Friday, June 17, 2011

Wonderful and Special Day

Hello! Happy Friday! Weekend coming up...woo-hoo...

I have a card to show you. Duh...what else! LOL.



I borrowed the sketch from Just Magnolia's last week's challenge for my layout. It took me too long to finish this card, so I missed the deadline...oh well.

This is a very girly Tilda, but she is just sooo...cute that I couldn't resist getting her. She is called Wonderful Tilda and she is from Magnolia's latest/newest collection, Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011. You can purchase her also from Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store.



My colouring here was done with my coloured pencils.

I used the Spellbinders Lacey Circle die to match the ribbon with the looped edges that I found at Michaels. And also because I saw Pat's card where she wove a string of pearls in and out of the die cut's paper loops. I wanted to do the same. You can see her fabulous card here.

I am entering the following challenges with this card:
The Official Magnolia Inspiration Challenge TOMIC - Challenge #2 - Pink + White + Brown
Paper Sundaes - Challenge #73 - Girly Girl
Stamp With Fun - Challenge 115 - Pearls and Flowers
Simon Says Stamps - Let's Play Bingo (shape, ribbon, sentiment)
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 169 - Birthstones! (agate)
Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 84 - Flower Power
Emerald Fairies - Challenge #3 - Petals
Stamp Something - Pretty Papers



Thanks so much for coming over for a visit. I appreciate your dropping by. Have a great weekend!



Materials and Tools used:

DP's: Art Impressions Pink Stripe, American Crafts Baby Miss Muffet, one sheet from Hot Off the Press Paper Pizazz Jacie's Vintage Papers.

Tools: Spellbinders Lacey Circles and Foliage, Coluzzle circle template, EK Success Retro Flower punch medium and small, Carla Craft Flower Centre punch, Martha Stewart twig punch.

Misc.: Ribbon and string of pearls from Michaels, Recollections half pearls, Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pads Vintage Photo and Weathered Wood.

Medium: Coloured pencils (FB - Faber-Castell Polychromos, DC - Derwent Coloursoft, PC - Prismacolour Premier).Face and skin - FC188, DC550, FC132, DC170, FC131, FC191Hair: PC946, Derwent Artist 6100, FC179, FC180Dress: FC193, PC1018, PC1014

Paper used for colouring: Canson XL Recycled Bristol

34 comments:

Cor* said...

Very pretty pearls thru the nestie! And your layout is divine, even if you missed the deadline...it is a winner all on it's own! Great coloring!

Helga said...

Hello Norma,
I follow your blog for a long time. I never leave any message because I can type bad english! Let me translate this message via the Internet;)

I think you really are creating beautiful make, one more beautiful and more splash than the other. So even though you do not hear from me I follow you a lot of fun.
Fine weekend packages
Helga from Netherlands

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Norma. Tilda looks gorgeous and I love the flowers they are wonderful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Sharon Caudle said...

Yet another gorgeous card from your talented hands, Norma! I love Tilda and those flowers are so yummy! Stunning colors and papers and your coloring is beautiful!
hugs, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Чудесная!!!

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma, OH!!! so precious. I love this rich color combination, and those very lovely design papers. Wonderful coloring of Tilda, Florwers and lovely pearl lace are gorgeous details, that bring such charm to your card.
Awesome.
Hugs.

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, that is so funny, you and me both!! Check out my card with the same story LOL!! Same sketch and also missed the deadline, silly us right?! But your card is simply adorable, love this Tilda, I actually think this is one of the best collections ever dont'you? Hugs, Frea
P.s. I have some candy on my blog, you're more than welcome to join in on the fun!

Sharon said...

Oh wow Norma, what a stunning creation. Fabulous colouring too. hugs Sharon

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, what a spectacular work of art, Norma!!!! Love this combination....magnificent design and details!

cats whiskers said...

This is just stunning Norma dear
Hugs
Jac xx

Elle said...

Beautifully done!

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous card Norma. Love the beautiful beading around the die frame. The flowers are so pretty. Super adorable card!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Barb Hardeman said...

Hi Norma, what a beautiful card. Your art work is phenomenal! Love the pretty background paper and the way you wove the pearls around your lacy circle! Gorgeous coloring and flowers. Hugs, Barb

Kim said...

Beautiful card. I can understand why you couldn't resist this little gal. She is adorable.
Thanks for sharing.

Tracey Manderson said...

What a beautiful card!so much detail. Thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
Hugs
Tracey

Karen said...

Very pretty! : )

Peggie said...

Oh how lovely. Love the pearls laced through the scallops.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is gorgeous Norma! Love the pretty combination of papers and the pearls strung through the die is an elegant touch. Beautiful flowers framing your card! Wonderful!! hugs, Angela

Candy said...

OH NORMA!!
How beautiful!!! Your colouring with pencils is as good as your colouring with Copics :o)
LOVE all of your handmade flowers, and pearls.
Gorgeous papers too. Great design :o)
Hugs, Candy

Only By His Grace said...

Beautiful as usual Norma. I love how you have arranged the flowers. They look gorgeous. you are very clever at making your own flowers.
I love the pearls threaded through the lacy circle. Your coloring is once again spot on. The DP's are lovely.
Hugs Maz

paola said...

WOW! Norma how you manage to make such perfectly matched flowers and beautiful cards every time i will never be able to understand, this is gorgeous girlfriend, such amazing coloring too, i love it!
smiles
Paola

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! The paper are beautiful and so is the design of the card!!!! Fabulous!!!!

Pat said...

Sooo cute, Norma! I Love this little Tilda...her outfit is so adorable! Beautifully colored ...and your designwork is stunning!! Hugs. Pat

Diane said...

Such a lovely card, Norma - gorgeous colouring!
Diane x

Rene said...

Loooove it! Your coloring skills always amaze me! I haven't yet tried Prisma on their own...I always use them to supplement my Copics. Thanks for the inspiration!
Rene :D

Judy K. said...

Beautiful coloring Norma! Love the layout and paper and flowers you used. Just a gorgeous card!!
Hugs
Judy K.

Chris said...

Oh Norma, as always, your card is absolutely gorgeous! You are truly an inspiration to other artists!

Yani said...

This is so pretty... loved every single detail about this, specially how you colored Tilda. Great job and thanks for joining us at TOMIC!

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Norma,
Love love love this adorable card! The papers you used are beautiful and the image is shaded perfectly!
Blessings,
Leslie

Pat said...

Oh honey...aren't you so sweet to give me credit! You can steal my ideas anytime...I'm honored! Your card is stunning!! Hugs. Pat

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Norma, so very sweet and pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & playing bingo with us :)
hugs Mandy xx

Oliver said...

NORMA NORMA NORMA!!!

This card is almost too BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sorry for not commenting so often me and my computre ar enimies


Have a super good day


/Oliver

Debbie Pamment said...

As always Norma your work is totally gorgeous!!! I know I've missed so much on your blog and I apologise for not being around but I do have a good reason!!!
xXx

Eulanda said...

Ummmm WOW!! I have decided to give you the title of "Queen of Flowers" because you just amaze me with your floral creations. I luv luv luv the pearl looping through the nestie and I think that's a must try for me!! Great color combo and fantastik card!! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...