Sunday, August 19, 2012

Christmas Peek-A-Boo Card

Hello.

This card took forever to do because of the zillions of pictures I had to take for the tutorial which I have posted below this posting, or you can find it HERE.  

I made this a Christmas peek-a-boo card because I have to seriously start adding to my Christmas card collection.  The card count is currently very very low...LOL.


The first image you see here is of Little Tilda from Magnolia's Little Christmas Collection 2012.  I think this is sneak peek of a larger collection coming out later on--ooh, I can't wait! Am so looking forward to it.


Colouring of the image for this card were done with my markers--Letraset Promarkers and Trias, Shin-Han Touch markers.  I've added glitters to the wings.

As you open the card...




the first image is replaced by another adorable image of Dancing With Stars Tilda--from the same Magnolia's Little Christmas Collection 2012.


This collection is so popular that it is already out of stock at Magnolia-licious on-line store.  However, Diana has an excellent selection of other full-size as well as mini-size Magnolia stamps.  Check out also her selections of dies from Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Magnolia, Marianne Design and Cheery Lynn Designs.  

Challenges I am entering with this card: 
Card Makin' Mamas - Try Something New (new card style)
ABC Challenges - V for Vanish (something hidden)
Hooked On Craft Challenge #23 - Let's Celebrate
Challenge Up Your Life Challenge #76 - Christmas in Summer
Crafty Ann's Challenge #72 - Christmas in August
Fab 'n Funky Challenge #134 - Angels and Fairies
Bearly Mine Challenge #48 - Fly fly away (anything with wings)
Celebrate the Occasion Challenge #75 - Christmas in August
Cards und More Challenge #62 - Anything Goes
My Time To Craft Challenge #185 - Christmas in August

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate your visit and your comments--love reading them.  Enjoy your weekend!



Materials and Tools Used:
Sentiment stamps: from Inkadinkadoo Snowflakes set 'Wishing you..."; Paper Inspirations 'Merry Christmas'
DP's:  from K&Company Elizabeth Brownd Visions of Christmas designer paper pad
Dies:  Spellbinders Petite Oval, Petite Scalloped Ovals, Classic Inverted Scalloped Squares and Parisian Accents; Cheery Lynn Lace Corner Deco B
Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; pearls and glitter from my stash

Medium:  Letraset Promarkers & Trias and Shin-Han Touch markers--
- face and skin--blush, coral, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair #1--umber, burnt sienna, Touch 100, caramel, sandstone
- hair #2--raw sienna, cocoa, mustard, pastel yellow, ivory 
- dress #1--burgundy, antique pink, 701-T, 693-T, 698-T
- dress #2--pine, grass, Touch 46, meadow green
- wings and shadings--warm grey 5, cool grey 3 and 1 
- background-- 5503-T, 5507-T, 5527-T


52 comments:

Fleur said...

Absolutly STUNNING and so Gorgeous ♥ ♥ ♥
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Laine said...

Gorgeous Norma, I love to look at your work and thank you for providing such wonderful tutorials.
Hugs
Laine
X

iReneM said...

This is a stunning card, Norma, and a wonderful tutorial.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

Louise said...

Fabulous!!, i so love your peek-a-boo card, beautiful papers and great coloring
Louise

Cards By MI said...

A really lovely card with a great design. So much work you have put it to this. stunning! Thanks for joining us over at the Bearly Mine Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Leslie said...

Norma, this is amazing! One of these days I'm going to tackle this technique! Thanks for your tutorial!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Ivonne said...

WOW!! This is stunning, love your peek a boo layout, I am definitely going to try it. Beautiful papers and amazing coloring! Hugs, Ivonne

Rachel said...

Wow! What an amazing project!

Thanks for joining us at My Time to Craft this fortnight. Wedgie xxx

Christina C. said...

Absolutely breathtaking, Norma! A phenomenal creation.....love your magnificently colored Tildas and the style of this card is enchanting!
Adore the beautiful papers!!!!

Cathy Lee said...

This is absolutely fabulaous, Norma. I gotta try one of these. Both your Tildas are adorably colored and gorgeous papers you used on this card. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I'm gonna give this a try.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Aug. 19, 2012. Thanks again.

Rachel said...

Really pretty project.
Thanks for joining us at CTO, Rachel xxx

Jane said...

Wow! this is amazing Norma! stunning colouring as always and I have to go check out that tutorial now! hugs, Jane xxx

Pam Sparks said...

Fabulous! I love this card style Norma! Thanks so much for sharing!

Marlies said...

Wauw what a fantastic card!! Stunning!! hugs, Marlies

Karen said...

This is beautiful!! The more I see of these images, the more I think I want them! lol

Danielle Champagne said...

Norma! absolutely fabulous! What a lovely way to introduce those 2 cute Tildas, your paper is gorgeous, and perfect! coloring divine. and your card is always an inspiration to me. have a beautiful sunday. Hugs.

Tonya said...

Oh wow!! What a cool card. I'm really going to have to try that for myself. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

Tonya
CTO DT

Sharon said...

Good golly Norma, but this is a fabulous creation. Love those little Christmas Tilda's. Can't wait to receive mine. Love the colours and your colouring is fab as usual. hugs Sharon x

Chris said...

Norma, Norma, Norma, you are the MASTER of delightful card designs! You are so sweet to share the techniques with all of us as well. Thank you! I love your card! I love the rich colors. The Tildas are adorable! It's a beauty!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Adrian said...

Wow, this is awesome! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

Rach83 said...

Wowee! What a fab card design. I love the colours and super cute images. Your colouring is fantastic too.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

Cami said...

Stunning card, Norma (again!). I love these two Tilda images and luckily I have them so you have inspired me greatly to use them. Your tutorial is excellent, and thank you for providing all the cutting measurements...the paper engineer at work again. I always look forward to seeing your next creations. Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Cami

Janine - Ellabella said...

Absoloutely stunning card as always! Love the colours and all of the beautiful details!

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Wow, very cute and clever card. Love the fold and all the parts . Thanks for playing along at Card Makin' Mamas

Anja v K@@rten said...

Very very very very nice!

Pam said...

OMG Norma this is incredible...I love it. I love visiting your blog to see what you have created. Thanks for the tutorial.
Hugs....Pam:)

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
this one I have just got to try. it is adorable. Once again I love that paper you have used. your coloring is always so lovely.
thank you so much for the tutorial.
Now to find the time to make it.
Hugs Maz

BugBites said...

wow- t his is amazing. Thanks or sharing with us at CTO this week.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Norma, I love the fancy fold, so pretty
hugs julie P

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so fabulous Norma!

Mariecrea said...

bonjour
bravo pour cette carte absolument délicieuse.
à bientôt

Vicky said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, I love that sweet image and your colours are Great. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky,

Hugs Vicky xxx

Carolin said...

Oh my God, this card is awsome! Love the effect, I've never seen this before.
Thanks for joining us at Challenge up your Life!

cathylynn said...

I can't wait to see this tutorial. This card is out of this world gorgeous!! Norma you are always creating something new and are totally inspiring. I appreciate you sharing your talent!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Suzan L said...

Oh My Goodness Norma, this card is so gorgeous! I just love it! Thank you for the tutorial on how to make this Peek A Boo card! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Suzan

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Super peek a boo card, so fantastic.
Love all the colors and design.
Blessings Doreen

tiggertastic said...

good god this is clever

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

Designing for:

Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

Unknown said...

Amazing work! FUN-tastic! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
Anna xxx

Laura Bradley said...

Gorgeous christmas card Norma! Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine! Laura x

Check out my new challenge blog at http://songbirdchallenges.blogspot.com

Laney said...

absolutely gorgeous Norma!!
thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
laney

Ann Whitfield said...

This is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Esther said...

Wow, wonderful card!
So pretty and love the peek-a-boo :)
Thanks for joining CTO this week!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Wow that is just beautiful, I love all of your gorgeous details! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Christmas in August" Challenge :)

Kelly said...

I love your coloring and the styles of cards you make, I just love it when you make another one for me to admire! Thank you for the tutorials, after I return from vaca.I want to try some of the card styles you do. I always love your work.

Patty Sue 2 said...

Norma,
Your coloring is fabulous and your card is stunning in so many ways. Thanks for joining us this week at ABC's challenge! Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work on the 1st!

Claudia said...

Hi Norma, wow, this is simply stunnig, great and sooo cool.
Thank you very much for joining us at Cards und More Challenge.
Hugs Claudia

judit said...

Wow, this is stunning! Such a great idea and fab card! Thanks for joining Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you soon! judit x

Jackie said...

This is just darling! I love the window cuts and the image placements! Lovely job! Thank you for joining us this week at the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge.

Jackie, Fab 'n' Funky DT

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!!! what a fabulous card, thank you so much for the tutorial Norma, I can see me sending lots of these little beauties out at Christmas time.
Hugs
Suzi x

cathylynn said...

Norma you never ever cease to amaze me! WOW this is spectacular! Fabulous coloring and wonderful details. SO much to admire!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Jenn said...

Gorgeous card! I love both of those images, and thanks so much for the tutorial, I could never try this on my own!! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...