Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just because - Magnolia-licious Feb colour challenge

Hello.
Happy Tuesday. Since this is the 2nd Tuesday of the month, it's a new colour challenge at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. I am the hostess for this month, so I get to chose the colours..woo-hoo. I've chosen one of my fave colour combos: blue and brown. And here is what I came up with.



I hope you will join us in our colour challenge.  To inspire you further, have a look at the fabulous cards of my DT teamates HERE.  The prize is a random draw of a $25 Gift Certificate from Magnolia-licious.

I've also chosen a favorite Tilda of mine to grace the front of my card. This adorable gal is called Tilda with Peony. She's an oldie but goodie from the Magnolia's Wedding Collection 2010.  I've coloured her with my Letraset markers.



This is how I've decorated the inside of my card.



The sitting Tilda here is called Traveling Tilda and she is from Magnolia's Bon Voyage Collection 2010.

You can shop for your wonderful Magnolia products at Magnolia-licious, Diana's on-line store. She has a fabulous collection of full size and mini stamps, doohickey cutting dies and magazines. Also available are those exquisite Memory Box and Marianne Design dies, and other crafting tools and products. Check them out HERE.


Here are a few challenges I am entering with this card:

Crafting Life’s Pieces February Sketch Challenge #44
Stampin’ for the Weekend – Challenge 3 – A photo/colour combo (blue and brown)
Paper Sundaes - Challenge #107 Sundaes Bar: the colour cream, blue, distressing and pearls (I think I've got 3 out of the 4 on my card)
Passion for Promarkers Week 136 - Distressing (I went with inking my paper edges)
Going Grey with Scrap-Creations - 3 Layers

Thanks so much for dropping by. I appreciate the visit. Have a wonderful week!


Materials and Tools used:

Stamp:  Inkadinkado Flower Sentiments clear stamp set

Dies: Spellbinders Scrapy-Land-Custom-Design Dies, Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals and Grommet Tags; Magnolia Swirl; Cheery Lynn Design small butterfly; CC Design Leaf bunch

Punches: EK Success heart swirl border punch and small retro flower; Punch Bunch daisy punches large, medium and small; Martha Stewart rose leaf and hydrangea petals; Nellie Snellen leaf punch and embosser

Miscellaneous:  Tim Holtz distress ink stamp pad Vintage Photo; brads and pearls from my stash

37 comments:

Silvie Z said...

Gorgeous card Norma, really like this one! You've put all the elements on your card so nicely together! Love your flowers and the inside is aweome too!
Hugs,
Silvie xx

Janine said...

What a lovely card Norma. I love this colour combination. The inside is so pretty too
Janine xx

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love the blue and brown and your flowers are gorgeous
Louise

Unknown said...

Oh my Norma this is just breathtaking!!!!! Wow the colors are stunning!!!!! I sure wish I could color like you do!!!!!! Spectacular!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Norma, love your gorgeous card!! And such a great colour combination, really pretty. I'm part of a blog hop today, a joined venture between Whimsey Stamps, Make it Crafty and Little Miss Muffet stamps. There are loads of prizes to win so pop on over and join in on the fun! Hugs, Frea

Karen said...

Wow, stunning! Your card is gorgeous. The color combo & the embellishments are beautiful.

Karen

Cathy Lee said...

Both Tildas are precious, Norma. I love the blue and brown color combo.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Anonymous said...

Stunning design Norma! Your work is always top of the line. Beautiful inside and out. Your images are colored beautifully and I love your paper choices. Do you like the Letraset markers better than copics?

Have a great day, hugs, Angela

cabio's craft corner said...

Hi Norma, I am so glad that I finally get to see the whole card inside and out. love checking out your beautiful coloring and the pretty flower arrangement :-)
Hugs,
Cabio

Suzan L said...

Hi Norma, Your card is gorgeous inside and out! I love all the beautiful flowers and leaves that you made and Tilda is colored so beautifully! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Hugs,
Suzan

Pam Sparks said...

Beautiful! You do blue so marvelously! Fabulous! Gorgeous coloring/creating Norma!

Regina said...

What a beautiful card !!! Love all your details and embellishing! Fabulous work as always!!:))
Hugs
Regina

Barb Hardeman said...

Gorgeous card Norma and so elegant with your die shape pieces. Your coloring is fantastic - as always - and I love the layout of your front and inside. Beautiful job...hugs...Barb <><

Paula said...

Beautiful! I love this color combo (kinda surprised myself...wouldn't have thought so) Your card is gorgeous, very inspiring...I'm definitely using the color combo on my next card!!!

Suzi Mac said...

Utterly adorable Norma, I love the papers and design. The inside is just as beautiful. A stunning creation indeed.
Hugs
Suzi x

Pam said...

Gorgeous card Norma....love your beautiful coloring!!!
Hugs....Pam:)

Jean said...

Oh Norma, I love this card. Usually don't like blues, but love it with the brown and the layout you did with the brown and blue is just so beautiful.. All your accessories are so perfectly placed to make it so special.. A gorgeous card and the inside is really stunning.
Hugs, Jean

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done Norma, I love the brown and blue colour combination. Your cards are always finished so beautifully inside and out, Delightful creation
Hugs Julie P

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous Norma. The out and inside are stunning. Love this colorcombo and all the details.
xxxSylvia

Karen said...

Wow! This is beautiful!!

Sandy said...

Norma - your papers are like a dance - the colors gorgeous together and your coloring divine. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I am afraid I am forever behind in my looking at people's blogs and commenting. You have always been amongst the best!
sandy

Rene said...

Gorgeous! I looooooove blue and brown too! Just fabulous!
Rene :D

Candy said...

Oh Norma!!!!
How wonderful.....
I adore EVERYTHING about your BEAUTIFUL card.
Hugs, Candy

Cami said...

You did it again, Norma! Such a lovely creation. I really like this blue/brown color combo you've chosen for this color challenge. Your flowers are always so pretty, and your coloring always so beautiful.

Hugs, Cami

Crea Astrid said...

Wowwww, what a beautiful card. Nice colors and coloring.

What a beautiful blog you have with beautiful creations. I am become a follower so I can see your beautiful creations.

Hugs Astrid.
http://creaastrid.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

I love the DP flower paper that you highlighted in the tabs, really pretty. This card is so soft and pretty, and your flowers and flourishes are just the right touch to enhance your beautiful coloring of Tilda. Love the inside too, the sentiment stamp and flourishes are beautiful.

lis-m said...

what a stunning card.. i love the papers, the flowers , the layout.. in fact all of it ..
thanks for joining us @ Pfp this week . Hugs xx

Christina C. said...

Another magnificent creation, Norma!
Love the beautiful colors and the stunning flowers! The inside is just as lovely as the outside....absolutely breathtaking!

Sharon said...

Your card is absolutely stunning and what a wonderful inspiration for the challenge. Just love that nestie Norma? What is it called? hugs Sharon

Elle said...

A very beautiful, well done card. I love the color combination and the flowers are to 'die' for!

Gina K said...

Simply beautiful! I love those flowers, swirls and butterflies. Great choice for a color combo. I also love how you decorated the inside. I am often too lazy to do that, and I need to make more effort because it looks so nice! It's like an additional gift/surprise when you open the card.

Danielle Champagne said...

OH! my goodness... let me pick myself up... NOrma this is my 2nd most favourite color combo - chocolate and blue. And your shades are rich as chocolate, and lovely as deep blue sky. tilda is just sooo pretty, your coloring is out of this world gorgeous. Your lovely flowers are just so delicate and beautiful, a fabulous cluster. your whole card is a candy for my eyes.

Kimberly said...

oh i love the way you coloured this one...super fine design...thanks for playing with PFP this week..

Handcrafted by Helen said...

A really amazing card, I love the inside as well as the front. The flowers are amazing as usual!
Just stunning!

Chelsea said...

Wow Norma! I love everything about this card. The colors, flourishes, image and design. Thanks for sharing your take on the CLP Sketch this month.

Hugs and Love.

Elise said...

Wowwweee! This is absolutely DIVINE! What a most gorgeous creation! I love your colouring and you did such an amazing job with the sketch! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us at CLP!

Hugs,
Elise

Frederique said...

Wow, that's like a work of art! if my cards were that beautiful I would never want to give them away!!
Freddie xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...