We're midway in our current challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. The theme is 'Anything Goes With Pearls.' There's one more week for you to join us--I hope you can play along.
Please hop to the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog to get complete details on the challenge and don't forget to check out what my DT teammates have created to inspire you.
Here's the card that I came up with--it's a front-panel centre side-step card.
This challenge theme is right up my alley as pearls are one of my favorite embellishments. I usually add pearls to my cards anyway, but one this card I've added a lot more of them than I usual do.
Here's a view of the inside of my card.
I love the fancy-fold feature of this type of card--it's one of my favorite card styles.
(You can find the template that I used HERE if you're interested.)
Here's closer look at the Magnolia Stamps images being showcased.
- Tilda With Heart from the You Are So Special Collection 2011
- Kangaroo Tilda from the Australian Collection 2012.
I've had this stamp for a long time but I think this is the first chance I've got to ink and colour the image --pathetic, eh? since she's just adorable.
Magnolia Stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps. And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, e-mail Diana and I'm sure she'll be happy to bring it in for you.
And other-brand stamps that the store carries include Stamping Bella, Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Saturated Canary and Crafter's Companion.
Challenges for this card:
Artistic Inspirations Challenge #153 - Anything Goes
Crafty Friends Challenge #28 - Anything Goes
Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #60 - Anything Goes
Die Cut Diva's Challenge - Something Spring
Dream Valley Challenge #128 - Girlie
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #131 - Anything Goes
One Crazy Stamper March Challenge - Anything Goes
Stempelsonne Challenge #162 - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Swirls and Pearls
Where The Heart Is Challenge #7 - Easter/Anything Goes
That's it for now. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate the visit. Hope you're enjoying your day!
Sentiments: Computer generated
Designer Papers: DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Boy paper pad
Dies: Go Kreate Square Frames Frilly #4; Spellbinder Petite Ovals; Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland; Memory Box 98312 Fancy Blossoms; Whimsy Stamps Elegant Flourishes; CC Designs Olive Branch; Joy! Crafts 6002/0162 Swirls 1
Punches: Punch Bunch Large Impatients; Marvy Uchida Small Star
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pads Walnut Stain, Broken China and Evergreen Bough; pearls from my stash
- face and skin: blush, burnt orange, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks: oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and shoes Tilda #1: burnt sienna, Touch BR100, caramel, sandstone
- hair and boots Tilda #2: cocoa, Touch BR92, cinnamon, tan
- green shades: peacock green, 563-T, soft green, pastel green
- heart: burnt umber, coral, dusky pink
- kangaroo: cocoa, raw sienna, mustard, pastel yellow
- yellow shades: lemon, primrose
- white shading: warm grey 5-T, cool grey 4-T, cool grey 1-T
- dotted background: grey green, 5507-T, tea green, 5527-T
- ground: sandstone, warm grey 5-T