special
ABC Challenges - T for Two (I used 2 designer papers)
Let's Ink It Up Challenge #25 - All Girl (2nd entry)


The flowers and foliage here were all made using Marianne Design Creatables dies--see list below. 


Thanks for taking the time to drop by.  Your visit is always very much appreciated.  Grateful for your comments as well, 'cause I love reading them.  Have a wonderful day! 



Materials and Tools Used:

DP's:  Imaginisce Apple Cider; Recollections Batiked My Interest Mango 

Dies:  Marianne Design Creatable Scalloped Circle Frame LR 0112, Flowers and Flower Centre LR0111, Leaves from Open Flower-Classic LR0133, Leaf from LR0117,  Leaf from LR0192; Spellbinders Grand Labels Twenty-Three, Classic Ovals

Miscellaneous:  Coluzzle circle template; Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; pearls from my stash 

Medium:  Letraset Promarkers and Trias, Shin-Han Touch markers
- face and skin--blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair & boots--cinnamon, tan, Touch 99 and 102
- scarf--raw sienna, mustard, pastel yellow, Touch 141
- sweater--terra cotta, spice, honeycomb, apricot
- pants--olive green, 5767-T, 617-T, Touch 42
- broom--burnt sienna, caramel, sandstone, Touch 100
- falling leaves--burnt orance, olive green, mustard


41 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Norma, so so beautiful. Yes I love fall colors... except I just wish wwe could enjoy summer more! Your Tilda is adorable, and the shape of your card outstanding. Wonderful creation, as always. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Norma, I love those flowers, just beautiful
hugs julie P

Edilza Teixeira Scrap e Artes said...

Oi Norma!!!

O cartão está belíssimo a harmonia bem nas cores de inverno, conforme o carimbo, uma harmonia perfeita.

Beijos

julissa garcia said...

wow is beautiful, like everything you do, I love your work.
thank you very much for sharing. a few days ago I found your blog and I'll be your follower.
many blessings

Cathy Lee said...

So lovely, Norma. I love your coloring on Tilda and awesome card design. Gorgeous flowers, those look handmade.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty autumn theme and lovely coloring on this new Tilda. I have yet get a chance to color her. Beautiful and gorgeous flowers :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Karen said...

This is gorgeous! : )

Jean said...

I just knew this was going to be a gorgeous card Norma when I read the profile and you sure didn't disappoint. I am so in love with your coloring of Tilda and your choice of pp colors and the flowers you made. They are so beautiful. Your finished card is just so perfect and stunning and so special just like you are.
Hugs, Jean

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
Oh my! What a beautiful fall card!
Love the shape as always - you do such different ones :o)
Gorgeous colouring and design.
Big hugs, Candy

mgoll88 said...

What a wonderfull card... perfect coloring and all that autumn colours and details... fantastic!

LG
Michaela

leonenkarin.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! Such warm colors you have used. Your card fits perfectly bij our weather here in the Netherlands! It looks like autumn over here! Hugs, Karin

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous, stunning card Norma, love it.
luv
Debby

HANDMADEBYGINA said...

I just love your color scheme. Can't believe holidays r coming up again. You always do such beautiful work.

Unknown said...

this card is stunning, i love the coloration about the stamp and the embellishments are gorgeous.
Francy

Unknown said...

Fabulous colouring and I love your flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, good luck with the challenge. Hope to see you for our next challenge at our new challenge blog. Hugz Suzanne

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!!! Norma, this is stunning my dear, I love these fall colours, your papers,layout,die's used and your fabulous colouring of that sweet Tilda.
Thank you for joining us at Marianne Design Divas this month. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Cami said...

So, so, so beautiful, Norma. I love this new collection and Tilda is so cute and beautifully colored. Your autumn flowers are gorgeous (as always!). The colors are deep and rich. Love this card!

Hugs,
Cami

Diana Crick said...

Beautiful Norma, I too love Fall colours, love the richness and depth. Your flowers are fascinating. I will have to check out the dies you mentioned. Stunning creation!!!
hugs, Diana

Distressed Miss said...

Stunning as always Norma. I love autumn colours too and you have done a fabulous job using them, Tilda looks amazing and your shaped card is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda.
Hugs
Clare
xx

Louise said...

Gorgeous card Norma, I so love the fall colors. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
Louise

Tine said...

Stunning card, Norma and fabulous colouring.
Tine :)

Pam said...

Gorgeous card as always Norma. Your flowers are so yummy too!!!!
Hugs....Pam:)

Elle said...

Norma your card is spectacular! I love the beautiful flower embellishments, your card design, and your coloring is beautiful.

cathylynn said...

OH my goodness Norma this is TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!! I too love the fall colors but your coloring is fabulous too!! Once again you have done an OUTSTANDING job! I love you style!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Norma. She's a real beauty. Love the papers too. You make Autumn look so stunning. Love your flowers. hugs Sharon x

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, Norma, this is exquisite....superb!!! I love fall colors and I love fall....looking forward to it!!! I've had quite enough of heat and humidity!!!!
Your creation is outstanding, absolutely phenomenal. Tilda is colored magnificently and I adore the beautiful flowers on this beauty.
Truly extraordinary, as all of your creations!

Rene said...

Loooove these autumn colors (which, unfortunately, are already popping up here because it's so dry!)! Gorgeous card again Norma! You are a master!
Rene :D

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Very lovely, such wonderful fall colors. Great card.
Have a great weekend
Blessings Doreen

DollySelvam said...

hi...!!! love your patterned card with pretty cool autumn shades... love the flowers and the pearls... with adorable cute image...:)

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

HOLY WOW!!! THIS IS TOTALLY GORGEOUS IN THE PRETTY AUTUMN COLORS. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

Leslie said...

This is gorgeous! Love these colors!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

This is a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at lovely Hanglar and Sweet Magnolia Challenge blog.

Karen said...

Norma, this is stunning. I love the warm color and all those gorgeous flowers. Tilda is colored so beautifully. But as much as I love your card I don't want summer to go by so fast.

Karen

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, your card is soooo gorgeous! I love the rich fall colors that you used and those flowers that you made are just beautiful! Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
Suzan

Laura said...

You have such a way with color and imagination in your cards! Your creations always blow me away. This is just wonderful Norma!

Laura C.

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow Norma this is fabulous, great shape and love the way it goes straight too, fab image and colours, thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda, hugs Liz xx

Susie Sugar said...

OMG this is fabulous really lovely design, great style and rich colours it's total perfection darling
Thanks for playing our challenge at Totally Tilda this time
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Kelly said...

Norma, I just love to see what you do each time. You are always creative but true to your style. I love this card also. This would look awesome on a table display.

Pia S said...

I love the shape of this card, and the gorgeous autumn colors! The flowers and leaves are impressive - in fact, the whole card is impressive. Well done!

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous Norma! I'm inspired to get mine inked up and colored! TFS!

Lady E said...

Beautiful card! Lovely colors! and beautiful image too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...