Sunday, June 05, 2011

Christmas in June

Hello!

My Christmas card inventory is very very low...LOL. My plan to do at least one Christmas card per month just isn't happening. So I thought I'd try to catch up a bit here.

I'm also in the mood for practicing more with my coloured pencils, so that's what I've used with this Christmas card.





A new Christmas Challenge Blog, Christmas Challenges (with sketches), provided me with a wonderful sketch by Janneke. This card is for their very first Challenge.

Other challenges

Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 167 - Embellish it!

Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 110 - Anything Goes with the option of adding lace

ABC Challenge - V for Variety - at least 3 different type of embellishments



This Magnolia image is of Tilda Wants a Hug from the Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010. Anything Magnolia can be purchased from Magnolia-licious on-line store. If you don't see it in stock there, contact Diana, and she will try to order it in for you.



Thanks so much for dropping by. Your visit is very much appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Materials and Tools used:

Other stamp: PSX G-3341 Poinsettia. My sentiments are computer generated.

DP's: all from me&my BIG ideas value pack designer sheets Posh

Tools: Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels Eleven

Misc.: Pearls and lace from my stash

Medium: Coloured pencils (FB - Faber-Castell Polychromos, DC - Derwent Coloursoft, PC - Prismacolour Premier):
Face and skin - FC188, DC550, FC132, DC170, FC131, FC191;
Hair -FC Artgrip 176, PC941,FB179, FB180, FB182;
Dress - Cretacolour Carmine.

Paper used to colour on: Canson Bristol XL Recycled--I love this. The paper is 2-sided, one smooth and the other with more tooth/texture. And it's also bright white, not that off-white colour.


34 comments:

Only By His Grace said...

Gorgeous card Norma.
You certainly have the knack of those pencils. They are so relaxing aren't they? I love the design with those lovely papers.
Did you use odorless white spirits or did you use a blender pencil? Whatever you used it looks awesome.
Hugs Maz

Natali said...

Oooo.. She is soooo cute!!! Card just amazing!! Love all detailes.. Realy nice!!! Natali (Sorry my English)

Patti Jo said...

Well I would say you certainly don't need "practice" Norma!!! You've got the pencils down perfectly just as you do with the rest of your cards!!! Wonderful layout and beautiful work!!!

TRACEY O said...

Lovely card. Fantastic colouring.

RoseSommer said...

Ho Ho Ho....

Suzi Mac said...

This is such a sweet Christmas card, I love the papers, layering and that fab poinsettia is gorgeous, and your card is so beautiful inside too.
Hugs
Suzi x

Monique said...

Thanks for playing in the first CCWS challenge.
Your card is real stunning.
I love your crafting and how you dit it with the dress and the shadow.
A big WOW!!!

debby4000 said...

Oh Norma this is gorgeous, love the image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Michelle said...

It is an very nice card. I also make my christmascards every month. That is because I want to sell them.
Lovely greetings Michelle

Renata said...

Such a lovely card you made Norma, great stamp and I love the way you colored the stamp. Thank you for joining our challenge!
Hugs, Renata.

cathylynn said...

Norma this card is beautiful! You did an awesome job coloring and as always your details are great!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Peggie said...

Beautiful card. Fantastic job coloring.

Jane H said...

wow your coloring is just AMAZING

Regina said...

Wow this is stunning Norma !!!!! I love it !!!!! As always you did an amazing job!!

Have a marvellous week!
Love and hugs
Regina

Marie-Anne said...

What a beautiful card!

Marie-Anne

Barb Hardeman said...

Gorgeous card Norma. What a beautiful job you did coloring with your pencils. Your pleats and folds are so pretty and the coloring is so much softer looking than with Copics. Love the papers your used - the inside is a delight! Hugs, Barb

ps- love love love that beautiful poinsettia.

Elle said...

What a beautiful edition to your Christmas card collection!

Myrna said...

Beautiful, beautiful Norma! Love everything about it! Awesome job with the pencils!

Cathy said...

Whooo, pretty, like this card!

Rene said...

Gorgeous as always Norma!!!! I wouldn't mind a cool Christmas breeze here...it's HOT!
Rene :D

Sandy said...

Beautiful Christmas Card Norma!!
Sandy

Unknown said...

Fabulous christmas card!!!! I love it!!! Your coloring is awesome!!!! Way to go!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Norma! Your coloring with those pencils is spectacular! Really wonderful! Did you also use the gamsol with your pencils? I need to practice with my pencils too.

This card is gorgeous! Have a great day, big hugs, Angela

Dina said...

very nice card and nice interpretation from the sketch, thanks for joining ccws

Karen said...

Beautiful! : )

Paula said...

Gorgeous card! I love the coloring with the pencils - WOW - looks great!!

Cassy said...

Norma, your coloring is STUNNING!! The whole card is just precious!
:o)
Cassy

Danielle Champagne said...

Norma, how could I miss this wonderful card! LOve all the paper layering, and Tilda is wondefully colored. Beautiful lace and awesome pointsettia. a WOWZER.
Hugs.

Pat said...

Stunning Norma!! Absolutely stunning...especially your coloring!! I love your work! Hugs. Pat

Peggie said...

Great card. Fabulous coloring job.

Stampin Mindy said...

Great dimension on the flower. Your coloring is just beautiful!
Thanks for joining us this week at Cute Card Thursday!

Hugs, Mindy

Anonymous said...

Norma, she's absolutely stunning!! I adore your colors!! HUGS

cabio's craft corner said...

Lovely coloring work on this Tilda image using the Pencils Norma. I sure need more practice as I only used about 5 times and my pencils still look like it's new in the tin box, lol.
Beautiful Christmas card. Oh my, my Christmas card inventory is empty and i think I really should get some done before Christmas comes!! Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Iulia said...

Gorgeous coloring here too! Wow, how I love those pleats! Love the neat look of your cards! Always so perfectly executed!
Hugs, Iulia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...