Sunday, November 25, 2012

Birthday Card - Everything Wonderful

Hello.

I'm working on a whole bunch of Christmas cards, but I can't show them yet because I want them to be received by the recipients first before I post them here.  Some of them are finished and some of them still have more work to be done on, but they all have to be mailed out...LOL.

In the meantime, I have this card that I forgot to post.  It was a birthday card that I made for a very dear blogging friend of mine.  I was waiting for her to receive it before I posted it, and then I completely forgot about it...yikes!  Losing some little grey cells here! haa haa...

Anyway here's the card...


I love this colour combo of pink and green--it's one of my faves.  I am featuring one of my favorite Tilda's also--this one is called Tilda with Flower Pot.  She is from Magnolia's Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011.  She was coloured with my Letraset Promarker and Pantone Tria markers.


The stamp for this adorable image is available from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store.
Other stamps, both full-size and mini, are also available from Magnolia-licious. If you don't see the stamp that you want there, just ask Diana and maybe she can bring it in for you.
Not to be missed are the variety of cutting dies from Magnolia, Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Marianne Design and Cheery Lynn Designs.
Diana provides excellent services, discounted prices and you also earn in-store credit for every order.

I've made this into an easel card.



Challenges for this card:
Totally Gorjuss Challenge #159 - Don't be square!
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Flowers
Polka Doodles Week #47 - Any Die Will Do
Dutch Dare Card Challenges DDCC #192 - Fancy Folds
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Anything But Christmas (DP's used are discontinued items)
Tilda's Town Challenge #28 - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge #39 - Pastel Colours
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Anything Goes excluding Christmas

Thanks for stopping by.  I very much appreciate your visit.  Enjoy your weekend!

 
 
Materials and Tools Used:
Sentiment Stamp:  Hero Arts 'Lots of Wonderful' 
DP's:  Anna Griffin and from my scrab bin
Template:  Crealies Cutting Templates No. 2
Dies: Spellbinders Label Twenty-Two, Standard Ovals & Rose Creations; Crealies  Creative Flowers CL CF 02; CC Design Leafy Branch 
Punches: Floral Punch Extra Large Leaf and Large Rose Leaves; I don't remember the punches I used for the smallest flower
Miscellaneous: Cuttlebug embossing folder Floral Screen; Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; pearls from my stash
Medium: Letraset Promarker and Pantone Tria markers (-T)
- face and skin--blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
- hair and boots--umber, cinnamon, tan
- coat and leaves--olive green, marsh green, 5767-T, 617-T
- dress, hair ribbon and flowers--shale, 694-T, 693-T, 698-T
- pot--terra cotta, spice, honeycomb, apricot
- butterfly and tag--mustard, pastel yellow, buttercup

38 comments:

Miranda Slagboom-de Groot said...

It's such a lovely card.
Hugs Miranda

Regina said...

Norma!!! This is ADORABLE! Love everything about it, the colouring, papers, embellishments, image and those amazing roses.
Have a marvellous Sunday!
Hugs
Regina

Ivonne said...

Beautiful card Norma. Love the color combo. The coloring is amazing, as always. Hugs, Ivonne

Mojca said...

Waw this is absolutely gorgeous Norma. I love the colours that you chose and cute Tilda image. hugs! Mojca

Cordine said...

Gorgeous card Norma!
Hugs
Cordine

Christina C. said...

Pure luxury......I'm sure your friend will treasure this beauty!
You make the most gorgeous easel cards...such beautiful papers and flowers! Superb coloring of this stunning Tilda....exquisite!!!!

Christine Dol said...

Card after card...you do such beautiful work! The birthday girl must have just treasured it!

Peanut said...

Fabulous card, Norma. Great use of dies. Thanks for playing along with us at Polka Doodles. Hope to see you again next week. hugs, Asha - Polka Doodles DT

Mariecrea said...

bonjour
vraiment superbe cette carte ; sa forme, ses tons, ses détails, j'adore ! bravo !
bonne semaine.

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card Norma and love Tilda and the fab shaped easel card.
luv
Debby

Maris said...

hi Norma, how are you dear, love your new creation, lovely coloring well done xx

MontanA said...

Beautiful card!

Clare said...

Wow what a beautiful card Norma. Love the shape and your colouring is amazing. Thank you for playing along at Polka Doodles this week. Hugs Clare xxxx

Chantal said...

She is so adorable! Thanks for sharing your Fancy Fold card with us over at Dutch Dare Card Challenges!
Chantal

Kelly said...

She is a lucky birthday girl!! I agree the pink and green are gorgeous together and so is the background that Tilda is on. It looks like broken pieces of a glass or mosaic in white. I love the card shape too. Very beautiful.

Chris said...

Oh, this is perfection with paper! You've colored Tilda perfectly! I so wish I could shade the folds so well. I look at what you do and just marvel at the skill and your artistic eye. It is a gorgeous card, Norma!

XO,
Chris

Karen said...

This is perfect, I love it! : )

Madge H. said...

Absolutely beautiful Norma! Love the soft pastels. Pink and Green are favorite combinations of mine also.
hugz,

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
this is one of my very favorite Tilda's. I love how you colored her.
Your papers are gorgeous and the design is fabulous.
loving those flowers.
Hugs maz

Sheri said...

Oh Norma! This is just beautiful! I adore the colors...and the card design! Love this so much!

Sharon Caudle said...

*sigh* your work is always such an inspiration, Norma. I don't know what else to say. I greatly admire your talent. You're amazing.
hugs, Sharon

Cathy Lee said...

Phenominal card, Norma. I love the shapes you use for your cards. Your Tilda is adorable and beautifully collored as always. This one is so special with it being an easel card and lovely flowers you made.
BTW, I made one of your Advent Calendar cards and posted it today for the Magnolia-licious Challenge. You are my greatest inspiration.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Damarys said...

Norma, I am amazed....you make the loveliest easel cards I have seen, and I think it's because of the unusual shapes. All your cards are winners!

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
Beautiful, just beautiful!!
I love your wonderfully shaped cards. Your work always is so professional!
This Tilda is one of my all time favourites. Mine have never looked like yours LOL
Love your colours and how wonderfully you decorated this one.
Love, Candy

Suzi Mac said...

Another stunning card Norma, love your colour combo and design. So precious.
Hugs
Suzi x

Sharon said...

Oh Norma, what a delight visiting your blog. Just love your creations. Another winner here. I recall I have this Tilda too, you've made her look so pretty. hugs Sharon xx

Natali said...

Oh, amazing shape easel card. Gorgeous flowers. Love pink and green colour combination. Lovely.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Flowers” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

cathylynn said...

Another beauty Norma!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card
Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare
Love Jan
xx

Gro said...

Beautiful card. And I love your coloring.
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town.

Hugs :o)

Karen said...

Norma,

Your card is gorgeous! I just love the unique shapes of your cards. And your coloring is fabulous.

Karen

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! la la.. Norma. this is simply STUNNING. i love the shape of your card, and this is my very very favourite Tilda. Such a lovely color combo, and so much softness.. Hugs.

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, your card is just gorgeous! I love the combination of shapes that you used and the flowers that you have made are so beautiful! Have a wonderful evening!
Hugs,
Suzan

Anonymous said...

I love the beautiful handmade flowers and pretty card shape, just beautiful Norma as always
Hugs Julie P

Doreen said...

Gorgeous Easel card. Fab coloring. Looks so amazing
many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
Hugs
Doreen xx

Manu said...

WOWOWOWOW Norma!!
I love this card, I love all your flowers, I love the sweet image and pretty color!!
Thank for sharing your creativity at the Deep ocean Challenge Blog.
Big hugs, Manu

Alyx said...

Such a stunning card Norma. Fab colours, image, shape...just wonderful.

Thanks for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Teresa said...

Brilliant card, so beautiful, for our Anything goes challenge at Joanna Sheen, thanks for playing along. Good luck in the draw.
Teresa x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...