Sunday, August 26, 2012

Double Peek-A-Boo Card

Hello. 

This is the intermediate level to my peek-a-boo card tutorial (HERE)...LOL.  Just kidding!!!  This is just another variation of the peek-a-boo card.  Instead of the one window, I've created two windows instead.  I made my card after I saw Dena's adorable card HERE which led me to Dawn's tutorial HEREwhich led me to create my own tutorial.

So here's the card that I've created...





To create the double windows, I've used a circle die from the Spellbinder Standard Circles set that is 2 1/8 inches (5.4cm) across.  This size window is just perfect for the Magnolia's mini stamp images!  Woo-hoo...




These other two images are of Mini Celebration 1 Tilda from Mini Sweet Crazy Love Collection 2012 


I've used my Letraset Promarkers and Pantone Trias to colour these mini Tilda.  I find those fine tips a really big help with these minis. 
Magnolia-licious on-line store is of course the place to get your mini Magnolia stamps.  Diana has an excellent selection of both the full-size and mini stamps.  Don't miss checking out the die selections from Memory Box, PoppyStamps and Magnolia.  Discount prices and in-store credits too--sweet!  

I am using this card as my entry to these challenges: 
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #50 – Use your favorite image (the last 2 Tildas are 2 of my faves...LOL)
Crafts and Me Challenge #98 – Autumn Colours
Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar Week 171 - Show me a heart
7 Kids College Fund Challenge #54 - Flower Power 
The Paper Shelter Challenge #78 - Anything Goes
Tilda's Town Challenge #15 - Anything Goes


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I always appreciate your visit and look forward to any comments you care to leave me.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Happy creating!




Materials and Tools Used:

Sentiment Stamps:  Hero Arts 'Flowers say Hello...'; Great Impressions 'Have a beautiful ...'

DP's:  ChatterBox Canopy Floral and Olive Summer Flowers

Dies: Spellbinders Standard Circles, Classic Scalloped Circles and Moroccan Motifs; Memory Box Honeysuckle Vine 

Punches: Marvy Uchida small Daisy; Fiskars 3-in-1 corner punch Celestial; Michaels mini sun  

Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Vintage Photo 



41 comments:

Maris said...

ohhhh how great htis is, it's just a little gift, i love it xx

Frouwkje said...

Wow, so beautiful!! I love your cards and tutorials!!!
xxx Frouwkje

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

It's very lovely.
Hugs Miranda

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous, Norma!!! Love the cool design and your wonderful coloring! Thanks for sharing! Hugs, Elizabeth

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Aug. 26, 2012. Thanks again.

Danielle Champagne said...

I looooooooooooooove it! this is sooo cute. Norma, perfect with the mini stamps, I must give this style a try! Thank you for sharing, have a wonderful sunday.

Sherry said...

Norma this is so cute. You are becoming a pro at these cards! Absolutely luv them!

Hugs

Patti Jo said...

Hi there Norma! Sorry haven't been around for a while and oh my, I have missed your beauties!!! Love your versions of the Peek-a-boo cards. Outstanding and so adorable!!! Love how you've added the minis! Thank you for sharing your talents and inspiration Norma!!!

Rene said...

Holy moly Norma! My goodness, once again, I'm a bit speechless...this is just amazing! I love it...I think it's just perfect!!!!!
Rene :D

Mojca said...

Simply gorgeous! Hugs! mojca

R.V.Cards said...

Hai Hai
what A great card you made Lovely colors and a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge blog hope to see you next time
hugs Ria

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Christina C. said...

OMGgggggggg!!! I was totally amazed over your peek-a-boo card and now you came up with this double whopper!!
I am just blown away by your creativity.....incredible AND INNOVATIVE!!! What a great way to showcase those darling minis...WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! You always have the perfect papers and details on your magnificent works of art!
Soooooooooooo inspirational!

cabio's craft corner said...

Sweet and pretty card. You even used the minis for this type of card. That's so cute!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Jean said...

Hi Norma, on the top of your blog, you have Tilda saying "I'm so glad you're here", well I'm so glad I'm here too. I LOVE your blog and this card you did not dissappoint at all. I adore this card you created as much if not more than the others. Love all the Tilda's and the coloring of each. Each has their own personality yet you brought them all together so well. Love your little flowers! A special card for sure!
Hugs, Jean

Julie said...

Wow, this is fabulous - what a gorgeous design! Hugs, juliexx

Anonymous said...

Wow Norma, I've never seen a double peek a boo before, thanks for the tutorial, very clever
Hugs Julie P

Karen said...

Oh wow Norma, this is gorgeous! What an awesome way to use minis!! : )

Pam said...

Norma...I have to agree with Rene...I think this is perfect....Love it.
Hugs....Pam:)

Myrna Marcano said...

Is beautiful card.

Thanks for link tutorial.

Hugs, Myrna

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my Norma, this is fabulous!

Karen said...

Wow! You are amazing. Your card is fabulous! Thanks for the tutorial.

Karen

Candy said...

Wonderful card, Norma!!
You out do yourself each time :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Leslie said...

Beautiful, Norma! I just love this!
Hugs,
Leslie
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Natali said...

Absolutely amazing idea and gorgeous creations.
Hugs
Natali

Cards By MI said...

Stunning card with really much work put into it. Lovely! Thanks for playing with us over at TPS challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Tina Makuc said...

OMG Norma!! You never stop surprising me!! This card is absolutely amazing!!
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week!!
Hugs, Tina

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Wow this is a fabulous card. Very pretty.
Blessings Doreen

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous card Norma, is this card the same size as your 6 x 6 tutorial or the same dimensions as Dena's.
Thanks for the fab tutorial too. Hugs Julie x

lovingrammahood said...

Oh my goodness Norma. Your talent is beyond fantastic. You are so creative and such an inspiration. I have not seen this style card before and I am excited to give it a try...thanks for sharing
hugs, Donna

sara said...

stunning card very clever design thanks so much for joining us at crafts & me this week
hugs sara x x

coops said...

So gorgeous Norma.Stunning design and images and i love your colours.
Thanks for joining in the Crafts and Me challenge this week :D

xx coops xx

mae said...

I don't know where to start! Everything is beautiful! Your creativity is just amazing! So inspirational! Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week.
Hugs,
Mae

Julie said...

I love it! This is So Cute! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

Hugs,
Julie

Only By His Grace said...

Intermediate level huh Norma??
Is the next level going to have three peek a boo holes LOL?
I just got used to the one hole.
Seriously though Norma your card is fabulous. I love those cute little mini's and they are coloured so beautifully. Wonderful job. I love it.
Hugs Maz

Anita Sæterdal said...

you are amazing, as always.

Thanks for shareing.

Hug Anita

Teresa said...

Beautiful creation, thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town this week. Teresa x

Kathleen said...

Wow so gorgeous. This is just amazing
Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town
Hugs
Kat xx

Cathy Lee said...

Oh my goodness! This is so sweet, Norma. I love the cute double minis on your card. You are so inspiring.

I followed your tut and created a card last week for my Midweek Magnolias DT project. Also mentioned you in my blog post. I am really loving this type of card.
Gorgeous!
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

ursula Uphof said...

I am so pleased I found your blog Norma.Thanks for the wonderful tutorials, templates, videos, etc. I still have a lot to see so will be back often. Have a great weekend, hugs. Ursula

Kit said...

These Peek A Boo cards are really cool. And this double version is especially cute. My only reservation would be the limited space available for a message....Any ideas for a way around that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...