Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reach for the Stars!

Hello again! 
Oh so soon!  I don't usually do a posting one day after another one, but this is the 2nd Tuesday of the month, so it is time for a new colour challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
My DT card for this challenge is this criss cross card.


The super talented Angela is our hostess for the month of March and her challenge is to use 3 colours of the rainbow.  Here's a picture to help you decide which to choose.  For my card, as you can see, I've chosen purple, blue and green.   


Being featured on the front of my card is this adorable Tilda Catching Stars from Magnolia's newest stamp collection, Princes & Princesses Collection 2012. Many more oh so cute images from the collection.  I can't wait to colour them.  You can check them out at Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store. She has a fabulous collection of full size and mini stamps, doohickey cutting dies and magazines. Also available are those exquisite Memory Box, Poppystamps and Marianne Design dies, and other crafting tools and products. Check them out HERE.


The criss-cross panels form a pocket and I've made a pull-out tag to be inserted into the pocket.


I've chosen another Tilda from the new collection for my pull-out.  I chose this Sweet Princess Tilda to match the first TIlda because she is also carrying a star wand--I'm keeping to the star theme...LOL.  I left a blank space to write personal messages.  I'm thinking that this card can be used as a graduation card.      



I hope you will join us in our colour challenge.  To inspire you further, have a look at the fabulous cards of my DT teamates HERE.  There is of course a prize for the challenge, a $25 Gift Certificate from Diana's store Magnolia-licious.


As for me, I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simply Magnolia - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes Challenge #111 - Feminine Flare

That's all for now.  Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by.  Appreciate you visit and your lovely comments--I enjoy reading them.  Have a wonderful week and get crafting!!!




Materials and Tools Used:

DP's:  Provo Craft Spanish Fork paper pad; SEI Ally's Wonderland Morning Glory; Recollecction Aqua Plaid

Dies:  Spellbinders Labels Eighteen, Classic Ovals, Heart Circles and Rose Creations; Cheery Lynn leaf; Joy Floral Flourishes

Punches:  Martha Stewart edge punch; EK Success retro flower medium and small

Miscellaneous: Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Frayed Burlap; pearls and glitter from my stash







42 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh wow Norma. This is absolutely stunning. Just love your colouring and the colours you've chosen for your creation. I can't wait to receive my new Tilda's from the USA. hugs Sharon

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, adorable card Norma, love the colours and the sweet Tildas.
luv
Debby

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Beautiful criss-cross card and your color combo is stunning. Love all the flowers too.

mgoll88 said...

What an fantastic project... its great!!!
Looks very wonderfull, love you collored the new sweet images..
Perfect!!!!

LG
Michaela

Louise said...

Beautiful card Norma, love the colors and your layout is awesome
Louise

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I love purple blue and green together - so pretty. Gorgeous coloring and I love the design of this card. I love everything you do Norma, it is such a pleasure to see everything you make. hugs, Angela

Cathy said...

Wow! Beautiful colors and design. You are definitely one of my favorite designers.

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Norma!! Love this new collection and your coloring is so beautiful!! Love it!!
hugs, Sharon

Elle said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love the colors and the sweet, sweet images.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card - thanks for sharing! I'm a new follower, and am SO glad to have found you!

cathylynn said...

Gosh Norma this is beautiful!!! Love those colors and also the criss cross card!! Fabulous as ever!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, your criss cross card is so gorgeous!! I love the DP's that you used and those beautiful flowers that you made to match!! Both Tildas are colored so beautifully!!
Hugs,
Suzan

HeleneV said...

Lovely card, Norma! The color combo is so nice and I really love how you use Tildas inside your card. :)
Hugs, Helene

Danielle Champagne said...

HI Norma. I seem to be saying the same thing every time: love your card, it is drop dead beautiful, love the colors and those flowers are WOWERS. Your coloring of both tildas is fabulous. Hugs.

rovianne said...

gorgeous card with beautiful colours. May I ask how you made the flowers? They are stunning.

cabio's craft corner said...

Woohoo Norma, you did a beautiful pick on the coloring from the rainbow. Never know the blue and purple go so well until seeing your card. This crisscross card looks so gorgeous~~
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely Norma, I love the colour choice and your pretty Tildas, Delightful as always
Hugs Julie P

Jean said...

Norma, this is so stunningly beautiful, I love every detail of this card, from your Tilda colors to the PR you choose, to the flowers, the quote, the accessories and the adorable tag inserted into the envelope of Tilda's main page.. so clever.. A gorgeous card.
Hugs, Jean

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards and lovely colours:)

Karen said...

So beautiful! The purple and the turquoise are gorgeous together. She colored her so beautifully. I just got her with my gift card I won. I can't wait to put her on paper. Have a good day!

Karen

Karen said...

This is gorgeous!

Sylvia said...

Srunning card Norma. Your designpaper is gorgeous. And your coloring is beautiful as always.
xxxSylvia

Marj said...

Love this card! The coloring is great, the colors really grab you, the flowers are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
Marj

Barb Hardeman said...

Stunning, just stunning! Did I say stunning? And awesome too! Beautifully make, beautifully colored, beautiful flowers - just stunning! (heeheeheehee) I really mean it!!! Hugs...Barb <><

Teri said...

Norma, this is just as cute as cute can ever be!!! I love the color choices you used and oh my gosh, those new Tildas are simply too cute for words!! Your coloring is fabulous!!! So well done!!
Maggie hugs,
Teri

Candy said...

Norma,
Your card is amazing!!
Love these colours together.
Beautiful hand made flowers!
Your Tilda's are wonderful :o)
A work of art indeed!
Big hugs, Candy

Baukje said...

This is truly a stunning card Norma, like everyone else I LOVE the colours, your colouring (always perfect),and your beautiful flowers.
Hugs.........Baukje

Paula said...

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous!! I just love these colors together. And of course I adore the criss cross card - Looks fantastic with the Tildas!!

Rene said...

Gorgeous Norma!!!!
Rene :D

H said...

Gorgeous card Norma my favorite color to. the flowers are beautiful how do you make these
Hugs harma

Cami said...

WOW Norma, these 3 colors are so beautiful together, and I love this pocket card. The DP is lovely, your handmade flowers are beautiful, and you've colored both Tildas to perfection! This color combo is truly striking!
Hugs,
Cami

Marika said...

Good Morning

This is gorgeous.

Hugs,
Marika

Elle said...

This is so adorable! You can't get any cuter, can you?

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!!! and another Wow!! Norma, this is absolutely beautiful my dear. Love the colour combo and design. A gorgeous creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Christina C. said...

OMG...this is so gorgeous, Norma.
Love the card style, your magnificently colored Tildas and the fabulous details......a true work of art!

Silvie Z said...

Gorgeous card Norma, as always! Love the color combo and your fantastic flowers!
Hugs,
Silvie xx

Unknown said...

Wow what a stunning card!!!! The colors are so vibrant. Love the inside too!!!! Excellent work as always Norma!!!!!

Patricia Garcia said...

Lovely card Norma, beautiful colors and pretty images!! Take care!

Hugs,
Patricia

Sharon said...

I'm back again Norma as part of my DT commitment. Still loving this beautiful card of yours. Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Magnolia, good luck, hugs Sharon

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! Really gorgeous design Norma!! LOVE the colors and the beautiful design!! :) TFS!! HUGS

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning!!!!

inge said...

This is a gorgeous card Norma, just love the colours and flowers. Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia.

XX Inge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...