Tuesday, June 07, 2011

You Make Me Smile, Sunshine - Guest DT Card

Hello! Happy Tuesday!

Woo-hoo...I am a Guest DT at Top Tip Tuesday for a couple of their challenges. I am so jazzed about joining the ladies at Top Tip Tuesday because I think I am their very first Guest DT. I feel sooo... honored. I'd like to thank Leanne for giving me this opportunity.

For this week, the theme for their Challenge 37 is: More Than One Fold. I've made a front-panel side step card. I think this is my next favorite type of card, after the easel card.






I would like to use this card as my entry into the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Challenge 12 - Lace
Magnolia Stamp Lover Challenge - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - Challenge 72 - Let's get sentimental
Crafts and Me - Challenge 37 - Punch it out!
Cute Card Thursday - Challenge 167 - Embellish it!
Paper Play Challenges - Week 22 - Summer Citrus Splash
Just Magnolia hAnglar & sTanglar - Week 110 - Anything Goes with the option of adding Lace
Sundays With Chrissy - June challenge - Here comes the sun.
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Challenge 155 - Here comes Summer




This adorable Magnolia image that I have used for this card is of Running Tilda and she is from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011. This stamp is available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.


I am still in my coloured pencil mode, so I have coloured this with my mixture of Prismacolour, Faber-Castell and Derwent pencils. Up to now, I have been experimenting using odourless solvent(or some people use mineral spirit or gamsol) with my coloured pencils, but this time I wanted to try the colourless blender pencil. I think I find this more to my liking. I will have to practice more to be sure...LOL.


If you're familiar with my work, you know that I luvvv... to decorate the inside of my cards (hee hee...when I have the time, that is). I've added another sentiment and another set of images here.



Both the sentiments on the front and in the inside of my card are computer generated. I've used a mini Magnolia stamp here called Mini Sitting Angel Tilda, also available from Magnolia-licious.
She's just so adorable that she's my favorite from the Merry Little Christmas Collection 2010, or rather the full-size version is...LOL.




That's it for me. Thanks so much for dropping by. I appreciate your visit. Have a wonderful week.



Materials and tools used:

Stamps: Docrafts Clear Stamps Botanical Set Sunflower Burst. The sentiments are computer generated.

DP's: Scenic Route Paper Co. North Shore Stoked Stripe, Making Memories Multicolor Floral Spring

Tools: Go Create Die, Spellbinders Grommet Tags and Classic Ovals, Punch Bunch Daisy Punch Small, Martha Stewart Daisy Dot Edge Punch, EK Success Leaf Punch

Misc.: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp Pad Tea Dye, Lace from my stash

Medium: Coloured pencils (FC - Faber-Castell Polychromos, DC - Derwent Coloursoft, PC - Prismacolour Premier).
Face and skin - FC188, DC550, FC132, DC170, FC131, FC191
Hair and shoes - PC946, PC948, PC941
Dress - PC1033, PC939, PC1010
Sunflowers - PC942, PC1012, PC1011, PC914, PC948, FC179, FC180, FC182
Leave and stalks - FC174, FC 170
Mini Sitting Angel Tilda's dress and flowers in flower basket - PC1025, PC1024

54 comments:

Sara H said...

What a sweet card! The images are adorable and i love the inside!

creacora said...

wow this is amazing love every detail off it and your colouring the dress oooo so perfect !!

Hugs Cora xx

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Hey Norma, so nice to see you on Top Tip. I'm excited to be working with you! Still knocking those Maggies out of the park I see:) This flower and maggie is too cute!
HUGS
Tammy Louise

Debbie said...

Stunning creation Norma, as always your skill is beautiful. Debbiexx

Grenouille Greetings said...

And this extravagantly built card made me smile too. It's BEAUTIFUL! I especially love little Tilda on her sun flower. Hugs, Lesley

Diane said...

What a super, super gorgeous card, Norma and the colouring is fabulous!
Diane x

Tracy Valure said...

Oh my goodness Norma, this is beautiful!! I love the sunflowers behind your Tilda and the Tilda sitting on the sunflower is just gorgeous!! Love your coloring, I haven't played with my pencils in sometime, they are fun! Your coloring is beautiful with them!
Hugs,
Tracy V

Danielle Champagne said...

NOrma, I love all about this card, the warm sunny colors of summer, this Tilda that is among my very favorites (another one!) your coloring is magnificient. The sun floer scene is ravishing, totally beautiful, And the inside is just as FANTASTIQUE. The shape of the pannel behind Tilda is wonderful. You started my day very happily!
Hugs.

Mandy said...

Oh wow stunning card Norma, I love everything and your colouring is beautiful as always.
Thanks for joining us for our "citrus splash" challenge at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

NancyD said...

Truly amazing design and beautiful coloring. The overall composition makes a wonderful statement.

Janine - Ellabella said...

Norma this is soOoooOOo GORGEOUS as always! I love your style .. so dreamy!!! Your colouring is simply STUNNING and I love your details!!! Woweee! Hugs Janine

dolcreations said...

Oh my word Norma...you have done this card to perfection. Your Tilda running thru those gorgeous sunflowers is amazing.....
I love when you do the inside of your cards...love love love it! That is awesome how you have done Tilda sitting on the sunflower!
Beautiful colouring too!
Go Canucks Go! What a game last night....things are going to turn around for them though!

Marie-Anne said...

What a beautiful card!

Marie-Anne

Zoe said...

Oh Norma, this is just stunning. I love your pencil colouring! WOW. And as always everything is decorated just perfectly. hugs sweetie! xxoo

Gloria said...

Oh my gosh this card is amazing.....I love every aspect of it. Thanks for sharing it...

Card Crazy said...

How beautiful. The oranges are so vibrant and brilliant. Sunflower background is perfect. Love how you nestled mini Tilda in the sunflower. You're always so very creative.
Sue S.

Paula said...

WOW! I love this card!!!!! Your coloring of Tilda is incredible!!! Your cards are so perfect, no wonder you're a Guest Designer - Congrats!!!!

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Norma, well what can I say that hasn't been said already. Your card is so darling. I love the design, lace, colouring. It's so beautiful.
Hugs
Suzi x

Rene said...

Norma this is GORGEOUS!!!! Tilda looks wonderful on top of the sunflower and I love your little scene! Just adorable!!!!
Rene :D

Candy said...

Hi Norma,
Big Congratulations on the Guest DT!!!
Your card is out of this world.
I would never have thought one could colour this fantastic with pencils!
Hugs, Candy

Kelly Schelske said...

This is so wonderful Norma! Love it!

Barb Hardeman said...

First of all, BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ON YOUR GUEST DT POSITION!!!!!! Well deserved honor my dear! Now on to your card...Norma...this is fabulous! Your coloring is utterly fabulous, I love the way you've done the folds on Tilda's dress. You're a pro!! The design of the card is gorgeous and such delightful dp to match your images! Utterly gorgeous work of art!
Hugs XX
Barb

Christina C. said...

Oh my goodness, Norma....leave it to you to come up with another magnificent work of art! Love this gorgeous creation...the colors are spectacular and your coloring is over-the-top gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! this is like! WOW WOW WOW!! stunning! soooo pretty and stylish! totally awesome! great job and sooooo happy your our first Guest! and really hope to see you again! hugs Samantha :0)

Sharon Caudle said...

Ms Norma, this card is spectacular!!! Top Tip is lucky to have you! Love her running in front of those gorgeous sun flowers! And the fold of this card is really cool! Love it!!!
hugs!

Unknown said...

Wow congrats and you sure deserve it with creations like this!!!!! Wow Fabulous!!!!

Vivi Casale said...

awww. totally adorable card!! love your coloring!!
Thanks so much for joining us at MSL!
Vivi

Pat said...

Hi Norma...you never cease to amaze me with your gorgeous creations!! I love this one...which makes it pretty much like every other card you've made since I've known you. Stunning, babe! Hugs. Pat

cabio's craft corner said...

Congratulations on the GDT~ Gorgeous sunflower field on the back for Tilda and the beautiful inside too. Love those laces and sweet details. Beautiful card Norma!
Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Chris said...

Oh Norma, I LOVE this card. I absolutely love sunflowers. Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is another gorgeous card colored with pencils! Beautiful scene - love those sunflowers in the background. Beautiful job Norma! big hugs, Angela

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, just love this and your coloring is awesome!

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers and hope to see you again on 6/19 for our button challenge.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Sandy said...

I agree with all of the above and more. Norma, your art work is spectacular!!!
Sandy

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Its such a pretty card, love it, the sunflowers are wonderfull!
Bye Mascha

Lisette Morris said...

This is gorgeous!I have always loved Sunflowers and this card just makes me smile from ear to ear! Fantastic coloring and layout!

cathylynn said...

Norma this is down right GORGEOUS!!! Gee your coloring is phenomenal!! Love it inside and out. What a great design you've come up with. Congrats to you too!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Monique said...

Lovely card Norma.

Hugs Monique

Betsy said...

GORGEOUS card! I love sunflowers, and the way you've put Tilda with them is perfect!
You've inspired me to try a step card ~ yours is so pretty!

Elle said...

Adorable! I love your design and that lace is soooooo beautiful.

Cathy said...

Wow, beautiful, amazing!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is totally precious inside and out!! LOVE your coloring and your fun card design!! HUGS

Caroljenks said...

Wow Norma this is just stunning! Your colouring is perfection and the images are gorgeous, especially the image in the centre with Tilda sitting on the flower, it's awesome!

We are so pleased to have you as a GD over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Minna said...

OMG!! This is so beautiful and I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday Challenge.
Hugs,Minna

Kelly said...

Geez Norma, your killing me, I just love your cards so much, they resemble pieces of art. I love the mini on the sunflower. I love the front and the colors. So perfect. I really enjoy looking at your creations.

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Norma! Love the scene you created!

Julie

Dawn said...

Hi Norma, Stunning card both inside and out. Gorgeous colouring with the pencils. I tried a colourless blender once, and to my horror it turned my grey puppy green! If you get a chance, I would love to know what brand you use before I give up on the idea entirely. Hugs, Dawn

Iulia said...

Truly fabulous Norma! Love these colors and your pencil coloring is absolutely fantastic! I just don't think coloring can get better than this! Great design work and the inside looks gorgeous too!
Hugs, Iulia

Cami said...

Hi Norma! How are you? Well, it's been a while that I got on the computer and went on vacation but what a delight to visit you. Congrats on your GDT! Your card is gorgeous and so is your coloring! I just pulled out your instructions for a 6" front panel side step card and was debating on the DPs, and you have inspired me! You always do a great job, inside and out, on your cards!
Hugs, Cami

Christine said...

Norma, this is fabulous!! Your coloring is perfect, and I love the scene you've created! And the inside, wow! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

DANG YOUR SO GOOOOD!!!

OH Norma this is amasing sweetie.The papers couldn't be any more perfect.

The colouring is a jaw dropper btw lol! GORGEOUS Pleating I see them ((smile))

THE LACE IS BREATH TAKING.Love every detail,Ruby♥

kaz said...

What a Lovely card, your clouring is amazing.
Crafty Kaz

Alica said...

so sweet! Love how you combined Tilda and sunflowers! Great inside too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Hugs,
Alica ;)

Eiglas said...

Beautifully created and coloured Norma - you do Tilda's so wonderfully well!
Hugs
Eiglas
(CraftyCardMakers)
x

Vixykins said...

Gorgeous work Norma and love the inside too!
Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me Challenges and pop back tomorrow for our new challenge x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...