Monday, March 12, 2012

Butterflies Flutter By - Sweet Stamping Pixies First Challenge

Hello!
Woo-hoo, I am so excited. This is our first challenge at the Sweet Stamping Pixies Challenge.  It is a monthly challenge--the 2nd Monday of each  month--dedicated to stamped and digi images of pixies, sprites and fairies.  Please hop over to the Sweet Stamping Pixies Challenge site HERE to get the details.  Have a look also at the prize that Simon Says Stamps is offering as the sponsor of this challenge.     

The theme for our first challenge is: Spring.  This is the card that I came up with. 



I have other fairy stamps, but since Magnolia stamps are my faves, I've decided to use one of them for my very first Sweet Stamping Pixie card.  This adorable fairy is called Beautiful Tilda from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011.  My favorite colouring medium is the alcohol-ink markers, but every now and then I like to use my coloured pencils and I've used them to colour this image--except for the dotted background which I've done with markers.  I've added glitter to the wings.   



This is actually a front panel side step card.  I've only made them with square cards before, but I sure like the way this round-shaped one turned out.  A couple of views here from different angles.  





I would like to join the following challenges with this card:
Hooked on Craft - More than 1 fold
Crafts and Me Challenge #74 - Things with wings
Flutter By Wednesday Challenge #193 - Spring Time
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge #58 - Fairies
Allsorts Week 145 - Say it with flowers
Stampalot Challenge - In the garden


That's it for me for now.  I hope you will join our challenge.  You've got lots of time--a month!!!  And for more inspirations, have a look at the fabulous cards that my ever-so-talented teamates have created, HERE. Or to go to their individual blogs, I've got their links on my sidebar.
Have a wonderful week! 


Materials and Tools Used:

DP's:  Echo Park Paper Victoria Gardens Garden Gate and Garden Trellis; Recollections Batiked My Interest Surf

Dies:  Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circles, Labels Twenty-Two, Classic Ovals and Classic Scalloped Ovals; Magnolia Doohickey Swirl; Crealies Creative Flowers CL CF 02 for the large flowers; Marianne Design Creatables Leaves; Cheery Lynn Exotic Butterfly Small
Punches:  McGill Flowers Petite Petals; for the flower centres I used Carl Craft flower, Fiskars Celestial corner punch and Michaels tiny sun; Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly Small

Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Vintage Photo; pearls and glitter from my stash


39 comments:

Hlora said...

This Fairy stamp is so beautiful!!! I wish I had the same stamp at me) Your card is lovely!!

dmbennett said...

Beautiful Norma.. Really like everything about it. do you have the directions on how to make a shaped front panel side step card???

Dawn Bennett
sassynlurch@yahoo.com

HeleneV said...

Norma, I'm stunned! What an amazing card!! I really like the way you've done a front panel side step card with a round shape. Not to mention your coloring and decoration. True inspiration!
Hugs from Sweden

Unknown said...

Wow this is just amazing work again!!!! The design is stunning !!! Wow Norma I just love your work!!!! Excellent!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, this is so totally cute!! Love the model card and Tilda looks so pretty with all the shine and glitter. Hugs, Frea

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! Norma, this is drop dead beautiful. I love everything about it, the wonderful color scheme, those spectacular flowers, magnificient coloring of Tilda, and this shape card, wowzer.
Totally awesome eye candy. Hugs.

Unknown said...

This card is wonderful. I love the colors and how your design is so unique. Thanks for posting. Lisa

Karen said...

This is beautiful!! I love the color combo!!

Regina said...

Norma!!! This is so gorgeous !! Love the colour combo and your colouring is always stunning!!! You did it again!!! An absolutely amzing job!!
Have a great week!
Hugs
Regina

Dawn said...

Stunning card! Every detail is just perfect!

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Your card is beautiful! Bye Mascha

Sazzle said...

Norma your card is simply stunning!! Your attention to detail is second to none and your colouring is exceptional :-)

Thanks for joining our “fairies” challenge over at Fussy and Fancy and good luck.

We currently have a design team call running, if you are interested why not pop over and have a look at the details.

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

Monique said...

What a pretty card Norma.

Hugs Monique

paola said...

i never get enough of visiting your blog and seeing your new creations, your work is outstanding and i love the die you used for your image and all the beautiful details make for another little masterpiece
smiles
Paola

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

cabio's craft corner said...

BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL card Norma. Love the sweetness of the shapes and your gorgeous flowers!! So glad you took bigger shot of the flowers, so I can see theme close. Lovely and eye soothing scheme on Tilda. The whole project is stunning :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

H said...

Stunning work as always Norma love the card.
Hugs Harma

Sharon Caudle said...

So beautiful, Norma! I love the shaped stairstep, and your coloring is gorgeous no matter what medium you use! Love your color and paper choices!
hugs, Sharon

pinky said...

Wow thats just stunning. I can't for the life of me work out how you came by that shape, its amazing. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Scrappymax said...

Wow Norma this is just stunning I love everything about it.
I regularly stop by your blog as I think you are an incredible designer. Could I ask if you have a tutorial on making a circle step card as I would love to have a go at one.
Max x

Sol said...

Beautiful shape of the card... Amazing colors you have used.. Beautiful Framing too.. Great Embellished and I love the use of Swirls! :o)

Jean said...

Norma, another super gorgeous card I think this one is so stunning with all the colors and the accessories.. your details are so amazing and your shading is devine.. Love your coloring of the Butterfly Dreams Tilda and the little butterfly above her. you did a wonderful job with the grass and love you choice of PR. Anyway this is exceptionally beautiful and I adore it..
Hugs, Jean

Sylvia said...

This is one piece of art Norma. Incredible beautiful. Your DP's, flowers, everthing is gorgeous. Your coloring is amazing.
xxxSylvia

Rene said...

WOW WOW WOW! Beautiful! I'm off to check out this new challenge...I love pixies! :D
Rene

Therese said...

Oh, such a lovely card! I love the shape. The flowers are just gorgeous...*me like*..;) :))

Barb Hardeman said...

Absolutely stunning Norma! As always your combination of shapes and dp's is fantastic. The beautiful punched flowers, leaves and swirls such a glorious touch! No matter what medium you use to color, your work is always gorgeous! Hugs...Barb <><

RoseC said...

Norma, your Beautiful butterfly Tilda looks wonderful on this scalloped circle/side-step card. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's Things with Wings challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Norma, love every single detail!

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you colored Tilda. The whole design is so awesome.

Karen

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Beautiful Norma! I love the flowers and your fold is wonderful, gorgeous creation
Hugs Julie P

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card this is Norma! Love your design and the pretty flowers you make. I can't imagine how many punches you must have but I LOVE these flowers and have to try to make some if I can find the right punches. Thanks for the inspiration! hugs, Angela

Candy said...

OMGoodness!
Norma your card is simply wonderful!!
I don't know how you can make all the wonderfully shaped cards - I just don't understand how to make them!!
BEAUTIFUL colouring, design and everything :o)
Big hugs, Candy

Chris said...

Your cards are always amazing, Norma, and this one is one of the most amazing I've seen you do. I love everything about it from your color choices to the design! It is so lovely! Thank you for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges. It was so nice of you to share your work of art!

Chris Christensen

Francesca said...

Hi
What a gorgeous creation , I love the colours and the Beautiful image
thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot Challenge

Hugs
Francesca

Anonymous said...

Such amazing details Norma!! Love your design and coloring hun!! HUGS

Ruth said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!
Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth

Sazzle said...

Congratulations on your being chosen in our Top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy Norma - don't forget to grab your blinkie :-)

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Olga Marie said...

I love this card! Thanks for sharing!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Wow what a super stunning card, its amazing, I would love to know how you managed to create the side step card with a scalloped circle as it look like it has been folded in half and then there is a front bit. Its very clever. Your colouring and embellishments are amazing Hugs Julie xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...