Monday, November 12, 2012

JOY - Sweet Stamping Pixies November Challenge

Hello.

It's the 2nd Monday of the month, so it's time for a new challenge at Swiss Stamping Pixies.  The theme for our November challenge is:  monochrome.

Here's my DT card...and yes, it's another advent calendar card.  I have a few more to make of this, so I hope you won't get tired of seeing them.


I hope you will join us in our challenge.  To get more details on the challenge, the prize and how to join in, please  hop over to Swiss Stamping Pixies challenge blog and also have a look at the fabulous cards that my DT teammates have created to inspire you.

A couple pictures of the card here from different angles.



**Edited--If you're interested in making a similar card, HERE is the template with the measurements that I used. 

This adorable Magnolia image I am featuring is of Tilda With A Cute Lamb.


This Tilda is from the Little Christmas Collection 2012.  A very popular collection that a lot of the images are currently out of stock at Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store, where I get my wonderful Magnolia images.  If you would like to purchase this Tilda, contact Diana and let her know.  There is a vast selection other Magnolia images, both full-size and minis--check them out HERE.  

Have a look also at the selection of the wonderful cutting dies from Memory Box, PoppyStamps, Magnolia, Marianne Design and Cheery Lynn Designs. Those exquisite swirls on my card ar from a Memory Box Whimsical Flourish die.  Diana also gives fast excellent services and discounted prices and you get to earn in-store credit with each purchase--how sweet is that!


Challenges I am entering with this card:
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
ABC Christmas Challenge - V for Vibrant Colours
Crafts and Me Challenge #109 - Reds
Sweet Stampin' - Anything Goes
Dutch Dare Cards Challenge #190 - My Favorite Things (Magnolia image, swirls and pearls, hand-made flowers)
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #189 - For the love of Tilda
Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia Challenge #56 - Dies or Punches

Thanks for stopping by.  Your visits are very much appreciated.  I look forward to reading any and all comments.  Have a wonderful week!


Materials and Tools Used:
DP's: Basic Grey Euphoria Felicity; Cloud9Design Razzberry Heaven; from Recollections Believe paper pad
Dies: Spellbinders Labels Twenty-Two; Magnolia Poinsettia doohickey; Memory Box Whimsical Flourish; Crealies Creative Shapes CL CS 20 (for the letters)
Punches: Martha Stewart Scalloped Dot Edger Punch
Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Walnut Stain; pearls from my stash
Medium: Letraset Promarker and Pantone Tria (-T) markers
- face and skin--blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, oatmeal, pastel pink
- red--burgundy, antique pink, 701-T, 692-T 
- white area and ground--warm grey 5-T; cool greys 1 to 4-T
- background--5527-T, 5507-T

40 comments:

Tine said...

Beautifully coloured, Norma and what a great idea. Love it.
Tine :)

mixamatoasties said...

That's fabulous. Great idea. Beautifully coloured.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

Susan x

Mojca said...

Tired of your gorgeous creations???? Are you kidding!!!! I love your pretty card and your coloring is breat taking as always. Hugs! Mojca

Christina C. said...

Such a spectacular creation, Norma! Love this stunning advent calendar
side-step card! I always love to see what style of card you come up with.....it is always extraordinarily gorgeous!
Superb coloring of this cute image!

NancyD said...

This is gorgeous Norma. I was thinking of modifying your design slightly to make it work for the whole year. I will send you the link when I get it done. Nancy

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma, happy monday! such a lovely sight for my eyes this morning, this cute little Tilda is adorable and wonderfully colored, and showcase. I love the idea of the december calendar, very pretty ! Hugs.

Janine said...

This is such a lovely idea Norma. Cute image and beautifully coloured.
Hugs, Janine xx

Suzi Mac said...

Another stunning calendar Norma, beautiful rich colours and design.
Hugs
Suzi x

Sinikka said...

A beautiful calendar. Cute little Tilda is lovely colored. Great paper also
Hugs Sinikka

Tracey T said...

I love your calendar. The die cut shapes are a perfect finishing touch. Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Joey said...

Norma this is amazing! stunning job. Joey x

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, I just love this advent calendar that you have created. The red and white combo is just beautiful along with coloring of Tilda! Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,
Suzan

Ivonne said...

I love it Norma! The image is so sweet image and the coloring is amazing, as always. Love the papers, dies and punches. It is just stunning! Hugs, Ivonne

Sue said...

Absolutely stunning. I love the design and the colours and details are gorgeous

Sue

Maris said...

hi Norma, woww how amasing this is, love it xx

Unknown said...

Norma this is just stunning!!!!! Wow what a spectacular design and your coloring is just fabulous!!!!!! Another treasure!!!!!

R.V.Cards said...

Hoi Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia lover
What A great card you have made Lovely colors and a sweet image! Thanks you for joining us at the Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge blog hope to see you next time
hugs Ria
come and check out my blog and become a follower

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Dutch Dare this week
Love Jan
xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous calendar Norma :-) all the details are fabulous ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lolos x x x

Annette said...

This is gorgeous. I love the bright colours and gorgeous image that you've used. Fabulous advent card, and nice to see something different.
Annette
Netty's Cards
Proud to design for ABC Christmas Challenge,
Lili’s Little Fairies
and Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

Danielle C said...

Beautiful advent calendar card! I love all the die cuts, red pearls and the sweet Tilda! Thanks for adding the template make our own! Thanks for joining the Stamptacualr Sunday Challenge!
Danielle:)

Regina said...

Norma!! Your work is always amazing!! This card is so gorgeous and your idea is fantastic. Love it!
Have a wonderful week!
Regina

Ann Marie Governale said...

What a cool idea and just beautiful... so love these calendars! Thanks for posting the template. Have a great day, xxx Ann Marie

Karen said...

Such a gorgeous card Norma!!! : )

Chris said...

Oh, Norma, this card just melted my heart. I so love this stamp and how you've showcased the image is wonderful! I love how you framed the mat that has the image. It just draws the eye right to Tilda and the lamb. I just love the design and colors. It's gorgeous!

XO,
Chris Christensen

cabio's craft corner said...

Norma, your advent calendar is so brillant. I just feel like give those number a flip everyting when I see it, lol Love the beautiful and softness of those red coloring you did on Tilda. Beautiful!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Anonymous said...

Your advent cards are so lovely, thanks for the template, I'll have to try one of these
Hugs Julie P

Dena said...

I love these Norma! Gorgeous creation!!!
Hugs, Dena

cathylynn said...

What a beautiful creation. Wowzers Norman you always produce fabulous works of art. I love the colors. Great Advent Calender.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Suzette said...

Loving this project...thanks ever so much for joining us at stamptacular this week see you next week

Suzette x

Cathy Lee said...

Hi, Norma. Golly, I love these so much that I'm going to give this a try for my children and their family's for Christmas cards. Your Tilda is fabulous, not to mention your gorgeous coloring. I love the monochromatic colors, perfect for the Christmas season.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Chantal said...

Really love your idea of an adventcalender! It's so sweet! Thanks for sharing your favorite things with us over at Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week!
Chantal

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOw this is fabulous! I have just stumbled upon your Blog, what a lovely style you have! Judy x

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
Oh dear, your card is wonderful!
Love the colours you have used.
Tilda is just perfection !! First time I have seen this image coloured. I love the sweet face of the lamb!
Love, Candy

Rachel said...

What an amazing project, so pretty!
Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Brenda Schonig said...

Your card is beautiful and is bitter sweet to me. My Mother's Birthday is Dec 17 and she passed away in 1999 on Dec 21 right after her 67 Birthday. I love it...Thank you

Peggie said...

Beautiful! Just love it.

Kelly said...

Norma I am not tired of looking at this one yet! You always make thing so beautiful and they are different even with the same design, I saw the template, you are tempting me with! Thanks.

Suzanne said...

love these calendars, we need a tutorial on them please :) thank you for sharing at stamptacular this week

Jean said...

Norma, this is the most gorgeous advent calandar card I have ever seen.. Your Tilda with her little lamb is so precious and love your coloring and pp.. Just perfect!
Hugs, Jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...