Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Happy Halloween

Hello and a Happy Tuesday!

Can you believe it's almost the end of September already? Which reminds...yikes, I'm not doing very well with my must-do-at-least-one-Christmas-card-per month. I have some serious catching up to do!

Anyway, back to my current card. It's time for our September Inspiration Challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.




Our hostess for the month of September is Tracy and she has provided this picture for your inspiration.



I hope you will come and play along with us in our challenge. There's is a prize of a $25.00 Gift Certificate for your shopping pleasure at Magnolia-licious. And to further inspire you, have a look at fabulous cards and projects that the other DT gals have created HERE!


As for my card, I have made a front-panel side step card, with the front panel being shifted to the side instead of centered.




This adorable witch is called Sitting Witch Tilda from the So Spooky Collection 2009 from Magnolia. And she is sitting on Pumpkin & Leaves from the same collection.

As you can tell...LOL...colouring in black is very much a challenge for me. I suck at it! One day I may just get it right--the operative word being 'may'...LOL.

I used my coloured pencils to do the colouring of my images. For her dress, hat and boots, I thought I was using black, but as it turned out I was using the darkest warm grey pencil. It did look black when I was colouring on the white paper, but compare to my self-made black spider (cute eh?) poor Tilda's outfit looks quite washed out...LOL. Oh well...I'll do better next time.

Normally, I would have stamp these 2 images separately and colour them. Then I would cut out the Tilda image, put pieces of foam tape/dimensionals onthe back and put her on the pumpkin for a more 3-D look. But this time, I had decided to do masking.


Here are some challenges I am entering with this card:

Simon Says Stamps - Dies to Die For
Magnolia Down Under - Challenge #115 - Fancy Folds
Paper Sundaes - Challenge #88 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Creature Comforts. I figure my itty bitty spider qualifies as 'any little critter'.


This is the view of the inside of the card.


That's all for now. So glad that you manage to drop by. Thanks so much for your visit--always much appreciated. Enjoy you day.


Materials and Tools Used:

Other stamp: Inkadinkadoo All Hallow's Eve clear stamp set

DP's: Basic Grey Eerie/Jack-o-Lantern, Making Memories (note) Worthy Delaney Ledger Circles

Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Nineteen

Punches: Martha Stewart Scary Fence Edge Punch, EK Success Retro Flower medium and small, MCGill Pine

Miscellaneous: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Stamp Pad Black Soot

Medium: Coloured Pencils - Faber-Castell Polychromos, Derwent Coloursofts and Prismacolour Premiers; Letraset Promarkers for the face and skin







27 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning card Norma. The coolouring is gorgeous. I love the shape and the layout of the card, everything about it is wonderful :-)
Hugs
Tasha
x

cabio's craft corner said...

That's so cute Norma. Love the cute little fences and your wonderful colored Tilda. She looks adorable. Of course the inside is awesome too :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Isa said...

It´s a precious card !!!

Angie said...

Great card love the colours and the image and your itty bitty spider he's fab.
Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
Angie x

sara said...

so sweet tilda looks fab sat on that pumpkin thank you so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x

dolcreations said...

Everytime you post a card I just think it is perfect. I just love your colouring. I love how you masked Tilda so she sits on the pumpkin! Always a perfect card Norma in my eyes!

Danielle Champagne said...

Norma, this is toooooooo pretty. Love Tilda sitting on this big pumpkin. Your coloring is absolutely divine. The dp is really beautiful, and the inside so cute. I love the writing space with the big pumpkin.
Really fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Your card is lovely Norma! Beautiful layout, papers, and color choices. I think you've colored this sweet Tilda beautifully! hugs, Angela

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card.

Marie-Anne

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute is right Norma, this is wonderful!

Jean said...

Oh Norma... This card is sooo adorable.. I love your Tilda and pumpkin and your masking of them.. The colors are devine and love your design.. and yes, I love the spider you made, did you make the spider web? Love the inside of the card also... A great card..
Hugs, Jean

Patti Jo said...

Cute as can be and beautifully done Norma! Love the side-step, flowers and Tilda so sweetly sitting on top of that fabulous pumpkin! Fantastic work!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Norma!
Great card. I love the DP's and tilda looks as cute as can be. I was thinking of Miss Muffet when I saw the spider. I wonder if he has plans on sitting beside her.....ugh.
Your coloring of tilda and the pumpkin is gorgeous. Love the flowers. super inside as well. the witch stamp looks great.
Hugs maz

Joy said...

Norma your card is a masterpiece I really love the layout and your colouring is so superb, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Cami said...

Your card is very lovely, Norma! I think you did a great job coloring Tilda and the deep gray is very pretty! Your masking is perfect and I love the DPs, your homemade spider, and the cute crooked black fence. It's beautiful inside and out, as always!
Hugs, Cami

mlarisa said...

Просто потрясающе!!!

Karen said...

What a great card! Excellent job with all the details. Very creative. I definitely want to buy that pumpkin.

Karen

Karen said...

THis is so pretty! I love the eyes on the spider, nice touch! : )

Barb Hardeman said...

Absolutely delightful Norma! Your masking is perfect and to tell the truth, I quite like Tilda in her off black outfit! It's a little softer and sweeter and more befitting such a sweet face! Love the way you finished the inside of the card. Pretty papers and the little flying with is as cute as a button! Great take on the challenge!
Hugs,
Barb

Christina C. said...

How special!!!!! Norma, you always amaze me with your gorgeous cards and your fancy folds! Your card is a work of art, as always! Tilda looks so adorable sitting on that pumpkin and the inside is absolutely stunning! Beautiful, beautiful job!

Rene said...

Super pretty! Love how you colored her dress! Sigh...I guess now I "need" that fence punch. Did you know I blame you for my Martha Stewart punch collection?!? ;D
Rene :D

Anonymous said...

Love your card Norma! Wonderful inside and out. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week
Hugs Julie P

Pat said...

Oh Norma...you always have the best card designs! I love this side-step card...and have never made one. Would like to, tho...it's soooo versatile! I love this little Tilda...and she looks so cute propped up on the pumpkin!! I have trouble with black AND white objects..go figure. You'd think they'd be easy! Nope! Not for me! I love all of your coloring...and the embellies are perfect! Hugs. Pat

Norma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

Norma this is beautiful - the colors are gorgeous as is your coloring. I love the way you have colored Tilda!!
Sandy

Kruemel said...

Oh, what a cute card! Love how you put Tilda on that pumpkin - and that fence border looks great on that Halloween card!

Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under this week.

Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Jane said...

This is gorgeous! lovely autumn colours. Thanks for joining us at mduc, hugs, Jane x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...