Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Gardening

Hello.

Oh, I finally have a new card to show you.

I had such plans for this past weekend for my card-making, but it turned out to be a total bust. A big fat zero in the output department...LOL. And then there was that little incident of my not being able to find my camera after a wedding party I attended. It was finally found in my brother's car (phew!)--slipped out of my pocket while I was sitting in the back seat. Thank goodness, but it was still a wasted weekend--at least it felt like it.

Okee doke....sorry for my rambling on, but just had to get that off my chest.

Here's my card.

I have used an image called Jimmy and Grandpa Gardening from the In2stamps April Releases Collection. The stamp can be purchased from the In2stamps on-line store here.

I am using this card as my entry to the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge - Week 57 - I have used Emma's wonderful sketch shown to the right here.

ABC Challenge Blog - W is for Weather.


I have made this a general card and did not put any sentiment on it. I can easily add the required sentiment for whichever occasion arises.

I've also used my Prismacolor pencils again to colour the image. I'm enjoying myself experimenting with them, but I do miss my markers.

Except for the 4 tiny brads at the corners, I didn't put any other embellishment. I thought the design of the DP is quite busy that any embellishment would probably get lost in it.

Thanks for stopping my. I do appreciate your visit. Enjoy your week!


DP: from Me&My BIG Idea Value Pack paper pad.
Misc.: Recollections brads. Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large and Petite Scalloped Circles Large.




11 comments:

Saskia said...

Great card, with a lovely stamp! :) I LOVE the backgound papers!!

Saskia :)

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card, luv the fab image...great colouring & ace layout xx Lizzy xx :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Norma WOW this is one amazing creation I am in love with those papers and the image in fact I am in love with this card it looks like one of those beautifully decorated tiles your colouring of that image is superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Debbie Pamment said...

LOVE that DP - and the way you've used it is FABULOUS! And your image is coloured beautifully as always too! Another awesome job.
Glad you found your camera but sorry your crafting weekend was a bust :(
xXx

Tracy said...

I love your take on the sketch and it's a very adorable image, gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lauren said...

Stunning! I love that you used the background paper as a mosaic!

Lauren

dolcreations said...

I have been having the same type of week here! You are not alone!
I love the experimenting that you are doing with the pencil crayons...Your colouring is stunning! I love the softness that you are getting using this medium.
Great card Norma!!!

lin_ka1 said...

This great finish. Card attracts the eye. Beautiful

Olya Chudoolya said...

fabulous card!!

Barb Hardeman said...

I love this sketch, Norma! Your paper is so beautifully suited to it and the image is absolutely adorable. As always it's beautifully colored!!!
Hugs,
Barb

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Norma

This is just stunning, the colouring is perfect and i love the papers...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...