Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's your day! - Guest DT Criss Cross Card

Hello! Happy Summer everyone! The calendar says it's the first day of summer, but looking out the window, I'm not sure I agree...LOL. I have a few strawberry plants in my garden plot and I have yet to harvest my strawberry this year...sigh.

This is my 2nd and last Guest DT card for Top Tip Tuesday. Their theme for this week, Challenge #39, is 'Cross It' - "...cross your papers, cross your ribbons, cross your twine and then cross your fingers! Basically you can 'cross it' or you may want to have a go Annette's fab Tutorial...". Yes, one of their DT ladies, Annette, has created a wonderful easy-to-follow tutorial on a criss cross card. I decided on the criss cross card as you can see.





This adorable little gal that I've used on the front of the card is from Magnolia's latest Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011 and she is called Lying Tilda. This stamp and anything Magnolia can purchase from Magnolia-licious on-line store.

I'm going back and forth in colouring with my markers and my coloured pencils--I love both mediums now. For this card, I've coloured my images with markers--my combo of Promarker, Touch and Letraset Pantone Tria markers. Although I've also used some coloured pencils to deepened the shadings.


This is my first criss-cross cards! I'm wondering why I haven't tried this before--I'm loving this type of card. Thanks for Top Tip Tuesday for having this theme as a challenge. I will surely make more of these.

I do like how the two front triangular panels are glued at the bottom to form a pocket.



I guess you can insert anything you want into the pocket, but I have created another card front to put in it. This is the full view of the inside card.



This adorable Tilda is called Tilda Playing Hopscotch. She is also from the Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011, also available from Magnolia-licious.



I would like to use this card to enter the following challenges:

Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 85 - Pearls and Swirls
The Paper Shelter - Challenge #18 - Punches and Dies
Crafty Catz Weekly - Challenge #87 - Fancy Folds
Everybody-Art-Challenge - Challenge 147 - Anything Goes
Hooked on Craft Challenges - Challenge #1 - Anything Goes


Thanks to Leanne (blog owner) and the Top Tip Tuesday ladies for letting me join them for a couple of challenges. I had so much fun and now I even found a new type of card to play with--an added bonus...woo-hoo. Check out the Top Tip Tuesday challenge blog--as their name implied, they've got tons of tips to help you better your card-making. This is on top of their weekly challenges, the fabulous cards/projects of the DT ladies to inspire you and prizes to boot.


Thanks so much for dropping by for a look. As always, I appreciate your visit and your comments even more. Have a wonderful and productive week.



Materials and Tools used:

Stamps: No other stamps beside the 2 Magnolia ones mentioned above. The sentiments are computer generated.

DP’s: Deja Views Sharon Ann Green Garden Collection Large Floral on Green, Creative Imaginations Sonnets Celery.

Tools: Spellbinders Labels 12, Martha Stewart Garden Trellis Deep Edge Punch, Magnolia Doohickey Dies Leaf & Swirl, EK Success Retro Flower punches medium and small.

Misc.: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp Pad Forest Moss and Weathered Wood, Recollections and Mark Richards pearls.

Medium: alcohol-ink markers
Face/skin: Promarkers blush, coral, soft peach, vanilla, pastel pink, satin.
Lying Tilda's Hair & Shoes – Touch Y100; Promarkers caramel, sandstone.
Lying Tilda's Dress – Promarkers amethyst, orchid, lavender; Touch T264
Hopscotch Tilda's Hair & Shoes – Touch T99, T102; Promarkers cinnamon, tan.
Hopscotch Tilda's Dress – Promarkers burgundy; Letraset Pantone Tria 500, 693, 694, 500, 698.
Cobblestone - Letraset PT cool greys CG 1-4.



42 comments:

Lamanuelle said...

Trop trop belle!!! Bravo! Bises, Nadine

Lisa Minckler said...

Norma,
Your card is absolutely beautiful!

Sharon said...

Oh Norma, your criss-cross card is absolutely stunning! I love them and haven't made one in ages, so thanks for the inspiration. Beautiful design, love Tilda lying on that terraced fence. Wonderful colouring. Sharon

Mo said...

Norma your card is gorgeous, love it !!!
Hugs,
Mo

Dena said...

Norma, wow, wow, wow!!! LOVE it! Great fold with such sweet images. They are just too fun aren't they? Your coloring looks amazing with mixing the mediums. I too am enjoying switching up my mediums at the moment. It's so fun to experiment!
Have a great day!
Dena

dolcreations said...

Norma, I just love this card. Tilda is adorable how you have her crawling on the lattice. I am definetly going to try this style of card. I love how you try new things with colouring. You have perfected both that is for sure. Have a wonderful day!

Judy K. said...

Hi Norma! Your card is absolutly gorgeous! Wonderful coloring and layout and I really like those sentiments! You go girl!!!
Hugs
Judy K.

Myrna said...

Love this Norma!!! Just love how you have Tilda laying on the lattice! I've made them before but may have to give it a try again. Thanks for the inspiration!

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! Norma, I love this card to bits, I too like crisscross cards and you've made this one so very special, Love the colouring on you Tilda's and the papers. Gorgeous creation
Hugs
Suzi x

JayLynn said...

Wow! This is gorgeous :) Gotta love those Tilda's, they look great on anything, but the way you coloured and embellished them make them even lovelier!!

♥♥RubyM:)♥♥ said...

I'm on the run I HAVE A DENTIST APPT UGH!!

I wanted to stop by really quickly to droll and get mesmorised on this creation.

Norma I'm literally in AWE and speechless of how adorable is this card my friend.

I love combining my mediums also.I do it all the time lol!
I do watercolouring with copics.Yup copics lol! Just a touch on top after everything is dry.COLOR Pastels on top of copics.Promarkers with copics and so on.LOL!!!

You have done an OUTSTANDING JOB AND THIS I BEYOND glorious gorgeous!!!

Your buddie,Ruby♥

Unknown said...

Really Stunning!

Love your coloring.

Hugs
Danielle

Barb Hardeman said...

Norma, I've just run out of words to say about your fabulous work! This card is so darn cute and the softness of your dp really is so appealing! Now, I've just got to give this Criss-Cross card a try! You are such an inspiration....beautiful work...hugs...Barb

Elle said...

Great job on your first criss-cross card! I love the papers that you used and the coloring is just perfect. Not bad embellishments either.

Annette said...

Wow Norma, your card is stunning. I love the image and the use of the criss cross layout is fab. Love what you've done with the insert too, using another image but so complementary. Love it.

Annette xx
I design for StampFairy, One Stop Craft Challenge, Incy Wincy Challenge, 2 Sisters Challenge, Top Tip Tuesday

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love your card. Just beautiful. I liked these two stamps, but after seeing your coloring and the way you used them on your card, I now love them and must have them! :)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting criss-cross card & I just noticed that Tilda looks older with wavy hair (than her usual straight) Very nice coloring - thanks for sharing.
Steph

Livert said...

Cute card.
Thaks for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter.

Hugs, Liv.

Tracy said...

Wow totally gorgeous Norma, love the design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Rene said...

Norma, every time I stop by your blog, I find something else I "need" to have! I blame you for all my Martha Stewart punches, LOL! And now this Tilda...I passed on her and now wish I hadn't! Fantastic!
Rene :D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Norma! You've done a terrific job. I'll definately have to try this layout.
Hugs Julie P

Bettina L. said...

This is just gorgeous. Just some more Tilda's I need to get for myself;) Thanks for being a guest on the TTT and thanks for playing along at Totally Gorjuss this week. Your criss cross is simply stunning:) Hugs Bettina

Danielle Champagne said...

Hello Norma, this is one of my fav card style! Love the 2 Tildas you used, sooo pretty, and nicely colored.Gorgeous paper and colors.
Hugs.

Unknown said...

Wow love the design of this card!!!! Fabulous!!!!!

Kim said...

Your criss-cross card is gorgeous. I haven't tried one yet, but boy does this inspire me to try.
Great work.

Chris said...

Sigh, Norma, I want to be like you when I grow up! Your work is phenomenal!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

OMGosh Norma.......your card is stunning! I love it! I've never tried the criss cross card before but I'm just going to have to give it a try. You've made yours absolutely beautiful! Love it!
I have that DP too & have it tucked away somewhere. Now to go find it. LOL
Happy Huggies ~
Sharron♥
Sharrahug’s Sweet Blessings

Peggie said...

Too cute. Love Tilda hanging over the lattice work.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [22 Jun 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Julie said...

So adorable! I have made a criss-cross card but not with Magnolias. Yours is just fabulous and makes me want to go make one.

Julie

Mascha Zimmerman said...

Beautful card, hgreat design, bye Mascha

cabio's craft corner said...

Norma, I finally get a chance to come by. Your card is super gorgeous. Looking at the lovely colored images, I found that you always pick the perfect images and laid them in the right places. Very sweet criss cross card and it is awesome my friend :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, wonderful card Norma and love the colours.
luv
Debby

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
I came back to take another look at your card and thought I had commented but obviously not. I checked out the pattern and this one is easier for me to do (no measuring for this one hee hee).
Your card is really cute as a button. I loooooove that DP. It really pops. The scrunchy flowers look awesome too. your coloring is gorgeous. thanks for putting the colors you have used. Not that I have got half enough yet but they are building.
Hugs Maz

Anonymous said...

Wow Norma this is beautiful! Such a fun card - I'll have to try one day too. There's so much inspiration on your blog! Love your coloring and pretty papers on this card. Perfect sentiments!

Have a great day! hugs, Angela

Maria said...

Another stunner Norma! Gorgeous colouring as always and absolutely beautiful inside and out. Hugs, Maria

Marianne's Craftroom said...

OOh haven't tried one of these yet but yours looks fab. Thanks for playing at TG. Marianne x

Aunty Sue said...

stunning card and thanks for joining us at CC this week

Diana Crick said...

Another winner Norma, love the sentiments! Colouring is exceptional.
hugs, Diana

Karen said...

Wow such a stunning card and I love everything about it.Your colouring is just divine. Thanks for joining us at hookedoncraft challenges this week and hope you join us again. If you would like to be considered for our DT call please leave a comment on the challenge blog for consideration as i just love your work.

Antonella said...

What a great card - I love how she is hanging out on the Martha punch - it adds that bit of humor to your card. Great colors! I linked over from Top Tip Tuesday where I've also linked up, hope you'll drop in!

Hugs, antonella :-)
http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/05/wacky-wednesday-hug-card.html

Eiglas said...

Truly lovely and beautifully crafted project Norma! Love your pallette and your colouring too!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...