Our Easter Blog Hop at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog gets under way today. To get complete details of the challenge and how to play along with us, please visit the challenge blog.
If you're already taking part in the Blog Hop and have arrived here from Chris' blog, then you're on the right track. If you didn't come from her blog then you just may want to start at the beginning. Here's a list of the participating DT gals in blog hop order:
Here's what I've created for this Blog Hop--it's an Easter Gift Box along with an Easter card.
Taking a closer look at the gift box first.
The box opens sideway to reveal that it's actually a 2-Tier Gift Box. Cool, eh?
I saw a model of this box on Pinterest, loved the design so I tried to recreate it. I made the drawers just large enough so each can be filled with 4 Ferrero Roches chocolate pieces...oh yum!
Edited: I've now posted the tutorial/templates for a 2-Tier Box that you can find HERE, if you're interested.
There's a tab at the top/back of the card that you pull out. The centre panel slides upward to reveal a surprise message/sentiment.
There's a Surprise Pop Up Card tutorial at the Splitcoast Stampers site HERE if you're interested.
Here are close-ups of the Magnolia-Stamps images being featured.
- Tilda With Egg and Chicken from the Little Easter Collection 2013
These stamps and other Magnolia Stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps. And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, e-mail Diana and I'm sure she'll be happy to bring it in for you. And currently until the end of the month, all regular size Magnolia stamps are on sale at 40% off.
And other-brand stamps that the store carries include Stamping Bella, Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Saturated Canary and Crafter's Companion.
There are two ways to win during our Easter Blog Hop:
- Bunny Scavenger Hunt (my hidden bunnies are in the picture below).
- Enter a project following the Hop theme below.
Both winners will win a $20 Gift Certificate from the Magnolia-licious store.
How to play:
1. Like us on our Magnolia-licious Facebook Fan Page.
2. Leave a comment on DT's post during the hop.
3. Count the Bunnies in each of the DT posts and send the total to Cathy Lee at email@example.com using "Easter Bunny Scavenger Hunt" in the subject line.
Scavenger Hunt Picture
For your next stop, HOP over to the blog of the super talented
to see what she has to share for you.
Crafting From The Heart Challenge #102 - Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude Challenge #13 - Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends Challenge #15 - Anything Goes
Crafty Girlz Challenges - February Anything Goes
Creative Corner Challenges - Bunnies Everywhere
Die Cut Diva's March Challenge - Something Spring
Dies R Us Challenge #44 - Shaped Cards (list of dies below)
Sisters of Craft March Challenge - Anything Goes
Where The Heart Is Challenge #7 - Easter/Anything Goes
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by. Your visit is always very much appreciated. Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!
Sentiments: Computer generated
Designer Papers: Basic Grey Wisteria Cornflower; My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus
Dies: Go Kreate XXL Square Frames Frilly #3; Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles; Spellbinders Petite Ovals and Die D-Lites Blooms Two; Memory Box 98312 Fancy Blossoms; CC Designs Olive Branch; Elizabeth Craft Designs 730 Curvy Leaves
Punches: Carla Crafts Small Cosmos (flower centres)
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pads Walnut Stain, Wild Honey and Dusty Concord; pearls and hemp cord from my stash
- face and skin: blush, burnt orange, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks: oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair Tilda #1: burnt sienna, cinnamon
- hair Tilda #2: raw sienna, mustard, pastel yellow
- hair and boots #3: walnut, terracotta, spice, apricot
- bunny suit: raw sienna, honeycomb, apricot, vanilla, buttercup
- purple/violet shades: spring lilac, amethyst, orchid, lavender
- yellow shades: mustard, pastel yellow, buttercup
- pink egg: peony, baby pink
- blue egg: duck egg
- white shading: warm grey 5-T, cool grey 4-T, cool grey 1-T
- grass: apple cider, olive green, forest green, pine
- dotted background: grey green, 5507-T, tea green, 5527-T