Wow...it's September already! Calendar-wise it's still summer, but the past few days have been a bit chilly here. Hoping it will warm up again to extend the growing season for my vegetable plants. I want my beets to grow bigger!
I need to work on my Christmas cards! I took an inventory count and the number is sadly very very small. December will be here before you know it...tends to creep up on you...ha ha.
And so...here's a Christmas card that I just finished.
This Christmas fairy being featured is from a digital stamp from Sugar Nellie.
This delightful image is called 'On the Wings of Love' available from Funky Kits on-line store, HERE.
I've used my Letraset alcohol-ink markers to do the colouring--Promarkers and Pantone Trias--along with a few coloured pencils. I've also added some micro-fine glitter to the the wings.
Challenges for this card:
The Sugar Bowl Challenge #128 - Anything Goes
Sketchy Colors - #255 Sketch
ABC Christmas Challenge - R is for things beginning with the letter R (red, round diecuts, robin red breast birds)
Inspiration Destination Challenge #49 - Anything Goes
Digi Galore September Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons Challenge #109 - Tic Tac Toe (die cuts, digi image, sentiment)
Creative Moments Challenge #76 - Anything Goes/Use A Sentiment
Creative Card Crew Challenge #95 - Christmas
Holly Jolly Christmas Challege - Use A Die
Allsorts Challenge Week 327 - Lots of Layers
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by. I very much appreciated your visit. Have a wonderful weekend!
Sentiments: Computer generated
Designer Papers: Simple Stories Holiday paper pad; My Mind's Eye Be Merry paper pad; Basic Grey Wassail Winterberry
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles; Spellbinders Classic Ovals and Floral Flourishes; CC Design Olive Branch; Poppystamps 977 Berry Sprig
Punches: EK Success Small Leaf (for the flower petals); Carla Crafts Small Cosmos (flower centres); Fiskars Celestial 3-in-1 corner punch (flower centres)
Miscellaneous: Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink stamp pads Walnut Stain, Bundeled Sage and Forest Moss; pearls from my stash; Jewel Ritz micro-fine glitter Cool Highlights
- face and skin: blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla--for the cheeks: oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair/yellow shades: raw sienna, mustard, pastel yellow, buttercup,
- light brown shades: burnt sienna, Touch BR100, caramel, sandstone
- red shades: crimson, berry red, antique pink, baby pink
- green shades: pesto, 5767-T
- wings: denim, cool aqua, pastel green, 263-T, 264-T
- birds: warm grey 5-T, march hare, grey squirrel, apricot, peach
- white shading: warm grey 5-T, cool grey 4-T, cool grey 1-T
- dotted background: grey green, 5507-T, tea green, 5527-T