Today we're kicking off our Spring Blog Hop challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and we have a theme for it...'Circles, Dots, Spots and Blots'. You can get complete details of the challenge, the prizes to be won and how you join in the fun at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
If you're already taking part in the Blog Hop and have arrived here from Chris' blog, then you're on the right track. If you didn't come from her blog then you may want to start at the beginning. Here's a list of the participating DT gals in blog hop order:
Norma (that's me)
Moving on...here's what I've created for the blog hop...this set of perpetual calendar blocks.
The entire setup consists of the following pieces:
- two cubes with different numbers on them that you can arrange to display the daily dates from 01 to 31 (one cube has the number 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, the other cube has 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8)
- three 4-sided bars so you get 12 sides with each side displaying one of the 12 months of the year
- the display case itself
Edited: Tutorial for this can be found HERE.
The two Magnolia images being featured are:
- Virgo Tilda from the Zodiac Collection 2014
- Tilda With Flowing Hair from the Hoppy Easter and Spring Collection 2010
I'm also featuring the Impression Obsession die called Leafy Wreath which is currently on sale at a huge 40% off at Magnolia-licious.
Both the above Magnolia stamps are available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store where she carries a large selection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps. And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, e-mail Diana and I'm sure she will be happy to bring it in for you.
Check out also the stamps from Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Saturated Canary and Candibeans. along with cutting dies from various companies including Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Magnolia Doohickey, Wild Rose Studio. Have a look!
Prices are discounted, you get excellent customer service and you also get to earn 2% credit to be applied to future purchases.
I hope you can play along with us in our challenge blog hop. There are 2 ways to win:
1. All the comments are counted and a random winner will be chosen.
- comments on all the DT gals' posts (yes, that includes this one...tee hee)
- comments at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog
- 'like' us on our Magnolia-licious Facebook Fan Page
2. Enter a project (NO cards) and a random winner will be chosen. This person will receive a hand-made card by one of the Magnolia-licious Designers.
Challenges for this project:
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #113 - Favorite Embellishments (handmade flowers and pearls)
Fairytale Stampers Challenge #52 - Anything Goes
The Shabby Tea Room Week #247 - Pop of Pink
Not Just Cards Challenge #14 - Always Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart Challenge #50 - Always Anything Goes
Sisters of Craft March Challenge - Anything Goes
Scrapy Land Challenge #13 - Anything Goes (using dies from Cheery Lynn Designs, Impression Obsession, Memory Box, Spelbinders)
Crafting By Designs March Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting With An Attitude Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
Creative Corner Challenges - Nature Inspired
Craft My Life February/March Challenge - All Crafts
Thanks for stopping by. Your visit is always very much appreciated. Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!
Now for your next stop, hop over and visit the super talented...
Sentiments: Computer generated
Designer Papers: DCWV Berry Street Farmer's Market paper pad; DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl paper pad
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles; Memory Box 98437 Large Classic Number Set, 98312 Fancy Blossoms and 98316 Cherry Blossom (for flower centres); Impression Obsessions DIE090 Leafy Wreath; Cheery Lynn Designs B126 Grass Border; Spellbinders Rose Creations (for big flowers); Crealies Creative Flowers No. 02 (for red flowers); CC Design Leafy Branch
Punches: Martha Stewart Corner Rounder and Cosmos flower (for carnations); Recollections mini Daisy; Nellie Snellen Floral Punch Extra Large Leaf and Large Rose Leaves; Carla Crafts small Cosmos (for flower centres)
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; pearls from my stash
Colouring medium: Alcohol ink markers from Letraset - Promarkers and Pantone Trias; coloured pencils to help with the shading- face and skin: blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks: oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair (1st Tilda): cocoa, mustard, pastel yellow, black coloured pencil
- hair (2nd Tilda) and shoes: burnt sienna, caramel, sandstone, black coloured pencil
- pink shades: 702-T, antique pink, 701-T, baby pink
- red shades: burgundy, 1797-T, berry red, antique pink, Polychromos dark red
- green shades: pine, forest green, apple cider
- white shading: warm grey 5-T, cool grey 4-T, cool grey 1-T, black coloured pencil
- dotted background: grey green, 5507-T, tea green, 5527-T