Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Garden Friends

Hello! Happy Tuesday!

It's time for a new colour challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. Our hostess for the month of May is our very talented Paola and she has chosen the colour pink for our theme.




This is another type of the front-panel side step card. On the card that I posted a couple of postings ago the front panel is centered. On this one the front panel is to the side.



I've used a couple Magnolia images. Both of these images were coloured with coloured pencils. I've continue to experiment with the colourless blending pencil instead of using the
odourless solvent. I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this...LOL.

This first Tilda is called Tilda with Hawaii Flower, from the Butterfly Dreams Collection 2011.



This second Tilda is called Kneeling Tilda, from the Sweet Rainbow Collection 2011. I've cut out this Tilda and then mounted her on pieces of foam tape/dimensionals.


Both of these images are available from Magnolia-licious on-line store.



A few challenges that I am entering with this card:

Magnolia Stamp Lover Challenge - Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes - Challenge #73 - Girly Girl
Stamp With Fun - Challenge 115 - Pearls and Flowers
Crafts and Me - Challenge 38 - Stamp Something
Stamp Something - Something Punched
Totally Gorjuss - Challenge 84 - Flower Power


Okay, that's it for now. Thanks so much for popping in to have a look. Appreciate the visit.


I hope you will play along with us in our pink challenge. And please hop over to the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and take a look at the fabulous creations of the other DT gals and get inspired. Have a wonderful week. And go create!



Materials and tools used:

Other stamp: Hero Arts F1843 Time to Enjoy.

DP's: Recollections Light Pink Damask, K&Company Romanza Gingham.

Tools: Spellbinders Labels Twenty-One and Fancy Tags Two, Martha Stewart Edge Punch Grass and Rose Leaf punch, McGill Flowers-Petite Petals and Pine punches, Carla Craft Flower Centre punch, Michaels tiny Sun/Flower Centre punch, Punch Bunch Small Ash Leaf punch.

Misc.: Recollections pearls, Tim Holtz distress ink stamp Vintage Photo.

Medium: Coloured pencils (FB - Faber-Castell Polychromos, DC - Derwent Coloursoft, PC - Prismacolour Premier).
Face and skin - FC188, DC550, FC132, DC170, FC131, FC191
Hair and shoes for Tilda with Hawaii Flower: PC846, Derwent Artist 6100, FC179
Hair and shoes for the Kneeling Tilda: FC179, FC180, FC182, FC Artgrip 176
Pink clothing: FC193, PC1018, PC1014
Ladybug: DC930, FC191
Leaves and grass: FC168, C988
Butterflies: DC570, DC560

Paper used for colouring: Canson XL Recycled Bristol





37 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous coloring using the pencils Norma. Love the grass and the cute gardening theme with the two Tilda friends. very cute idea and folds of this card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Drea´s World said...

I should say hello, dear Norma what? Wow what map and the Coloration is so fantastic I am does not inspire a pity I the new stamps owns!!!
Continue thus I call in so with pleasure on your Blog!
Lots of love your Drea

Dena said...

Gosh girl this is adorable! GREAT combination of stamps and that spellbinders looks beautiful with the flowers in the middle. Love how you the flowers btw, great little centers!
Hugs, Dena

dolcreations said...

Oh my goodness Norma...this card is so sweet. I love how you have placed Tilda and the flower arrangement at the side is awesome! Beautiful work Norma. Oh I wish I could hang out with you and play for a day!

Natali said...

Beautiful card!! Love colours and all detalies. Very very nice!!!
Natali (Sorry my English)

Renkata said...

What a gorgeous card Norma, beautifly coloured image.

Pati said...

Woooow Norma, all of your cards are out of this world. Thank you for being such an inspiration! Hope all is fine with you!

BIG hugs and take care!
Pati

Danielle Champagne said...

WOW WOW WOW NOrma! J'adorrrrrrre! Your card is awesome! So so precious. Your coloring is divine. Love the papers and colors you chose to create your card. Both Tildas are magnificient, and they go so well toghether.
Love love love your beautiful card.
Keep on insiring me!
Hugs.

Shirley N said...

Just fabulous Norma!

Monique said...

What a gorgeous card Norma.

Hugs Monique

Sharon Caudle said...

Norma, this card is gorgeous!!! I love the beautiful colors and both Tilda's are so adorable. Beautiful coloring with the pencils! Your work is always fabulous!
hugs, Sharon

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
I have fallen in love with this card. It is so pretty. Your coloring with the pencils is awesome. My favorite medium is pencils. I love how you got the nice shading in Tilda's dress. I love how you have your flowers on the side on the fancy tag. The design of the card is fabulous. I love it better than the centre step card. (only because I failed miserably at making one). Maybe I can make one of these. Do you have a pattern?? Would love to try.
Hugs Maz

Suzi Mac said...

Wow! Norma, this is so so pretty and feminine, I love both images and your colouring is exquisit. Such a beautiful creation. Love it.
Hugs
Suzi x

Paula said...

Beautiful card!! Your coloring is gorgeous (I can't believe this is with pencils - WOW!) And I love the grass...well, actually I LOVE everything about this card :)

Anonymous said...

Wow another masterpiece Norma! Is this ever gorgeous! Beautiful scene and combination of stamps! Love the gorgeous flowers you made and beautiful coloring with your pencils! Wow!!! big hugs, Angela

Christina C. said...

This is absolutely BREATHTAKING, Norma! Your talent knows no bounds....so much inspiration to be found here! This is a work of art!

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! Your coloring is amazing! : )

Beth said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! Your coloring is awesome....I'd surely say you've gotten the hang of using pencils! Your work is always superb, and this one is no exception! :)

Barb Hardeman said...

Stunning Norma, just stunning! A friend of mine came over for a little stamping time today and had copied this card on her computer to show me. She is in love with the way you always come up with such interesting folds...as I am.
Your coloring is just perfect on both of the images. I'm still learning how to color folds but your have become a master!!!
The grass oooooooh! The flowers, oooooooh, the dp, oooooooh! Gorgeous, completely gorgeous!
Hugs,
Barb

Chris said...

Wow Norma, once again you have created a beautiful card. Love it.

Rene said...

Norma, my obsession with these cards is all yours fault! You know that, right? :D
This is GORGEOUS!!!! Seriously stunning!
Rene :D

Candy said...

Norma,
You continue to thrill me with each card you make.
Love all the different styles that you do :o)
You have become an expert now colouring with the coloured pencils!!! It seems there is nothing you can't conquer!
Love your sweet scene and the fact you have used two wonderful images. Awesome papers too.
Hugs, Candy

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Norma!!

Cami said...

First of all, gorgeous card, Norma! Love how you've done it up in mostly pinks. Your coloring with the color pencils and blender pencil is beautiful! I like this style of step card also and all the pr4etty pink flowers are such a nice touch!
Hugs, Cami

Unknown said...

Really beautifull. I love the soft colors. So sweet.

Hugs,
Danielle

Handcrafted by Helen said...

What a truly gorgeous card, I love the two magnolias, and how they tie in together with the insect theme, I love the flowers and the frame behind them! What a great idea!
Just beautiful!

Iulia said...

Wow! What a gorgeous stair-step card, Norma! Love the pinks you have used and the beautifully colored images! Al;so, great sentiment to go with! Everything's just amazing! You always make perfect cards! Love them all!
Hugs and have a happy week!
Iulia

Lisette Morris said...

Gorgeous! Hard to believe that you are just experimenting with pencils. Love the layout, just beautiful!

Elle said...

I love the set-up you used for this card. The coloring is perfect.

Betsy said...

I LOVE looking at your cards ~ they are all SO beautiful! I really like how they're not overdone ~ not too many embellishments that draw your eye away from the image. Your coloring is wonderful ~ can't believe you're just experimenting! Keep making these beautiful cards that are eye candy to your followers!

Barb F said...

Your coloring is wonderful!! I love, love, love this card!!!

Lena said...

Norma, this is so so gorgeous!!
Love the pinks you have used and the beautifully colored images!
Once again you have created a fantastic card. I love visit your blog.
Hugs
Lena

Diana Crick said...

Norma, your colouring with the Prisma's is exceptional. The folds in her dress in particular look so, so real. I love the softness of the shading and highlights, everything blended so perfectly.
Beeee-u-tifulll.
hugs, Diana

Chris said...

Oh Norma, when I opened your page and saw your card, it took my breath away! It is just so beautiful! You are so gifted. Each card is such a work of art. Love it!

Bribrie said...

C'est super beau, j'aime beaucoup !

Pat said...

Absolutely spectacular!! I love the pencil-colored images. You're brilliant with Copics and Pencils too. You are amazing. I love this...where can I get information on how to make one of these stair-step cards?

Alica said...

Fabulous! Great scene - love how you made 3 shades of grass!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes - hope you'll play with us again soon!

Hugs,
Alica ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...