Wednesday, April 15, 2009

DIY Flowers

Hello.

This is just a short posting on a couple of do-it-yourself flowers that I've used on my cards--or rather, just as short as I can make it. I've had a couple of request to show how I make my flowers.

I was making these flowers for the card that I'll be posting next and I've taken pictures as I go along. (I decided on a separate posting for the card or else just the one posting will be way, way, way too long.)

Flower #1


You need 3 different sizes of daisy punches.

Make 3 punched daisies of each size.





Shade each petal--the tip and a bit to the sides. Because of the smallness of the petals, I use an eye-makeup applicator.

For each of the sizes, arrange the 3 daisies one on top of another, a dab of glue in between, to make a multi-layered flower. Pierce a whole in the middle with a piercing tool--this is optional, but it will make it easier later on. Curl the edges of the flower. You can use the piercing tool for this also.

You now have 3 flowers. Put a dab of glue on the larger two. Stack the flowers together (large, medium, small in that order). Use the piercing tool to centre the flowers. This is where it makes it easier to do that.




Choose your flower centre: a brad, a half-pearl, a rhinestone, a button or whatever pleases you.
I chose the half-pearl.

And voila!


Flower #2

You need 3 different sizes of daisy punches. Make 2 punched daisies of each size. The petals of these ones are wider than the ones for flower #1.






Shade the edges of each petals, again the tips and a bit to the sides.

With a small scissor, make slashes in each petal.





Yes, every single petal. Sorry, this is the most time-consuming part.








For each size, glue one flower on top of the other. Just a small dab of glue now!







Curl the edges. I use the piercing tool to do this. Also pierce a hole in the centre of each flower--optional, for centering purposes, unless you're planning to use a brad for a flower centre, then it's mandatory.





Glue the 3 flowers together--largest at the bottom, smallest on top (not that you can't figure that out for yourself, hee hee).








Choose a flower centre.

And again, voila! Cool, huh?



Hope this helps and inspire you to be creative.

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow! You did an awesome job with these.

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful Flowers---I love them! Might have to get me some of these punches & try this--TFS!!

hugz,
Suzanne

Shannon said...

Awesome tutorial! I'm thinking a couple of my sizzlits dies might work too. Fabulous idea!!!

Julie said...

Thanks for the flower tutorials. I just love flowers, and I look forward to be able to make my own.

mynewblog said...

Wow, this is a real cool turorial! The instructions and pictures are superbly, clear! THANKS!!

Diffirent Shades Of Life said...

Thanks for the instructions, your flowers look awesome....
hugs
Sue

Krystinah said...

Wow...Great idea...I think your flowers are beautiful...I want to try this...Thanks for sharing...Hugs Kristina

Debbie Pamment said...

And there I was thinking they were bought flowers - do your talents EVER end??????
Thanx so much for sharing your wonderful technique with us.
xXx

Anonymous said...

I love your flowers...very talented. I'd never be able to make them myself. Thanks for sharing.

Kellie said...

WOW thank you so much for this, only now I'll have to go and buy the punches.....Another thing to add to my ever growing list of things I NEED, haha.
Kelx

Anonymous said...

awesome, I'm never happy w/just a punch out flower...it has to be "jazzed" up big time and I love that you cut the ends of the petals! I will be doing this!
thanks!
Pam Going Postal

Claralesfleurs said...

Wow!! Beautiful flowers and easy to do!! Thanks for this tutorial!!

Clara XXX...

paperscissors said...

i have seen a kajillion blogs with instructions for flowers and not once have i liked the end result, yours are beautifully put together and then adorned with a pearl, perfection!

Magnolia (Edith) said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...