Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mini Easel Card Gift Box

Hello!

Oh dear, oh dear... it's the last day in November already!!! Sorry, but it'll probably be nothing but Christmasy things for me from now on until Christmas...and probably beyond that...LOL.


I’ve made this Christmas mini easel card (tutorial here) for a blogging friend. I also wanted to send her some little things to go with the card, so I’ve made a little gift box/drawer to put them in. Then I combined the two--glued the card on top of the box.

I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four for my easel card this time.

I had initially created one of those 4-drawer boxes to go with this card. That box is 6 inches square. But when I centered the mini easel card on top of the box, the card looks sooo… miniscule in comparison. The card and the box were out of proportion—just didn’t look right. So I had to downsize the box. I played around with my Nesties and found that the largest size from the the Labels Eight die cuts would look just right for the base. Then I just made the box/drawer to fit.



This is my entry to the following challenges:

Paper Sundaes Challenge #46 - Adorn those corners.
Creative Inspirations Challenge #48 - Christmas Gift.
Charisma Cardz Challenge 47 - One for the Girls.
Stamping for the Weekend Challenge 51 - Winter.
Crafty Catz Challenge 60 - Christmas.
Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club Challenge 45 - Use a Diecut.


All the images here are from Magnolia. I chose this oldie but cutie Tilda with Wreath (from the Winter & Christmas Supplements 2007). I’ve had her for long time, but you know I actually can’t remember if I’ve ever coloured her before now. I’m ashamed to admit that I have several stamps that are like that—agh!!! I need more time to play with them all…LOL.

And in the background is my charlie brown christmas tree...hee hee...it's actual Fir in Snow from the So Jolly & Under the Mistletoe Collection 2009. You can purchase Magnolia images from Diana's online store Magnolia-licious. If the item you want isn't in stock, you can ask Diana to order it in for you.
I've added glitter to Tilda's wings, gloves and all the white trimmings of her hat and coat. Also used some white glue to add some snow to the tree branches and then sprinkled glitter on them too.


So, this is going out to a friend who I hope will be surprised to receive it. Not surprise of the card/gift box itself—'cause she’ll probably see this on my blog...LOL—but surprise that she’ll be the one getting it.

December tomorrow! Lots more to make and do!

Thanks for dropping by. I really appreciate your visit. And thanks ever so much to you who left me comments. I do so love reading them—they give me a boost whenever I'm feeling down. Enjoy your day!

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda with Wreath and Fir in Snow (available from Magnolia-licious on-line store). The sentiment is computer generated.

DP's: from SEI Wintersong Paper Pad.
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Four and Eight, Big Shot Machine, Cuttlebug Dies Vintage, Marvy Uchida Scallopped Oval Punch, Colluzle Oval Template.
Misc.: Recollections brad, wooden button/plug, Martha Stewart crystal fine glitter, Tim Holtz distress ink pad vintage photo .

42 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

OMG - this is GORGEOUS! What a fabulous easel card with a hidden message and then abracadabra it's actually a gift box. You don't need to put anything inside. It's a gift in it's own right just as it is! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Loz said...

Wow Norma, this is goregous! I love it ♥

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous little box Norma!! Is looks so adorable with little Tilda sitting on top, and I love the colour combo you used. Greetings, Frea

Dena said...

Norma, you always inspire! This is adorable and so very clever! How cool would it be to receive this at Christmas???!!! Love it!
Hugs, Dena

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness...you have done it again! Your creation is so beautiful. This is gift box is a treat without anything tucked inside the box. Everything you make has such a wonderful touch! You give each card and project such attention to great details! I am so glad that you included a tutorial with this...I love trying all of your ideas! As for probaly posting lots of Christmas cards...bring it on..I love when I see you have posted!LOL

Suzi Mac said...

A beautiful creation, love the papers, colouring and that sweet Tilda. A wonderful gift for someone.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week. Good luck.
Hugs
Suzi x

Daisychain said...

What a great Christmas gift and I am sure the lucky person who receives it will be thrilled with it. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Inspirations challenge this time. Hugs Christine x

Jenni said...

Fantastic work, you're friend will be blown away when she receives this fabulous gift box/card! Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge.
Jenni x

Gem said...

beautiful creation! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma and good luck! Gemma :)

Becca Fabozzi said...

REALLY cute!!! Clever idea, and so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us at DCD Christmas Club

Kelly Schelske said...

This is gorgeous Norma!

Only By His Grace said...

hi Norma,
It's so easy to see how much you enjoy your craft. This is another beauty. I love the warm colors you have used for the box. Tilda looks adorable. I love this stamp. You are so clever at figuring out measurements. My gosh! if i did it there would be no guessing what it would end up like hehe.
Love the Spellbinder frames you have used and the cuttlebug corner dies?? I think. Super coloring as usual
Hugs Maz

Anonymous said...

Amazing project Norma. I have not gotten around to making any drawer boxes yet. I still remember the fabulous Advent Calendar chest of drawers you created last year!

I love how you elaborated on this one with the Spellbinder Nesties. Beautiful job with your coloring, love this sweet scene! hugs, Angela

Rene said...

How ADORABLE! Love all those special details...the card that slides over, the box, everything! Too cute!
Rene :D

Myrna said...

Love your images and the box. But then again love all your projects! I need to try one of these after Christmas. I've always thought the boxes were so cute.

Crystal said...

AMAZING Project! I love your design & your colouring is fantastic! So glad you joined us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Sandy said...

This just blows my mind Norma - I haven't even gotten to the easel card sage yet and you make one with a drawer in it! I agree with Crystal - Amazing!
Sandy

Suzanne J Dean said...

Oh how lovely this is Norma--I love every detail and what a fabulous holiday gift! Gorgeous!

hugz,
Suzanne

Candy said...

Oh Norma!!
You make the most wonderful things :o)
Your blog friend is going to LOVE this!!!
I adore it - you colour so beautiful and your design is awesome!
I wish I knew how to make these little boxes....
Hugs, Candy

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous box card Norma, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

cabio's craft corner said...

wow Norma, Visiting your blog is always a pleasure my friend. This is such a wonderful creation and what a great idea to case for this Christmas!!! Thanks for sharing another gorgeous project :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Cheryl said...

Norma, this is stunning! The love and effort youput into your projects is something I aspire to! Your work is ALWAYS gorgeous and this is no exception!

PepPop said...

What a beautiful gift box! It is absolutely gorgeous! Jaqui x

Christina C. said...

What a gorgeous creation!!!! Your project is absolutely enchanting.
The recipient of this little treasure is very lucky.

charlene said...

Norma this is just amazing I love these drawer boxes and have yet to do one ...maybe next year ! Awesome coloring and detail.
Hugs

Iulia said...

Each time I visit your blog I'm amazed at how clever and inspiring your creations are. I really have to try my hand at making boxes too. Definitely, this would be a wonderful gift for someone.
hugs, iulia

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Norma this is absolutely gorgeous what a wonderful gift and so beautifully designed this is pure perfection I love it thank you for joining our challenge at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

creacora said...

hai I discover your blog a week ago wow you make such beautiful things your work is a great inspiration I make already the lantern thankxxx
this card/box is also very gorgeous !!

greethings Cora

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

this is just amazing! Wow! What details you put into this! I'm very impressed and I'm sure your friend will be overcome with joy when she receives it!

Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes this week!
♥Lisa M.

Karen said...

Very nice, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

OMGosh Norma! That is just the sweetest thing. And so nice of you to do this for a dear friend. It's just lovely!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Silvie Z said...

Gorgeous project, Norma! Awesome job on coloring! Love the papers and embellies too! This will be a wonderful gift for someone!!!
Hugs,
Silvie
xx

Julie said...

Norma - This is just GORGEOUS! I love this little box.

Julie

Lisette Morris said...

This is adorable and I'm inspired to make one! This Tilda is sooo cute!

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh my! This is the project that keeps on giving! Just fantastic work. I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor! Thank you SO much for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week.

Deb Mitchell said...

This is absolutely AMAZING!!!!! Oh what a beautiful gift this would make so someone special! Thankyou for all the Inspiration Norma & I am now a followeres of your beautiful Blog

Hugz

Deb

Mary Lou said...

Hello Norma~~thanks for the visit!! I have to tell you that i view your blog alot but prob don't comment as often as I should~~Sassy me!!
I LOVE your talent and I get alot of inspiration and motivation from you!!!
Really great easel gift box:) I agree all Tilda's or Maggies are Wonderful!!
Blessings and Hugz

Maureen said...

This is just awesome! Love how you used the Nesties for the box - it makes a plain matchbox so much prettier!!

Patti Jo said...

The easel card alone is fabulous and then you added a treasure box too! Gorgeous work Norma! I love every thing you do!!!

Tracy Valure said...

Norma this is BEAUTIFUL!! Wow! I love it...you are just rocking those magnolias! Love the drawer too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous coloring and creating Norma! Your Tilda is so festive and love the tree in the background... This is one of the first Tilda's I purchased a few years ago and I will always love her! : ) Beautiful design... TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is fantastic...I love all the detail...you have really rocked the creative world!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...