Thursday, November 25, 2010

Dear Santa - November Christmas blog hop

Happy 25th of November!

Yikes! Already? Yeah!!! You know what it means...exactly one month before Christmas Day. It's also time for another Christmas card for the Christmas All Year Long Group and our November Blog Hop. The Christmas Group (thanks to Julie for organizing it) is part of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group (thanks to Deb also who is the owner of the Yahoo Group).

The start of the Blog Hop and also a list of the participants can be found at the Christmas Group's blog here.

If you are playing along and have arrived at my blog from Monique's, then you are in the right track. Your next stop from here will be at Peggie's blog.

So here's my last card for the Christmas Group this year. Yes, this is our last hop of the year--there won't be one in December.


Yes, this is another front panel side step card. I am loving this style of card. (Template for this is in a previous posting here, if you're interested.)

This was a card that I had created for the Magnolia Ink Magazine contest. The theme was to make a card with your best Christmas memory. I thought ‘writing a letter to Santa’ would be a fond Christmas memory. I cheated a bit here…tee hee…because I don’t actually remember ever writing a letter to Santa. I was brought up more on Sinterklass and Zwarte Piet. I do remember leaving grass in my shoes for Sinterklass' horse and hiding under the bed afraid that Zwarte Piet would take me away in his bag…LOL. What a hoot! Okay, enough reminiscing….


I am using this card for the following challenges:

Challenge Up Your Life Challenge #31 - St. Nicholas
Everybody-Art-Challenge #118 - Use shape
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #140 - Blast From the Past (Challenge # 103 - Dimensions)
Top Tip Tuesday Challenge #11 -Layer on Layer


The images I have used on this card are from Magnolia and they can purchased from Magnolia-licious on-line store. And if the item you want isn't in stock, please contact Diana and she will be happy to order it in for you.

On the front panel, I have the adorable Tilda Writing Diary sitting on the Santa Bench. And on the side panel, I have Santa Handing out Presents.

I have coloured Tilda and the Bench with my markers.

Santa, however, was actually coloured during my summer vacation when I was bumming around Europe with my Prismacolor pencils. So he is all done up with my Prismas. He looks like he is floating in air, but there’s actually a swirl design on the DP that I had him sitting on. You can probably have a better look on this flatten-card picture.


I won't bother showing the inside of the card, as I didn't do anything special there except to cover them up with designer paper.

Thanks for dropping by. I appreciate your visit. Have a wonderful day! And get busy with your own Christmas cards!!!


If you're following the Christmas blog hop, your next blog to visit is Peggie's.


Stamps: Tilda Writing Diary from Raising the Ceiling & Right Through My Heart Collection 2010, Santa Handing Out Presents and Santa Bench from the Santa Collection 2008. Ho Ho Ho sentiment from TPC Studio Christmas Expressions clear stamps.

DP's: from Me&My BIG Ideas Specialty Cardstock Pad Modern Milan.

Tools: Coluzzle Oval template.

Misc.: Recollections Autumn pearls, Vintage Attic Treasures pearls, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter




34 comments:

Peggie said...

Fun card. Love the way you used writing Tilda. Love her dress. Your memory was precious.

Sharon said...

Oh wow... this is absolutely gorgeous. I just love this card of yours and how clever to use this Tilda on a Christmas card... makes me think about all the others I have and thought I couldn't use this Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs Sharon

Nady said...

magnifique!!! bravo ta carte est superbe! j'adore tout tout tout!
Nadyne xx

Unknown said...

Hello Norma, a lovely card, I do like those folding stair cards (is that what you call them??). LOve the bright colours you used on this one. Greetz, Frea

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Norma (waving and smiling), your card is delightful! I love how that Santa's head it tilted so that he seems to be eyeing that list carefully. And that sweet Tilda frantically writing in her diary all that she want for Christmas...She looks like we took her by surprise!!! Beautiful job coloring and your dp is gorgeous...

Drea´s World said...

WOW Norma amazing is so beautiful I love it!!!
Great Coloration is perfekt!
Hugs from Germany your drea

charlene said...

Norma this is just to cute ! Your imagination is just somthing else yu always have the cutest cards
Hugs

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma, Fabulous card! Great idea to use this Tilda on a Christmas card! Very lovely colors.
Hugs Danielle.

Monique said...

What a lovely card Norma. I love how you used this Tilda for a Christmas card !!

Hugs Monique

Stampin'Piper said...

Beautiful card my friend! This is one of my favorite Tildas! Love her!

Big Hugs Tanja

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Norma this is absolutely gorgeous I love the stepper shape and the images are stunning.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous! I just love the stepcard.
Hugs
Cordine

Robin said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing card!!! And for sharing the instructions to make it. I love everything!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Oh Norma! this is outstanding workmanship. I love the images you chose. Your coloring is as usual fantastic.
Hugs Maz

Rene said...

This is SO CUTE! Love it! Great job...I've made two of these cards after seeing yours because they are so much fun!
Rene :D

Tanya said...

WOW! That is a beautiful card! Everything is perfect!

Candy said...

Wonderful card, Norma.
Great presentation with your different fold. Love the memory it represents. Your colouring of both images is perfect!!
Hugs, Candy

LindaC said...

Oh gosh Norma! This is adorable! Let's have a tutorial for making this type card! I love Tilda sitting on the bench writing Santa..too cute! Linda C

Julie said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love the scene you created with Tilda and Santa! Just FABULOUS! Thanks for joining the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Blog Hop!

Julie

Cami said...

Oh Norma, this card is so cute with all the images you put together. I'm loving these front panel side step cards and I do hope to make one for Christmas! Your coloring is beautiful, as always. Hugs, Cami

Leanne said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

This would be a fabulous entry into the Top Tip Tuesday Layer Upon Layer challenge this week - you can enter as many times as you like!

Hope to see you there! Leanne xx

cabio's craft corner said...

That's cute to add those sentiments and pefect images on this wonderful step card Norma. It is too cute!!
Hugs,
Cabio

debby4000 said...

Oh this is wonderful Norma, fabulous colouring.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet, Norma! I love the little scene you have created with Tilda writing a letter to Santa and there's Santa getting the letter! Adorable! Beautiful coloring with both your copics and prisma pencils. I will need to practice with my pencils! Wonderful work as always! hugs, Angela

Jenny said...

A beautiful shaped card. The images are coloured beautifully.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Myrna said...

Love the images you put together on this card Norma! I have to try this style of card LOVE IT!

StampingbugKerry said...

Such a pretty card. Love the images and your fabulous coloring. I've never seen that laout before so I'd like to try that out!

Kerry

Sandy said...

Happy Day After Norma! This card is delightful and if I only knew what a Zwarte Piet was I would be in business!! Really a nice card and I do appreciate the template on your blog.
sandy

Christina C. said...

My goodness, Norma, you certainly are a prolific cardmaker. Another beautiful creation for us to admire!!
I just love this wonderful card.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Cute, cute, cute, Norma!!!! Such a darling card! Love it! Great job!!!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Norma,
Superb! Gorgeous! Beautiful! Love it to pieces. Great job.
Blessings from Georgetown,
Leslie Avila

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful christmas card !!
thank you for joining EAC this week.
hugs tina46

Nixe-Moni said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Everybody-Art-Challenge.
Hugs
Moni
EAC-Team

Deb Mitchell said...

Ohhh Norma, OMG! You have the most beautiful cards on your Blog! This card is so outstanding- it is just beautiful & I love your colouring too! You have inspired me to no end, Thankyou for all the Gorgeousness!

Hugz

Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...