Today being the second Tuesday of the month, it's time to start a new challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. The new theme is 'Sun, Sea and Sand.' To get complete details of the challenge and how you can join in the fun, visit the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog site. Don't forget to check out what my DT teammates have created to inspire you to play along with us.
Here's what I've created as my DT card for the challenge--a tri-shutter card.
I haven't made one of these for a while--I love fancy-fold cards. You can find the template for this Tri-Shutter Card HERE, if you're interested.
The scroll design corners were diecut and the sandcastle borders, starfish and crab were punched out using punches. Other than those, the rest of the embellishments were cut out by hand.
When laid-out flat, the card measures 6" x 12", but it folds to 6" x 4" for easy mailing.
- Bathing Ring from the Lazy Summer Day's Collection 2009
Magnolia stamps can be purchased from Diana's on-line store, Magnolia-licious. Diana carries a large selection of both full-size and mini Magnolia stamps. And if you don't see the particular one you are looking for, e-mail Diana and I'm sure she'll be happy to bring it in for you.
Check out also the stamps from Wee Stamps, Wild Rose Studios, Saturated Canary and Candibeans and Crafter's Companion, along with cutting dies from various companies including Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Magnolia Doohickey, Wild Rose Studio.
Prices are discounted, you get excellent customer service and you also get to earn 2% credit to be applied to future purchases.
- comments on related postings on the DT gals' blogs for that week
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenge #92 - Summer Fun
Sisters of Craft June Challenge - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards Challenge #21 - Anything Goes
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge - Summer Fun
Quick Creations June Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Time Challenges for June - Girls, Girls, Girls
Aud Sentiments Challenge #133 - Bingo (diecuts, rubberstamps, markers)
Sister Act Card Challenge #109 - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge #140 - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #11 - Anything Goes
That's all for now. Thanks for dropping by. Your visit is always very much appreciated. Enjoy your day and have a wonderful week!
Sentiments: Computer generated
Designer Papers: DCWV Baby Boy Stack paper pad
Dies: Go Kreate Small Frames Frilly #10; Cheery Lynn Design B162 Lace Corner Deco B
Punches: EK Success Beach Scene Edge, Circles, Starfish, Crab; Martha Stewart Grass Edge
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pad Walnut Stain
- face and skin: blush, burnt orange, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks: oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair (1st Tilda): burnt sienna, caramel, sandstone, black coloured pencil
- hair (2nd Tilda): Touch BR99, Touch BR102, cinnamon, tan, black coloured pencil
- blue shades in clothing: 279-T, cobalt blue, 283-T, 277-T, powder blue
- green shades: pine, 370-T, apple, meadow green
- orange shades: spice, apricot, oatmeal, saffron
- sky and clouds: icicle, 2707-T, 2717-T, cool grey 1-T, cool grey 3-T, cool grey 4-T
- sea: 317-T, 3105-T
- sand: champagne, pastel beige, khaki
- white shading: warm grey 5-T, cool grey 4-T, cool grey 1-T
- dotted background: grey green, 5507-T, tea green, 5527-T