Today we're starting a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. The new theme is 'Anchors Aweigh.' For complete details of the challenge and how you can join in the fun, visit the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog site. Don't forget to check out what my DT teammates have created to inspire you to play along with us.
I had no idea what I was going to make for this challenge and I was getting worried. Then Paulette of TLC Creations posted this freebie 'Keepin it Reel gone fishin' sentiment on her blog and a light bulb went off in my head. So...inspired by the sentiment (thank you, Paulette!) here's the card I came up with.
The inside looks like this...
And another sentiment with a play on words 'Good things come to those who bait'--I love sentiments with a play on words in them!
Here are close-ups of the Magnolia Stamps images being featured:
- Hooked Tilda from the Summer Memories Collection 2012
- Gone Fishing Tilda from the Sea Breeze Collection 2013
Magnolia Stamps are available from Magnolia-licious--Hooked Tilda is in stock, but Gone Fishing Tilda is out of stock. Diana carries a large selection of other both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps. If you don't see the particular one you are looking for, e-mail Diana and I'm sure she'll be happy to bring it in for you.
Check out also the stamps from Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Saturated Canary and Candibeans and Crafter's Companion, along with cutting dies from various companies including Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Magnolia Doohickey, Wild Rose Studio.
Prices are discounted, you get excellent customer service and you also get to earn 2% credit to be applied to future purchases.
- comment on related postings on the DT gals' blogs for that week
Crafting By Designs July Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Friends Challenge #9 - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft Challenge #8 - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #13 - Anything Goes
Penny Black and More July Challenge - Anything Goes With A Sentiment
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #122 - Summer Fun
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge - Summer Fun
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge #145 - Summer Sunshine
Not Just Cards July Challenge - Always Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #253 - Tic Tac Toe (patterned paper, twine, banner)
Thanks for stopping by. Your visit is always very much appreciated. Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!
Sentiments: From TLC Creations; computer generated
Designer Papers: me + my BIG ideas Modern Milan paper pad; DCVW the Nantucket Stack paper pad; K+Company Willams Design Embossed Paper
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Petite Ovals, Grand Ovals and Labels Thirty-One; Poppystamps 804 Tilda Swirl; Memory Box 98290 Valencia Border
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; fish charm from Live + Love Crafts; anchor charm from my stash
- face and skin: blush, burnt orange, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks: oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and boots (1st Tilda): burnt sienna, Touch BR100, caramel, sandstone, black coloured pencil
- hair (2nd Tilda): cocoa, raw sienna, spice, mustard, black coloured pencil
- blue overall (1st Tilda): midnight blue, 549-T, 652-T, 650-T
- blouse (1st Tilda): tan, putty, champagne
- blue overall (2nd Tilda): reef blue, french navy, sky blue, duck egg
- white shading: warm grey 5-T, cool grey 4-T, cool grey 1-T
- dotted background: grey green, 5507-T, tea green, 5527-T